Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th January 2002, 11:12   #1  |  Link
AMr9

Winter makes my SVCDs freeze...

I've a problem that might sound silly to a let, but here it goes...

I've been trying to encode a DVD to SVCD, I tried using DVDx and frameserving with CCE and then TMPGEnc but unfortunately, they all lead me to the same result; a frozen frame while playback!! Now I want to tell you that it can't be a plain filter problems; I already have PowerDVD installed and I already CAN play SVCDs that I've on PowerDVD, but the ones I try to make; NO. I followed the steps in Doom9's guide, I tried NTSC and PAL DVDs, I tried several resolutions, several bitrates, blah blah blah..

The thing is, when I encode the clip using DVDx as the encoder the output file works fine, except for the miserable quality of course. Also, when I try to encode to MPEG-1 using CCE it also works fine. I don't know, but it seems as if the problems exists between DVDx and the MPEG-2 encoder!

Another thing that [i]mayp/i] be of a relation to this. I've Encore Dxr3, and it installs its filters so that it could play MPEG-2 content from Windows Media Player (at least it looks like that when I see the current active filters when playing an MPEG-2 file, but also, all it gets is a black picture with sound even with external SVCDs.

I've a P4 CPU, does the resize filter used in encoding differ with this? I tried both BiCubic and SSE BiCubic but no difference!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
AMr9 is offline   Reply With Quote