Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 14th August 2007, 00:38   #81  |  Link
boywondr16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Good idea!

Which kind of errors? When you play your m4v file on WMP, do you get same message?

Bye
Thanks for working with me on this MrC...
No issue with playback on WMP. For some reason, AVIsynth apparently didn't like the audio track on it. Other files have worked, though I'm still having to use QuEnc, because HC isn't seeing the log file from AVIsynth.
boywondr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 12:49   #82  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywondr16 View Post
HC isn't seeing the log file from AVIsynth.
Just a thought: your HC exe file is on a hard drive unit, isn't it? Can you post here the AVStoDVD.ini file you find in AVStoDVD installation folder?

Bye
________
volcano vaporizers

Last edited by MrC; 25th January 2011 at 05:15.
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 09:18   #83  |  Link
ChickenMan

Thought I had better check out the latest version 1.1.0. Added an NTSC avi of dimensions 640x368 with dar of 1.739. Thats almost 16:9 widescreen in my book but AVStoDVD insisted on encoding it to 4:3 and with an AddBorders of 56 top and bottom.

It should have been encoded to 704x480 or 720x480 with AddBorders of 8 to left and right sides. I can edit the avisynth script fine but I cant find anywhere to change the dar of 4:3 to 16:9. Am I missing something obvious ?
Old 21st August 2007, 10:43   #84  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD checks if the DAR is equal or more than 1.77. If it is, then it autochecks the CheckBox "WideScreen Format" in the AVS Script Window. You can click on the CheckBox manually if you want to force widescreen format.

Note that in case like that, AVStoDVD will not AddBorders on left and right sides, but will crop 4 pixels top and bottom.

It should works, keep me informed.

Bye
________
Suzuki GN125E

Old 22nd August 2007, 06:57   #85  |  Link
ChickenMan

"..CheckBox "WideScreen Format" in the AVS Script Window." Thanks, I missed that. Checked the Widescreen Format box and indeed the script changed to cropping 4 top and bottom.

However, using CCE 2.70 it started encoding using a Q value of 60, that seamed way to high for a 1hr 31m xvid. I then ran the same avi through DVD2SVCD with RoBa and CCE 2.70 and it calculated a Q of 9. Final video encoded size from AVStoDVD was 1.5gb (expected with a Q of 60) and from DVD2SVCD was 4.1gb

I also checked to use DGPulldown as the original avi had a frame rate of 23.976. But 1000's of errors were displayed when DVDAuthor was creating the final VIDEO_TS folder and files, saying unknown framerate. Checked one of the final VOB files with GSpot and it reports a frame rate of 30.00fps. Checked the *.m2v file with BitrateViewer and it also reports 30.00 fps instead of 29.97 fps. I burnt it to a DVD-RW and as expected, my dvd player would not play the disk.
Old 22nd August 2007, 08:18   #86  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
However, using CCE 2.70 it started encoding using a Q value of 60, that seamed way to high for a 1hr 31m xvid. I then ran the same avi through DVD2SVCD with RoBa and CCE 2.70 and it calculated a Q of 9. Final video encoded size from AVStoDVD was 1.5gb (expected with a Q of 60) and from DVD2SVCD was 4.1gb
No support to CCE 2.70. Only to 2.50, 2.66 and 2.67 as it is reported in the commond dialog window to choose CCE exe file. The reason is that EclCCE does not support 2.70 too.
Could you check if you have same undersizing problems with lower CCE SP releases?

Quote:
I also checked to use DGPulldown as the original avi had a frame rate of 23.976. But 1000's of errors were displayed when DVDAuthor was creating the final VIDEO_TS folder and files, saying unknown framerate. Checked one of the final VOB files with GSpot and it reports a frame rate of 30.00fps. Checked the *.m2v file with BitrateViewer and it also reports 30.00 fps instead of 29.97 fps. I burnt it to a DVD-RW and as expected, my dvd player would not play the disk.
Yes, my fault: making last changes in release 1.1.0 I have introduced a bug when encoding in NTSC.

You can try, if you will, a preview of release 1.1.1. It is AVStoDVD.exe only. Copy to your AVStoDVD folder, overwrite current AVStoDVD.exe. For compatibilty reason, delete AVStoDVD.ini file too.

Thanks for your debug

Bye
________
YZF1000

Old 22nd August 2007, 20:32   #87  |  Link
sollarman

Hello MrC! We were communicating via email,I think this is better place to write comments about bugs and feature requests. Would it be nice to add capability of encoding video with more than one audio track ?

Last edited by sollarman; 25th August 2007 at 23:43.
sollarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:17   #88  |  Link
chaparral

Avstodvd instalation error...:(

Hi MrC, i tried to upgrade for your latest version of the program since one earlier version and now i just simply can't install it...
I'm running windows vista ultimate 32bits and i can't figure out what is going on...
This could be normal??

Please,look here... http://i16.tinypic.com/522ubyp.jpg

Thanks and many thanks for your great work
chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:21   #89  |  Link
ChickenMan

Upgraded to the new 1.1.1 but regardless of what version I used of CCE, with or without Eclcce, as soon as hit OK to start encoding, error box pops up with "Problem encountered during VIDEO ENCODING process. Please check your settings and then retry" I then uninstalled and went back to 1.1.0 and all is well again. This time I used cce 2.50 with eclcce and got correct final file size as well. but still at 30 fps
Old 23rd August 2007, 07:50   #90  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparral View Post
Hi MrC, i tried to upgrade for your latest version of the program since one earlier version and now i just simply can't install it...
I'm running windows vista ultimate 32bits and i can't figure out what is going on...
This could be normal??

Please,look here... http://i16.tinypic.com/522ubyp.jpg

Thanks and many thanks for your great work
Try a full uninstall of previous versions and then install 1.1.0, or wait a little bit (end of week, I hope) and download 1.1.1 final

Quote:
Upgraded to the new 1.1.1 but regardless of what version I used of CCE, with or without Eclcce, as soon as hit OK to start encoding, error box pops up with "Problem encountered during VIDEO ENCODING process. Please check your settings and then retry" I then uninstalled and went back to 1.1.0 and all is well again. This time I used cce 2.50 with eclcce and got correct final file size as well. but still at 30 fps
Can you post or mail me the .log file? Let me check what's going on with CCE.

Guys, many thanks for your patience and support. Really appreciated.

Bye
________
Harley-Davidson FLHR

Old 23rd August 2007, 09:44   #91  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

New 1.1.1 beta build. Only exe file. Should fix CCE error.

Bye
________
Aprilia RXV450

Last edited by MrC; 25th January 2011 at 05:16.
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:48   #92  |  Link
chaparral

Quote:
Try a full uninstall of previous versions and then install 1.1.0, or wait a little bit (end of week, I hope) and download 1.1.1 final

Can you post or mail me the .log file? Let me check what's going on with CCE.

Guys, many thanks for your patience and support. Really appreciated.

Bye
Thanks MrC
chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 14:21   #93  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD release 1.1.1 is available.

Change log:
  • Some bugs fixed
  • Revised "Settings/Encoding" Window layout
  • Removed "Automatic" option in "AVS Source Filter"
  • Added VideoInterlacement in video stream info
  • Added "ConvertFPS()" option in "FPS Upsize Filter"
  • Added "ConvertToMono" function to AVS Script if source audio has 1 channel
  • Added "NoInstall" package without installer (7-Zip file)

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bye
________
og kush marijuana

Old 27th August 2007, 05:10   #94  |  Link
ChickenMan

Tried the link to 1.1.1 but all I get is

404 Error - Page Not Found from the SourceForge site.
Old 27th August 2007, 07:45   #95  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Tried the link to 1.1.1 but all I get is

404 Error - Page Not Found from the SourceForge site.
Fixed

Bye
________
volcano vaporizer reviews

Old 24th September 2007, 19:43   #96  |  Link
MysticE

Hi MrC,

Just like to say 1.1.1 seems to be working fine (almost). The DGPulldown, Matrix choices, and Interlace encoding are a nice touch.

I mostly use it for converting PAL music videos to 16:9 NTSC with HCenc on Best. One thing I would like to see implemented is the retention of my settings. I always use Muxed MPEG2 Streams, Video Avg Bitrate 6000, Max bitrate 7000, and Audio bitrate 256. (a very minor inconvenience).

One odd thing thing though, I finally tried it on an Xvid movie. All went well except at the very end. The length was listed in the log as 1:23:21 but in NeroShowtime it shows as 1:23:16 and it stops at 1:23:12 where it stayed (looking like it was paused). On my standalone it stops at 1:23:14. Hitting stop on my player then play (resume on) took me right back to 1:23:14. Haven't had a chance to try another.

From the log:

Video: E:\Files\XviD-SC.avi
Info: AVI (XviD) - 1017 kbps - 592x320 - 16:9 - 23.976 fps - PPF - 1:23:21 hours - 119913 frames
Audio: E:\\Files\XviD-SC.avi
Info: AVI (MPEG-1 Audio layer 3) - 131 kbps - VBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 1:23:21 hours

Regards,
ME
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 15:31   #97  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Nice to hear from you, MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticE View Post
One thing I would like to see implemented is the retention of my settings. I always use Muxed MPEG2 Streams, Video Avg Bitrate 6000, Max bitrate 7000, and Audio bitrate 256. (a very minor inconvenience).
Good idea, I will implement it in release 1.1.3. I am going to publish release 1.1.2 within few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticE View Post
One odd thing thing though, I finally tried it on an Xvid movie. All went well except at the very end. The length was listed in the log as 1:23:21 but in NeroShowtime it shows as 1:23:16 and it stops at 1:23:12 where it stayed (looking like it was paused). On my standalone it stops at 1:23:14. Hitting stop on my player then play (resume on) took me right back to 1:23:14. Haven't had a chance to try another.
If you have time, demux video and audio from the DVD you created and feed these 2 demuxed files to AVStoDVD (or directly to MediaInfo GUI or to GSpot). Write down the time length of both of them. Are they equal or different?

Bye
________
Honda VFR750F

Last edited by MrC; 25th January 2011 at 05:17.
Old 25th September 2007, 21:34   #98  |  Link
MR Nice

Can you make your own root menu and also add your own background image? What is this program like for converting nstc 29.97fps to pal 25fps?
MR Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 21:43   #99  |  Link
MR Nice

Q? Can this program convert a batch of avi files?
MR Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 10:38   #100  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
.... If you have time, demux video and audio from the DVD you created and feed these 2 demuxed files to AVStoDVD (or directly to MediaInfo GUI or to GSpot). Write down the time length of both of them. Are they equal or different?

Bye
Regarding the end freeze I tried one with AVI2DVD which also uses DVDAuthor with the same result. I opened them in PgcEdit and noted that the Cell Still time of the last chapter was 255, changing it to zero fixed things, allowing my player to now shut off after I fall asleep.

I also got this when first opening them:
Attached Images

MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote