Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 17th November 2011, 02:32   #581  |  Link
amtm

Try this. In a few simple tests I tried it worked. Let me know if you have any issues. Source code of this version is at: https://github.com/athomasm/subtitlecreator/
Old 17th November 2011, 15:56   #582  |  Link
nautilus7

Yes, it works. Thanks a lot!
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 15:58   #583  |  Link
amtm

Good to hear. Reporting the new version to videohelp so they have it too.

Last edited by amtm; 17th November 2011 at 16:05.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:52   #584  |  Link
amtm

If anyone else has any features they want added or bugs looked at I can look into it. I can't promise a turnaround as short as the Unicode fix, since that was a quick to find and isolated change, but I'll try. Outside of pushing a bug fix and a minor feature addition to delaycut I'll be busy for the next couple of days so it might be a bit before I can look into it.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:13   #585  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Hi amtm,

It's good to see that you're adding new features to SubtitleCreator. However, you must let everyone clearly know that the version you are providing is not an official release of SubtitleCreator.
Otherwise there will be some confusion and this may lead to big problems for the users. If for example an official 2.3rc2 version is released by us. How will users differenciate between the version you are releasing and ours?

Maybe you already have contacted Erik Vullings (Paddington on this forum) and agreed on that subject. In that case forget about my comment.

Otherwise, I would advice that you contact him (send me a PM and I'll send you his email). In the meantime, you can slightly change the name of the fork of SubtitleCreator you are developping. (Like has been done for VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod for example).

Cheers
Manusse

Last edited by manusse; 17th November 2011 at 23:18.
manusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 23:21   #586  |  Link
amtm

Ok I will contact him and also change the name to prevent confusion. I'll push a modified version later tonight
Old 19th November 2011, 12:57   #587  |  Link
Superb

@manusse: I'm confused. Are you guys still developing "the official" SubtitleCreator? Where can we find the new work? The SF.net svn repository was last updated on Oct 24 2010... :/
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 17:31   #588  |  Link
amtm

I'm still waiting to hear back from Erik so I took down the installer binary for now. Once I hear from him I'll repost the binary with what ever changes Erik would like made. For now though the source with the changes is still at the github link.
Old 1st January 2012, 13:28   #589  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

@Superb
Quote:
Are you guys still developing "the official" SubtitleCreator
Actually we are not because we don't have time. Erik stopped working on it and personally I don't really have enough free time. However if somebody wants to work work on a new version he has to change the name of the program because you'll never know. Someday myself or Erik could work on it and there would be much confusion within the users.

Happy new year!

Manusse
manusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 18:13   #590  |  Link
almozayaf

is there a way to convert multy SRT files to SUB not just one by one
i need that for a tv show
almozayaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 18:46   #591  |  Link
Siddus

>>amtm, where's the modified version that you made ??
Don't know what to do with all the files lying on github..
brgds
Siddus
Siddus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 20:17   #592  |  Link
DoctorM

I know it is too much to hope for an update at this point, but does anyone know of a quick easy method, program, etc. for performing this task:

Search and replace all instances of ♪ with <s m/>, and then saving with ANSI encoding?

SC doesn't recognize UTF-8 encoding which is pretty common with SRT files... and what Siddus said above, no idea what to do with github.

Edit: Github is now gone. Guess that's the end of that.

Last edited by DoctorM; 6th August 2014 at 23:47.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote