Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st January 2007, 06:15   #201  |  Link
Zag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDCake View Post
Gotcha

I've got the same setup, waiting for more tools to find those keys.

BTW, did I mention how much I hate DHCP, no DHCP video card or compatable display and no workie. I guess thats why we are chatting in this thread to begin with. =]

~DC
I think you meant HDCP (High-Bandwidth Content Protection) and not DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). Gotta love all these acronyms. BTW, I agree with you...
Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 06:19   #202  |  Link
DVDCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zag View Post
I think you meant HDCP (High-Bandwidth Content Protection) and not DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). Gotta love all these acronyms. BTW, I agree with you...
DOH! Ya thats it =]

I got lucky though, ive got a nvidia 7600 card and a westinghouse 37" which is HDCP compliant.
DVDCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 12:48   #203  |  Link
zeroprobe

So anyone think there will be a follow up to this come tommorow??
zeroprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 13:23   #204  |  Link
Golgot13

HDCP is not a prrotection because there is lot of device which
can remove the HDCP protection...
This device is sell in grey market (without label, name,...),
and some professional use it to display video with old HD TV set.

Golgot13
Golgot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 13:49   #205  |  Link
hajj_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgot13 View Post
HDCP is not a prrotection because there is lot of device which
can remove the HDCP protection...
This device is sell in grey market (without label, name,...),
and some professional use it to display video with old HD TV set.

Golgot13
got a link for this device, im sure hdcp aint been cracked!
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 15:51   #206  |  Link
edo1080

the only problems is how to find the kyes now, the tool is working( the youtube video shows it clrearly) ; I expect key lists will appear somewhere on the internet and will be shared. Anyway AACS will give a new set of keys for further releases of HD DVD movies and stand alone player by Toshiba will require a firmware update while software players like POWERDVD or WINDVD will require a new version update; I'm quiste sure that,even if now it could be possible to grab keys from memory with already released titles, with next gen software players this chance will ber forbidden. Anyway we will be able to backup at least all the titles released until now.

I hope tomorrw we will see some interesting news.
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 17:19   #207  |  Link
Fuse-One

I'll be getting a 360 HD drive soon. I am as excited as when decss was released back in the days.
Fuse-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 17:42   #208  |  Link
video
moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki View Post
PS for people in countries that don't have the HD-DVD drive available for purchase, www.playasia.com have fair pricing on the device, and decent shipping rates.
gooki. the site says that the drive "Compatible with Xbox360™
Japanese". I have an european version of xbox.360. will the drive work for me?
Thanks.
Old 1st January 2007, 18:44   #209  |  Link
SBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
got a link for this device, im sure hdcp aint been cracked!
I know there was a small device, like a cable adapter, that hooked on to dvi or hdmi cables and just removed the HDCP and gave you a regular signal.
I think they were on sale for 30-40€ in germany, but everything got shut down eventually if I remember correctly.
This was a while ago and there wasnt much of a market back then.
Some similar device is probably what sits in all HDCP compatible displays so it's not very mystical at all that you could make a device like that with the right chip and components.
I don't know if they will ever be "allowed" for people with old displays that don't support HDCP, but I doubt they can be made illegal, just very very hard to get your hands on.
SBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 19:30   #210  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

There were devices called DVIMAGIC and DVIHDCP, which were distributed by Spatz Tech in Germany, but manufactured in Korea. They were much more expensive though, more like 350€.
The DVIMAGIC would convert DVI/HDCP to VGA, the DVIHDCP would convert DVI/HDCP to HDCP.
After Spatz Tec was threatened with legal actions, these device didappeared quickly, though they were said to be still produced by the Korean manufacturer for a while. There were also rumors that the chip/device id used or whatever was added to the HDCP revocation list. Dunno if this is true though.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 20:38   #211  |  Link
tonyp12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgot13 View Post
With H264 codec, it's possible to encode HD video file 1920x1080
at 8Mbps
HDDVD uses VC-1 a very similar compression to H264.
There is no magic way to re-compress the video
from 20Gb down to 8GB and still look 99% as the original.

Now that AVC versions of mpeg4 are out you probably could get 70% quility.
tonyp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 21:24   #212  |  Link
DVDCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by video View Post
Thanks.
The drive is just a toshiba USB drive, shouldn't matter where you get it from if you plan to connect it to a PC.

~DC
Old 1st January 2007, 21:29   #213  |  Link
hajj_3

the drive might be region coded, think there are 3 regions for hd-dvd's, cant be sure tho!
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 21:30   #214  |  Link
DVDCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
the drive might be region coded, think there are 3 regions for hd-dvd's, cant be sure tho!
True but it shouldn't be long till someone creates a flash to remove region restrictions.
Old 1st January 2007, 21:41   #215  |  Link
Golgot13

Today, there is not region code on HD DVD disc and on HD DVD drive
(all X360 HDDVD drive are same on the world).

Golgot13
Golgot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 21:43   #216  |  Link
DVDCake

VC1 encoding

I'm an old school encoding provider, mostly in the WM relm encoding live events via satellite and batch coversion of physical media stock. We are starting to work with VC-1 and the windows media 9 advanced codec. I have an application that runs kiosks and HD is the next step.

I've been working with some of the 1080p content on wmvhd.com to come up with a chart to show where the reduction of encoding rates will effect the viewing experience. This of course is subjective because content type and playback displays will produce different results.

So when we get some of these HDDVD's ripped and the media extraced I can produce some samples for reducing the bitrate.

~DC
Old 1st January 2007, 21:59   #217  |  Link
gooki

Quote:
Thanks.
Per above - should work fine as it's just a USB drive. The DVD region code may be different, but there is no HDDVD region code system at this point in time so for our purposes it shoudl work fine. I'll post up confirmation when my drive arrives (connected to australia/nz xbox360).
gooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 22:25   #218  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse-One View Post
I'll be getting a 360 HD drive soon. I am as excited as when decss was released back in the days.
There are several online reviews of the 360 HD drive under Windows. You might need new UDF filesystem drivers:

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-comput...x360-hd-dvd-pc
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 22:46   #219  |  Link
oddball

Just jumping ahead to mention something if not already mentioned. Sharing of keys is a BAD idea because they will get blacklisted on future HD-DVD releases. Better to have a prog that decodes the keys for you (But does not tell you what those keys are) and then uses that key on the HD-DVD media to copy it. That way the media moguls won't have a list of compromised keys to blacklist players with on future HD-DVD releases. They would have to blacklist ALL keys which they could not really do without changing the way AACS works drastically.

EDIT: OK read all the way through and others saw this same logic. Sharing keys = revocation.

Last edited by oddball; 1st January 2007 at 23:30.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 23:23   #220  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Just jumping ahead to mention something if not already mentioned. Sharing of keys is a BAD idea because they will get blacklisted on future HD-DVD releases. Better to have a prog that decodes the keys for you (But does not tell you what those keys are) and then uses that key on the HD-DVD media to copy it. That way the media moguls won't have a list of compromised keys to blacklist players with on future HD-DVD releases. They would have to blacklist ALL keys which they could not really do without changing the way AACS drastically.
If disc/title keys were "shared", there would be no way of telling where they come from. Then again, looking at the video ony MyTube, it's quite obvious were the keys came from. So the player key will be blacklisted although it was never posted or maybe not even found and thus compromised.
So your suggestion somehow lacks any base and/or also shows a somewhat strange idea of the keys involved here. If it was possible to decode the disc/title keys without a specific player key, this would mean that AES128 was broken, which it isn't.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote