Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th July 2010, 21:16   #1  |  Link
gates

libaacs snapshot

The git repo to libaacs is now publicly available. It's currently in an alpha stage so expect breakage. Any feedback is welcome.

git://git.videolan.org/libaacs.git

Last edited by gates; 18th July 2010 at 19:15. Reason: libaacs git repo is now public
gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 03:36   #2  |  Link
iamlindoro

Notes on what I personally needed to do to make libaacs work with a libbluray-enabled player (MythTV):

1) Download libaacs from git. Compile and install.
2) Copy the KEYDB.cfg file included in the above archive to the folder your player requires (for MythTV, this is ~/.mythtv/KEYDB.cfg).
3) Download aacskeys (which is different from libaacs!).
4) aacskeys contains two files: HostKeyCertificate.txt and ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt. You will need the information in both later.

5) Edit the KEYDB.cfg file. Now we're going to put all the information above into practice.

Scroll down to the example | HC | entry. The contents of the HostKeyCertificate.txt give you the HOST_PRIV_KEY and HOST_CERT values. Insert them. The nonce and keypoint can be ignored.

Scroll down to the Processing Keys example entry. Add *each* processing key from ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt as a new line. example:

| PK | 0x1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
| PK | 0xABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV1234567890

If you do this, format everything properly, and have a properly enabled player/successful build of libaacs, it should be possible to play movies with AACS only, provided they are using a version of MKB covered by your Processing Keys (v10 as of this writing).

Note that I have a drive with a patched firmware. I did NOT add a Device Key entry. I am not sure if this is necessary without a patched firmware. I am also not certain that all information I ask you to make note of above is visible without one, or even what the bare minimum is. The above worked *for me*, with my player.

Last edited by iamlindoro; 29th December 2010 at 03:07.
iamlindoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 06:39   #3  |  Link
brencreetle

libaacs snapshot

Hi,

thanks for all the help. I have snapshot up and running. After the upgrade I ran alsaconf and videoconf to make sure my hardware is set up correctly.

after that x did not want to start . It complained about glitz.lib ... missing . So I had to install glitz again.

thanks for the help.

cheers, chik3n

- solved
brencreetle is offline   Reply With Quote