Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th April 2011, 13:38   #1461  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Thanks for your answer !

The "Subtitles" menu is grayed out : http://i.imgur.com/MaqHw.png ...

I don't understand why, I've checked the options and I see nothing wrong. I am still using XP, can it be related to that ?

Also what should I do if I don't use MadVR so that DVXA decoding works ? I guess I should add DirectVobSub to the list in this case ?
You cannot (currently) use DXVA and DirectVobSub at the same time. Make sure you have respected the following options:
1.) In MPC-HC's options under "Playback", activate "Auto-load subtitles"
2.) in MPC-HC's options under "Output", you use a renderer with two asterisks behind the name (" ** "). On Windows XP that's "VMR-9 (renderless)" if you want to use DXVA
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 13:47   #1462  |  Link
pankov

I've just tested a bunch of .ts files and I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Only this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?em2ouktaqfvd36f
crashes the player (ZoomPlayer) after showing the first few frames.
If I select "No subtitles" in LAV Splitter's options everything works fine.
So I guess it could be that it's DirectVobSub's fault after all but I thought it's better report it in case you can do something about it.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 13:49   #1463  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov View Post
I've just tested a bunch of .ts files and I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Only this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?em2ouktaqfvd36f
crashes the player (ZoomPlayer) after showing the first few frames.
If I select "No subtitles" in LAV Splitter's options everything works fine.
So I guess it could be that it's DirectVobSub's fault after all but I thought it's better report it in case you can do something about it.
Interesting, the second BBC-HD subtitle crash. Maybe i should figure out why its crashing in VSFilter.

Edit: Actually, at least when using the MPC-HC internal renderer, this one doesn't crash.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 10th April 2011 at 13:53.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 13:58   #1464  |  Link
CruNcher

all the other H.264 streams seem to stay sync so if the fix is just to disable Video Stream Parsing for H.264 ts bitstreams (in this decoder configuration) and enable it for Mpeg-2 Bitstreams (for the other Mainconcept) it could be a way of managing it but i wait for your next version to see if its a better way for more Decoder especialy as this way here brakes LAV CUVID Mpeg-2 Decoder it freezes with Video Stream Parsing off on that Mpeg-2 sample. Now i will test first how many H264 .ts streams are affected by Disabling the Video Stream Parsing

Nice the Hilary Stream Plays now with the new build im using the one from Mercury http://www.multiupload.com/4YXAGI9BRG, no stream switching yet but at least it plays, seeking though still seems to fail also

hehe i cant wait for the ultimate showdown between MPC-HC TS Splitter and LAV Splitter, Haalis Splitter seems already far behind with all its crashes and PAT problems

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 10th April 2011 at 14:18.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 14:09   #1465  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

clsid, nevcairiel:
Even with v0.21, the sub-type is changed for formats other than AVI, for example "VOB" files (MPEG2-PS).
Is it possible to disable this behavior in the new installer by created clsid?
And while we're discussing the installer, can you set a command line to disable some or all format registration, so that no sub-type is changed by the installer when doing a unattended (silent) installs?
Old 10th April 2011, 14:34   #1466  |  Link
CruNcher

Nev i see you got V0lts Canal HD sample working though it crashes Cyberlinks Decoder now works fine with LAV CUVID obviously

guess we need to see if that still happens with the new H.264 parser in LAV Splitter 0.22

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 10th April 2011 at 14:39.
Old 10th April 2011, 14:51   #1467  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
In MPC-HC's options under "Playback", activate "Auto-load subtitles"
Damn it, I just forgot to switch "Auto-load subtitles" on ... Thanks a lot !

I still have some problems with a mkv file, if I try to change the audio track, the audio stops playing : sample.mkv ...

PS : Are TS files with more than one program currently supported ?

Last edited by Underground78; 10th April 2011 at 14:58.
Underground78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 14:56   #1468  |  Link
CruNcher

Obviously turning of Video Stream Parsing just to fix some streams sync issues is no good solution as other streams can stay completely black and additionally others go unsync shifting problems around is not a good idea
Even if so far i found only 1 Stream that goes entirely black and 1 Stream that goes out of sync

Oh some .m2ts streams also fall back to Arcsoft Demux or MPC-HC splitter and can't be parsed with that LAV Splitter build @ all anymore it seems most common criteria seems that they have a dts-hd ma stream and that sound doesn't play with Lav Audio decoder @ all on the other 2 parser.

Here is a sample of such a .m2ts that falls back the chain http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?89mi598a8y73jba (though that's much better then how some Video Decoder try to forcefully playback streams they can't )

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 10th April 2011 at 15:35.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:18   #1469  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Are TS files with more than one program currently supported ?
You should be able to play them, with the limitation that you'll only ever see the first program it finds.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:34   #1470  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You should be able to play them, with the limitation that you'll only ever see the first program it finds.
With this sample, it only shows the first image so I guess there is something wrong.

Also with this other sample, the playback is quite jerky when using the VMR-9 renderer. I am not sure it is related to LAV Splitter though.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:40   #1471  |  Link
CruNcher

@Underground78 try this build after 0.21 it should fix the freeze issue http://www.multiupload.com/4YXAGI9BRG oh indeed that sample still freezes also with the new build, the other shows no issues here on vmr9 windowed nor renderless nor lav cuvid nor cyberlink nor ffdshow audio nor lav audio nor any combination

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 10th April 2011 at 15:49.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:45   #1472  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
@Underground78 try this build after 0.21 it should fix the freeze issue http://www.multiupload.com/4YXAGI9BRG oh indeed that sample still freezes
It fixes this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78
Also with this other sample, the playback is quite jerky when using the VMR-9 renderer. I am not sure it is related to LAV Splitter though.
Thanks !
Old 10th April 2011, 16:03   #1473  |  Link
CruNcher

Instant Stream switching like with the Hilary sample works fine with Cyberlinks Demuxer

MPC-HC splitter in comparison with the hilary sample also fails on this one (Video Freeze audio Plays)

VLC fails also here with it defaults only mplayer (smplayer gui) does the stream switching as instant as cyberlink on Windows though smplayer gui wont jump to the correct audio stream you need to select that manualy :P

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 10th April 2011 at 16:24.
Old 10th April 2011, 16:11   #1474  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Bug .ts + MPEG2 - http://aleksoid.tosei.ru/Test/Sample/Hilary.0000.ts
Fixed
It start to play, but i can't seek it, timer stop.
Old 10th April 2011, 16:14   #1475  |  Link
clsid

@nevcairiel

Perhaps you can make the format registration conditional?
For example, read values from HKLM\Software\LAV\Splitter
If value for a format is 1, registered format. If 0, don't register (and cleanup previous registration).
If value does not exist, use internal default, namely register stable formats. That way the reg key is not needed for manual registration.

I will send script after I have cleaned it up a bit.
Old 10th April 2011, 16:58   #1476  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
Instant Stream switching like with the Hilary sample works fine with Cyberlinks Demuxer
Stream switching is "by design" not instant. I could just make it instant, but that had some drawbacks.

What i do is let the player actually choose a new audio decoder. For example the MPC-HC splitter doesnt do that, it just hopes that the previous decoder can handle the stream that you are now sending to it.

To choose a new decoder, you need to stop the graph, and reconnect the audio decoder. Now if your audio decoder is crap or just not designed for dynamic reconnection, it could just as well break in the process.
The commercial decoders, and splitters, are only designed to work in one fixed environment, where one decoder is used for all formats, so they don't generally have to handle this.

Comparisons to commercial splitters that are designed to work with exactly one audio decoder and one video decoder and one renderer in one player are really pointless.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 10th April 2011 at 17:01.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 17:26   #1477  |  Link
Ger

The progress is amazing these days.

Been running some tests on my DVB samples with the last version uploaded by Mercury_22 (so up to and including this commit), since you asked for regression testing for that one.

No regressions found, but as others have reported, seeking breaks playback with that Hilary ATSC sample. Plays fine (with the HD program selected by default) if starting from position 0 and being allowed to just play out without seeking.

I can also confirm that the crash on seek with ffdshow's libmpeg2 is fixed (tested with the old "Henry IV" sample I also uploaded around v0.3).

The other issue I have with that "Henry IV" sample still remains. When ffdshow is used as the video decoder (libmpeg2 or libavcodec doesn't matter) enabling one of the DVB subtitles stops playback when the subtitles are about to be shown. I went back through previous LAV Splitter versions, and it was broken in v0.6 (working in v0.5). No such issue with the MPC-HC decoder. MPC-HC subtitle renderer used in both cases.

I also did some recordings from around 20 different H.264 HD channels the other night. Most of these were fine, but 3-4 of these channels are problematic with LAV Splitter (black screen or frozen picture and no audio - I guess similar behavior to Underground78's multiplex.ts).

I'm uploading the problem samples recorded from these channels with DVBViewer (3 HD samples) (Adjust PMT/PAT option checked - I think this cleans it up and removes all other empty programs from the original transponder/mux), and also with Enigma2 (3 HD from the same channels as above + 1 manually split/cut SD) which seemingly leaves the PMT/PAT with empty remains from the other channels in the original mux, as seen in Cyberlink Demuxer 2.0. The results are the same though, so how they are recorded seems to matter less than which channel it was recorded from. I'm still including both types just in case. I tested old versions, but they never worked properly, so no regression. Plays fine in DVBViewer, TSPlayer, Enigma2, VLC. MPC-HC splitter is partially OK, but the duration is broken for some of the samples, and may need a seek to start. Duration is OK with LAV Splitter though.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 17:39   #1478  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
The other issue I have with that "Henry IV" sample still remains. When ffdshow is used as the video decoder (libmpeg2 or libavcodec doesn't matter) enabling one of the DVB subtitles stops playback when the subtitles are about to be shown. I went back through previous LAV Splitter versions, and it was broken in v0.6 (working in v0.5). No such issue with the MPC-HC decoder. MPC-HC subtitle renderer used in both cases.
Just to be clear, you have the subs selected from the start, but then it freezes when it wants to show them? Now thats weird.
Also, i don't see that here.

Using LAV Splitter, LAV Audio, ffdshow in libmpeg2, MPC-HC sub renderer, EVR-CP (and madVR tested as well). Selected english audio track, and bulgarian sub track. Subs show just fine.
Old 10th April 2011, 17:42   #1479  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Perhaps you can make the format registration conditional?
For example, read values from HKLM\Software\LAV\Splitter
If value for a format is 1, registered format. If 0, don't register (and cleanup previous registration).
If value does not exist, use internal default, namely register stable formats. That way the reg key is not needed for manual registration.
I'll think about that tomorrow some, i'm sure i can come up with some reasonable solution.
Old 10th April 2011, 18:06   #1480  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Just to be clear, you have the subs selected from the start, but then it freezes when it wants to show them? Now thats weird.

Also, i don't see that here.

Using LAV Splitter, LAV Audio, ffdshow in libmpeg2, MPC-HC sub renderer, EVR-CP (and madVR tested as well). Selected english audio track, and bulgarian sub track. Subs show just fine.
I retested now, and it doesn't happen if I add "bul" to the list of wanted subtitle languages. I don't speak Bulgarian, so this is only for testing purposes. It only happens if I enable Bulgarian manually from the filters/splitter menu. But once manually enabled the issue remains even after restarting playback (but not rebuilding the graph which disables the subtitles again when "bul" is not in the list).

madVR and EVR-CP behaves the same. Issue is not present at all with MPC-HC MPEG-2 decoder or with LAV Splitter 0.5 and older.

PS. I normally use "nor,swe,dan,eng" for both audio and subs. Otherwise same settings as you, and yes it plays fine until the subs are about to be shown (so when enabled when no talking is going on for a while it plays longer).

Last edited by Ger; 10th April 2011 at 18:18.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter