Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Linux, Mac OS X, & Co

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th March 2006, 07:04   #1  |  Link
PavalloKazzo

A little batch NSV converter (to vcd)

I wrote this script these days for help me converting a huge amount of nsv files.
Some limitations:
- It will process nsv files in subdir like dir/subdir/*.nsv (this is because the way streamripper save files);
- it also needs to have a workdir (that you will pass on script startup) so /workdir/dir1/anyname/*.nsv /workdir/dir2/anyname/*.nsv and it will produce /workdir/final_mpg_files/dir1.mpg /workdir/final_mpg_files/dir2.mpg
- It use mplayer, mpgtx (wine and faad for the "demuxer version") tools: need to be installed
- Don't place any other dir except the ones with nsv files cause they will be processed
- Absolutly don't call dir with numbers cause will loop mpgtx creating huge log files

I made two version: one simple (nsv--->mencoder-->mpgtx--->final_mpeg) and other a little ore complex (nsv-->NSVD.exe--->faad--->mencoder-->mpgtx--->final_mpeg) the "demuxer version"
This last because I couldn't get mplayer work with AAC on Debian (now I'm on Fedora 4 and seems ok) so Debian users could try that if their mplayer can't handle AAC

Some known bugs:
- If an nsv file got some corrupted frames this will cause an a/v desync plus the cut of a piece of the stream cause mplayer will do these:
Stream corrupted:
- - - - - - V4 V5 V6 V7 V8
A1A2A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8
Resultant mpg files:
V4 V5 V6 V7 V8
A1 A2 A3 A4 A5
if anyone knows how to resolve this is welcome
- Also if someone could please post a good tool to join two+ mpeg files cause mpgtx seems to cause problems (I heard about using I/O redirection aka cat aka <> but could you assure me it will work?); this could be a way to resolve any type of problems derived from bad nsv files, just run the split command to divide nsv files in 512kb or 1 mb chunk each!!!

By now I think it's all

P.S. rename the file from zip to gz
P.P.S Some Spam for google: nvs mplayer vcd svcd xvcd xsvcd dvd nsvd.exe linux
Attached Files
File Type: zip nsv2svcd.sh.tar.zip (1.5 KB, 904 views)
File Type: zip nsv2svcd_with_demuxer.sh.tar.zip (1.8 KB, 793 views)

Last edited by PavalloKazzo; 26th March 2006 at 07:06.
PavalloKazzo is offline   Reply With Quote