Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 15th December 2019, 09:52   #18021  |  Link
Ryushin

Status

EncodingClient_crash_message.txt:
Access violation at address 00426861 in module 'EncodingClient.exe'. Write of address 0000099C

Nothing is being written to a debug file right now it seems. I have two stalled EncodingServer's out of three. One EncodingServer shows it as Offline in the EncodingClient (local server to the EncodingClient), clicking connect does not reestablish the connection. Only closing the EncodingServer (closed gracefully) and manually running EncodingServer.exe allows connection to it again. The second EncodingServer just seems to be hung at 99.9%. Offline and Online the EncodingServer started it back up again.

Also having jobs that die and have ERROR shown in the EncodingClient window. More often then not, I have to go into the job, into the Avisyth windows, then click Okay, OKay to have that job work again.

Edit:
Just tried aborting (which everything was running fine at this point) but the EncodingClicent hung and I had to End the Process in Task Manager. Window was hung and you could not drag it.

Last edited by Ryushin; 15th December 2019 at 09:56. Reason: Update
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2019, 13:47   #18022  |  Link
Ryushin

Debug Gone

Is the debug version not in Core V2? Still having hangs.

Is there something like a strace for windows? I found this:
https://drmemory.org/strace_for_windows.html
Would it be helpful to use this tool? I think you would need to call it though when you start the EncodingClient program.
Old 15th December 2019, 13:51   #18023  |  Link
GZZ

Another Bug.

When Shutdown Sever and Shutdown Client is checked. Ripbot freeze on shutdown.

I manage to make a screenshot just before it finished and should shutdown.

Just Before finish and shutdown: https://imge.to/i/vMdz7H

Client Shutdown works fine.
Server shutdown dosnt work: https://imge.to/i/vMdwZC

Did some more testing and just starting Ripbot works fine, but when closing the application (pressing the X in the upper corner) it freeze.

What happen is when I click the upper corner X, it goes to the tray. There I can right click and press Show or Close. Show will show the window, but its not responding and close do nothing!. Have to kill it in task manager.

Last edited by GZZ; 15th December 2019 at 13:56.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2019, 21:44   #18024  |  Link
GZZ

Found another bug, but this might be in X265.

I have an episode of South park that is (16:9) (1920x1080), but its 4:3 with black boxes on the side. When I autocrop it, it add 240 and -240 to either side. In your script for x265 is also indicate a --SAR 4:3 and encoder says video is 1440x1080p which is just as it should be.

Quote:
Encoding started...
""\\DESKTOP_8700K\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\DESKTOP_8700K\RipBot264temp\job23\Chunks\1.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\DESKTOP_8700K\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --seek 0 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 2873 --sar 4:3 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --tune animation --ctu 32 --y4m --pools "+" --output "\\DESKTOP_8700K\RipBot264temp\job23\Chunks\1.265" -"
y4m [info]: 1440x1080 fps 24000/1001 i420p8 sar 4:3 unknown frame count
raw [info]: output file: \\DESKTOP_8700K\RipBot264temp\job23\Chunks\1.265
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 3.2+7-37648fca915b
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][GCC 9.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast LZCNT SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 BMI2 AVX2
x265 [info]: Main 10 profile, Level-4 (Main tier)
x265 [info]: Thread pool created using 12 threads
x265 [info]: Slices : 1
x265 [info]: frame threads / pool features : 3 / wpp(34 rows)
x265 [info]: Coding QT: max CU size, min CU size : 32 / 8
x265 [info]: Residual QT: max TU size, max depth : 32 / 1 inter / 1 intra
x265 [info]: ME / range / subpel / merge : hex / 57 / 2 / 3
x265 [info]: Keyframe min / max / scenecut / bias: 24 / 240 / 40 / 5.00
x265 [info]: Lookahead / bframes / badapt : 20 / 6 / 2
x265 [info]: b-pyramid / weightp / weightb : 1 / 1 / 0
x265 [info]: References / ref-limit cu / depth : 3 / off / on
x265 [info]: AQ: mode / str / qg-size / cu-tree : 2 / 0.4 / 32 / 1
x265 [info]: Rate Control / qCompress : CRF-18.0 / 0.60
x265 [info]: tools: rd=3 psy-rd=0.40 early-skip rskip signhide tmvp b-intra
x265 [info]: tools: strong-intra-smoothing lslices=6 deblock(tC=1:B=1) sao

x265 [info]: frame I: 22, Avg QP:19.10 kb/s: 10042.94
x265 [info]: frame P: 688, Avg QP:19.52 kb/s: 5711.11
x265 [info]: frame B: 2163, Avg QP:24.30 kb/s: 1097.07
x265 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:2.9% UV:2.5%
x265 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 3.1% 1.1% 1.7% 81.0% 9.0% 3.4% 0.7%

encoded 2873 frames, 16.71 fps, 2270 kbps
But when I got the final MKV it played the movie in 16:9, so I went back and found out that the 1.265 chunk (not just the first, all of them on this episode) has the SAR set to 16:9, so it stretch the image on playback.

A quick fix was to remux the video in mkvtoolnix and set the SAR to 4:3 and video looks fine again.

Might be worth checking in on, as Im not sure its a bug in your application.
Old 16th December 2019, 04:58   #18025  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
OK, well, I tried the latest corev2, and have attached some more screenshots & error msg's.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y5qs4...19%29.rar/file

I really only had 2 problems, a 4K movie I want to do, failed to get going, twice in a row (there's an error msg for that).

It stalled out on a short'ish encode, wouldn't abort, had to "kill" it, but it completed after an RB restart.

Then I loaded the 3rd "Lord Of The Rings" movies, extended version, 262, 1 minute chunks !!!

Had 2 servers helping, processed without any issue, I stopped it at chunk 175, will continue tomorrow. Used the button to control the servers, then manually stopped the clients chunks, as they finished.

So that's about it, not sure what might be left to tweak, but it seems very close.
Well, continuing on from yesterday, and unfortunately, the encode I stopped yesterday @ chunk 175, will not successfully continue

It doesn't seem to do the exact same thing twice in a row...the randomness of whatever is causing this, is the problem.

Anyway, I have posted a couple more screenshots (just more of the same, tho), I've added some notes, on each shot.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ddofn..._same.rar/file

And an unrelated problem, I thought I'd go back to an older version, and get some jobs done, but there was a BIG problem with Avisynth...RB kept asking for is on start up, and even tho I manually installed it, it still didn't accept it, so that's annoying Must be a conflict of versions.
Old 16th December 2019, 09:07   #18026  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:

Anyway, I have posted a couple more screenshots (just more of the same, tho), I've added some notes, on each shot.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ddofn..._same.rar/file
Had a look at your screenshots and the only thing I can come up with is a antivirus/firewall issue that is blocking the port. First I would have said a network issue, but its running on the same machine as RipBot. The reason I mention network issue is that the error is the same when you unplug the network cable on a client running a encoding, then it will just hang, even if you plug the cable back in. This is not quiet the same, as the client is running on the same machine as the server, so it made me thinking if this is a antivirus or firewall software that is blocking access to the file or blocking port access.

Could you try to disable Windows Defender or any other antivirus/firewall software and see if it continue. Its the only thing I can think of could help.
Old 16th December 2019, 09:21   #18027  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
Had a look at your screenshots and the only I I can come up with is a antivirus/firewall issue that is blocking the port. First I would have said a network issue, but its running on the same machine as RipBot. The reason I mention network issue is that the error is the same when you unplug the network cable on a client running a encoding, then it will just hang, even if you plug the cable back in. This is not quiet the same, as the client is running on the same machine as the server, so it made me thinking if this is a antivirus or firewall software that is blocking access to the file or blocking port access.

Could you try to disable Windows Defender or any other antivirus/firewall software and see if it continue. Its the only thing I can think of could help.
Interesting... I'm starting to think that it's not an RB problem.

I do have ALL firewalls disabled, not sure how disable Defender..

Edit:- I managed to get Windows Defender disabled in the registry, so I re started RB, and it actually started processing both chunks, and I thought "we" were onto something, then, just over 10% in on both, it locked up !!

I'm not running any other AV or Firewall app's !!

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 16th December 2019 at 10:25.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 10:57   #18028  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:

Edit:- I managed to get Windows Defender disabled in the registry, so I re started RB, and it actually started processing both chunks, and I thought "we" were onto something, then, just over 10% in on both, it locked up !!

When running local DE clients, you could properly also use IP 127.0.0.1 (local).

Another thing I would check is to run this command in powershell (search powershell in start menu).
Test-NetConnection <host> -port <port>
Use 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as host and Port 1000 or 2000 for de DE Clients

Dont know if it can keep testing on the port, but maybe something is blocking the port when it dies, so testing the port before encoding and when it stops on a chunck.
Old 16th December 2019, 11:42   #18029  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
When running local DE clients, you could properly also use IP 127.0.0.1 (local).

Another thing I would check is to run this command in powershell (search powershell in start menu).
Test-NetConnection <host> -port <port>
Use 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as host and Port 1000 or 2000 for de DE Clients

Dont know if it can keep testing on the port, but maybe something is blocking the port when it dies, so testing the port before encoding and when it stops on a chunk.
Because I nearly always have some "remote" Servers in the mix, I prefer to stick with that IP address...

I only just recently changed my LAN's IP, with the problems a couple of weeks ago, with RB, when it had a problem with a "0" in the address.

Maybe I need to try yet another...can't really change the port numbers (can you ?)

I will like your suggestion of testing the ports, so I guess my host/port would be 192.168.1.1:1000 and/or 2000, etc.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:09   #18030  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Because I nearly always have some "remote" Servers in the mix, I prefer to stick with that IP address...

I only just recently changed my LAN's IP, with the problems a couple of weeks ago, with RB, when it had a problem with a "0" in the address.

Maybe I need to try yet another...can't really change the port numbers (can you ?)

I will like your suggestion of testing the ports, so I guess my host/port would be 192.168.1.1:1000 and/or 2000, etc.
If you need to change your Lan IP. Then just go to Control panel -> Network and find you network card and change the TCP/IPv4 to something else. Mine is 192.168.1.81. But my Gateway (Router) is 192.168.1.1, normally you have router on lowest IP like 192.168.1.1 and then the rest for clients 2..255. But I dont think this is your issue.

Your script to execute for powershell would be:
Test-NetConnection 192.168.1.1 -port 1000
Test-NetConnection 192.168.1.1 -port 2000
Old 16th December 2019, 13:16   #18031  |  Link
Ryushin

Babbysitting

I'm getting lots of EncodingServer stales during the encode. I'm having to keep clicking offline/online on the staled server to keep it going. The EncodingClient did not hard hanging for me.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:28   #18032  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
If you need to change your Lan IP. Then just go to Control panel -> Network and find you network card and change the TCP/IPv4 to something else. Mine is 192.168.1.81. But my Gateway (Router) is 192.168.1.1, normally you have router on lowest IP like 192.168.1.1 and then the rest for clients 2..255. But I dont think this is your issue.

Your script to execute for powershell would be:
Test-NetConnection 192.168.1.1 -port 1000
Test-NetConnection 192.168.1.1 -port 2000
Oh, I know how to change the IP settings, but like you said, I doubt thats the problem.

I will definitely do a port check, I got a simple app that might continuously moniter the ports.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:34   #18033  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
I'm getting lots of EncodingServer stales during the encode. I'm having to keep clicking offline/online on the staled server to keep it going. The EncodingClient did not hard hanging for me.
Maybe your having a slightly different issue, if you're not getting hard stalls. Once you select abort or the X button, it will hard stall, and you have to kill it.

I've found that I am doing a lot of babysitting myself, but clicking the offline/online buttons doesn't always do anything.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:46   #18034  |  Link
jfisher1740

The encode I have been using for testing ran to completion with no issues using EncodingServer.exe v1.16.3.
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 14:32   #18035  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher1740 View Post
The encode I have been using for testing ran to completion with no issues using EncodingServer.exe v1.16.3.
I also have had encodes complete with 1.16.3, BUT it's a random issue.
Old 16th December 2019, 16:55   #18036  |  Link
Ryushin

EncodingClient Crash

Error window:

---------------------------
Application Error
---------------------------
Exception EPrivilege in module EncodingClient.exe at 0513883C.
Privileged instruction.
Old 17th December 2019, 09:21   #18037  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:

I had an issue tonight when encoding. My setup is 2 computer. One being the server with one instance of ClientEncoding and a client machine with 2 instance of the ClientEncoder.

My servers ClientEncoder stopped working, it looked like it freezed as the Graph stopped updating, but the the "Commands Recieved From Client" keept going, but it was looking for port 1001 and therefor it didnt do anything as the ClientEncoder is responding on port 1000. I have no idea why it suddenly shifted port in the middle of the night, but I killed the ClientEncoder and restarted it and everything worked fine again.

See Image: https://imgur.com/ZYS4l1a

Is it the same that happens to you when it stop on a chunk?
Old 17th December 2019, 10:19   #18038  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I had an issue tonight when encoding. My setup is 2 computer. One being the server with one instance of ClientEncoding and a client machine with 2 instance of the ClientEncoder.

My servers ClientEncoder stopped working, it looked like it freezed as the Graph stopped updating, but the the "Commands Recieved From Client" keept going, but it was looking for port 1001 and therefor it didnt do anything as the ClientEncoder is responding on port 1000. I have no idea why it suddenly shifted port in the middle of the night, but I killed the ClientEncoder and restarted it and everything worked fine again.

See Image: https://imgur.com/ZYS4l1a

Is it the same that happens to you when it stop on a chunk?
Unfortunately the screenshots are a bit blurry & hard to read...

But from what you've said, is pretty much one of the problems I have, either a Client chunk will stall, or a Server chunk will stall, sometimes when a server has a problem, I can hear RB qutting the job, in the other room.

I was chasing so many things today, I lost track, but one thing I had a bit of success with was managing to get a version of RB (just before the problem update) to work on some of my Servers (I have several different OS's on the Servers), and I thought I'd stumbled onto something about Windows Server 2019, as W10, and W8.1 were working, but not Server 2019, but then I figured out what was causing that.

But yeah, I have noticed that when it errors, it's been looking for weird Port #'s.

At one point I thought it was my "new" MDegrain custom filters, but then I figured out what that problem was...

And then I thought it was x265, as x264 wasn't causing any problems.

So all in all, another puzzling day, but at least I got a couple of encodes done.

I think I'll be sticking with my "special" version of RB for now.

Not sure where Atak is, it's been a few days since he posted anything, and autoupdates is acting strange, not connecting to anything just showing a LOT of URL's.
Old 17th December 2019, 14:57   #18039  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Unfortunately the screenshots are a bit blurry & hard to read...
You need to click on the image, then it goes full screen in high resolution.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:53   #18040  |  Link
f0ns02003

Update stopped working since a few days ago... it also fails to download the update.zip file from the forum link...

Congrats for your excellent job BTW!!!
Keep going!!
f0ns02003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360