Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 20th July 2008, 00:05   #41  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylove99 View Post
many thanks for your reply
but i can open this script(F:\MTV\1.AVS) by Virtualdub directly
Try to append CovertTuYUY2() to your script and try again...
Old 20th July 2008, 00:20   #42  |  Link
prettylove99

1000thanks that you don't mind to take all the troubles to help me
you are so warmhearted
i will try it as you say and see what happen
best compliments
prettylove99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 16:38   #43  |  Link
babaji

I am having a heck of a time trying to remux 1080i material with mplex, all kinds of errors .... is there a reliable way to remux such heavy material? open source preferably, running linux here
babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 16:45   #44  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

What video format is your video? And from which container you want to re-mux to which one?
Old 14th August 2008, 16:58   #45  |  Link
babaji

Thanks for the quick reply!

it's native mythtv, im looking to make a Xvid contained in an AVI, from the avidemux page it seems to suggest that dvb needs to be demuxed using projectx (done) and remuxed using mplex(problematic) I have tried using the -r 64000 and -r 98000 options from the mplex commandline but it always end up with the error **ERROR: [mplex] Too many frame drops -exiting

is there any advantage to using an other container? Can I somehow avoid the need to demux/remux the DVB Streams?

this is all kind of new to me, i have put in the hours learning to encode nice quality DVD's some years ago, now i feel I need to start over again to learn all the MPEG4 options, Oh well you never stop learing do you?
Old 14th August 2008, 17:03   #46  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

There is no "native mythtv" container. DVB recordings usually are MPEG-2 Video in MPEG-PS or MPEG-TS container.
ProjectX is able to handle such files and it can produce MPEG-PS as output, so an additional muxing step is NOT needed.
Just check "to M2P" instead of "demux" in the ProcessWindow. The result should open in Avidemux.

BUT: You mention "1080i material", but HD material usually is H.264, not MPEG-2. If so, ProjectX cannot handle it !!!
Old 14th August 2008, 17:32   #47  |  Link
babaji

i did not say the container was "native mythtv". What I was trying to convey to you is that it was a native mythtv recording. I beleiev it is a MPEG-TS.

One of the problems is the audio is very often well out of sync, the AVIDEMUX wiki can likely explain this better than i can. I have also seen these problems. Some players can hide this problem by re-syncing the streams as it plays. According to the AVIDEMUX wiki the solution is to use ProjectX to demux into seprate files then remux the back together afterwards. This should fix the audio sync problems and help mask other "transmission errors".

The problem I am having is that mplex does not handle the highres files very well, choking after just a few seconds and crashing. I was hoping somebody knew a better way to remux these files.

Do you know the commadline option for projectx to output in m2p?
Old 14th August 2008, 17:38   #48  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Note that you must set the correct delay in Avidemux! That is the "Shift" checkbox. You can enter positive or negative value!
The only thing that ProjectX is supposed to fix is a delay that varies over time, because this cannot be fixed with a constant delay.

A good way to find out the proper delay is DGIndex respectively DGAVCIndex.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 14th August 2008 at 17:53.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 18:42   #49  |  Link
babaji

If anyone knows how to remux large 1080i files pleeeeeeze! let me know! I understand TMPEGENC has a product that can, but it's not free!
Old 27th August 2008, 18:31   #50  |  Link
wg

Fix Sync Problems?

Is it possible to check for & fix an out of sync XviD(And other AVI) file without re-encoding the entire file. Avi-Mux Gui will do this easily in windows, but I am now trying to migrate to Linux(Ubuntu Hardy) & have been advised Avidemux can do this, any advice as to how, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wg; 27th August 2008 at 18:35.
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 18:54   #51  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Open your source AVI in Avidemux, set both Audio and Video to "Copy", set Format to "AVI" and that's it.
If you now save the video (File -> Save -> Save Video) it will copy the audio/video stream without re-encoding.
You can correct the sync by checking "Shift" (right below Audio) and setting up the required delay...
Old 28th August 2008, 01:35   #52  |  Link
wg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Open your source AVI in Avidemux, set both Audio and Video to "Copy", set Format to "AVI" and that's it.
If you now save the video (File -> Save -> Save Video) it will copy the audio/video stream without re-encoding.
You can correct the sync by checking "Shift" (right below Audio) and setting up the required delay...
Thanks for the swift reply, how do I know what the required delay is & whether it is plus or minus?
Old 28th August 2008, 01:39   #53  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
Thanks for the swift reply, how do I know what the required delay is & whether it is plus or minus?
If the audio plays "too early" you need a positive delay, if the audio plays "too late" you need a negative delay.
Increase/decrease the delay until you are happy with the sync...
Old 28th August 2008, 07:21   #54  |  Link
wg

Quote:
If the audio plays "too early" you need a positive delay, if the audio plays "too late" you need a negative delay.
Increase/decrease the delay until you are happy with the sync...
I did realise that, but what tool would I use under Linux to measure the delay in ms so it is as accurate as possible, from your answer it does not seem that avidemux can do this.
Old 28th August 2008, 13:04   #55  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
I did realise that, but what tool would I use under Linux to measure the delay in ms so it is as accurate as possible, from your answer it does not seem that avidemux can do this.
Avidemux can do that! Press the "Play" button, watch the video play, press the "Stop" button and finally adjust the delay.
Repeat these steps until you are happy with the sync...

You could also use MPlayer and adjust the delay in MPlayer while playing (using -/+ keys). Finally apply that delay in Avidemux.
Old 30th August 2008, 07:29   #56  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:

What the heck is Avidemux?

Imagine an application which does everything VirtualDub can do, but runs on various platforms, supports a lot of containers, comes with all Codecs you need built-in and doesn't use the nasty VfW interface. That applications is Avidemux! And now the "official" version: Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It's graphical user interface looks pretty similar to VirtualDub and most features known from VirtualDub are available too. Avidemux natively supports a great number of file types, such as AVI, MPEG, VOB, TS, MP4, ASF, OGM, MKV and FLV. At the same time Avidemux natively supports a wide range of Video/Audio formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264/AVC, DV, HuffYUV, MP3, AAC, AC-3 and Vorbis. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. Video-DVD or (S)VCD compliant streams can be created with easy-to-use "Auto" wizards. Multi-threading is supported!
si it is as good as vdub for :

making uncompressed RGB avi from RGB pictures ( 300 FPS )
rendering RGB footage ( riff out of vegas ) to xvid ?

waw, will try today.
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 13:29   #57  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juGGaKNot View Post
si it is as good as vdub for :

making uncompressed RGB avi from RGB pictures ( 300 FPS )
rendering RGB footage ( riff out of vegas ) to xvid ?

waw, will try today.
I only see "YV12 (Raw)" output, not RGB. However there are various "true lossless" compression formats available (HuffYUV, FF HuffYUV, FFv1, lossless H.264). At least "FFV1" should support RGB.

Reading image sequences and save the result as video file is supported and I used it with success...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 30th August 2008 at 13:32.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 16:56   #58  |  Link
s8ntnick

Can avidemux append avi files into one large avi? I have number of home movies that I would like to combine into larger files on a DVD.
s8ntnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 17:07   #59  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8ntnick View Post
Can avidemux append avi files into one large avi? I have number of home movies that I would like to combine into larger files on a DVD.
Yes. Open then first AVI, then append the other AVI files. All AVI files must be the same resolution, of course...
Old 11th September 2008, 19:01   #60  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Yes. Open then first AVI, then append the other AVI files. All AVI files must be the same resolution, of course...
but audio can be mp3 VBR too. While virtualdub wouldn't append those kind avi with different audio bitrate, AviDemux CAN!

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avidemux, faq