Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2013, 11:13   #1541  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Have you tried triple quotes: JDL_ApplyRangeOld(6428, 6466, """QTGMC(Preset="placebo").selecteven()""") ?
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:43   #1542  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You cannot embed a string with "single double-quotes" in a string with "single double-quotes"; to circumvent this limitation, there are also strings with """triple double-quotes""".

JDL_ApplyRangeOld(6428, 6466, """QTGMC(Preset="placebo").selecteven()""")
__

Apart from that: A preset named "placebo" uses this name for a specific purpose ... to make you feel bad using it, because it is rather a waste of time than "the optimum".

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 3rd June 2013 at 11:46.
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:19   #1543  |  Link
pila13

that one current moment, need placebo. this is hwy i don't want use it on a whole title, rest i will sue with medium.

thank you for help !

I tyr "" "", but didn't thoguht about """ """. (*´ー`*)
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:45   #1544  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Everything is documented, in the internet as well as in your local installation.

New German Gleitz board
Old 8th June 2013, 08:27   #1545  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

I want to convert 1080i50 to 1080p25. Is there a way to have no noise reduction thus making it possible for me to use SMDegrain later?
Old 10th June 2013, 16:07   #1546  |  Link
fvisagie

I haven't used this mode, but your best bet is probably the "Noise Bypass / Denoising" section in the documentation. The following seems to be key for your objective:
Quote:
Important: You must use a non-zero value in one of EZDenoise, EZKeepGrain or NoiseProcess or no noise processing will occur
Cheers,
Francois
Old 11th June 2013, 22:27   #1547  |  Link
aldix

set tr1 and tr2 to 0
Old 25th June 2013, 14:19   #1548  |  Link
Trademark

The original post seriously needs example scripts so it can help newer people like me..

I'm trying to use QTGMC with AVSProxy for AVIDemux. I took all the right steps to install my plugins for the deinterlacer, but I'm stuck on the scripting part of it, what am I doing wrong?

AviSource(C:\Users\Owen\Desktop\deinterlacetest.avi)
QTGMC(Preset="slower")
Old 25th June 2013, 14:29   #1549  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

The name of the AVI file is a string literal and belongs between double quotes.

I would assume that the error message would have given a hint.

New German Gleitz board
Old 25th June 2013, 19:36   #1550  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
The original post seriously needs example scripts so it can help newer people like me.
No it doesn't, as your problem has nothing to do with QTGMC. This filter is among the best documented of all AviSynth filters and there are examples galore in the included doc. As LigH wondered, didn't you get an error message? Next time open a script in VDub to test and it'll tell you something helpful if there's something wrong with the script.

Anyway, as LigH also suggested, add quotation marks:

AviSource("C:\Users\Owen\Desktop\deinterlacetest.avi")
QTGMC(Preset="slower")

And maybe it's OK, but I never do anything at all from the desktop.
Old 25th June 2013, 21:44   #1551  |  Link
Trademark

I never said my problem had anything to do with QTGMC? I've been around the block before with using temgaussmc, and I got an error to the point of 'unexpected something something'' which I knew meant something was wrong with my script. I don't think I ever said anything was wrong with the QTGMC filter. Anyways, the quotations around my file address worked! Thanks LigH.

The original post and provided documentation with the file gave no real examples of how to set the first line, I was literally left looking for half an hour before I wound up asking. I was lucky enough even to remember that I had to write the whole path, because I remember talking with an avidemux admin about it long ago.

The result seems to have worked, but now I get a flickering artifact on the encoded video. One of the very first frames of the video is constantly flickered against the video itself. I can't seem to find a solution or workaround in the documentation either.

I don't use vdub to write scripts, I just notepad documents in which I give an .avs to their names.

Last edited by Trademark; 25th June 2013 at 21:46.
Old 25th June 2013, 22:33   #1552  |  Link
manono

Quote:
I never said my problem had anything to do with QTGMC?
Yes you did. You implied QTGMC was at fault when it wasn't. Your problem was writing the AviSource line correctly, something very basic to AviSynth and nothing to do with QTGMC.
Quote:
Quote:
The original post seriously needs example scripts so it can help newer people like me.
And therefore the original post needs nothing of the sort. And as I said, the included doc is full of good examples. But none of those examples show the line needed to open the video in the first place as it's assumed you would have learned that by now.
Quote:
The original post and provided documentation with the file gave no real examples of how to set the first line.
And there's no reason in the world it should as it's about using the filter and not about opening a video. That kind of basic information is found on the AviSynth website on pages such as this one:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/First_script

Quote:
...and I got an error to the point of 'unexpected something something''...
And it pointed to the AviSource line in the script, and not the QTGMC line?
Quote:
I don't use vdub to write scripts, I just notepad documents in which I give an .avs to their names.
So do most people, including me. I mentioned VDub as a way to test out your script, not to write it.

Quote:
...but now I get a flickering artifact on the encoded video.
Please make available a sample from the source, before the QTGMC step. Ten seconds with steady movement will be plenty, a section you think gets 'flickery' after the use of QTGMC.
Old 26th June 2013, 07:43   #1553  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

For more convenience than Notepad, there is also the old VirtualDubMod with integrated AVS editor (Ctrl+E), or the more modern AvsPmod suite.

Still ... "RTFM", know the basics before advancing.

New German Gleitz board
Old 26th June 2013, 13:09   #1554  |  Link
Trademark

Actually it seems as though avidemux is causing issues with the AVI files I created from the TS files to use with avisynth in the first place-- the audio and video do weird things.

I'll relearn how to load up TS files through directshow. This issue has nothing to do with QTGMC so I'll ask it elsewhere.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:38   #1555  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Does anyone know why, when I try to QTGMC a clip with audio (provided by nicac3source) I get this error:

Quote:
Avisynth open failure
Cache: Filter returned invalid response to
CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE.93484280
But if I leave out the audio, there's no problem. Is this by design, i.e., QTGMC is just not meant to be run on clips with audio?

David
Old 1st July 2013, 23:11   #1556  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

It means you are using a plugin compiled as API version 5 but it is not a full API version 5 plugin.

Typically a 2.6 plugin compiled with an old or modified avisynth.h

If you use early release 2.6 plugins you must make sure they are compatible with the build of Avisynth 2.6 you are using.
Old 1st July 2013, 23:37   #1557  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Ah, thanks!

David
Old 11th July 2013, 14:32   #1558  |  Link
Trademark

Ok, I have gotten my .ts files loaded thanks to other members of the forum. Now then, it seems as though I'm in need of some additional filters on my script with qtgmc, or perhaps might need something entirely else to get maximum quality out of the type of video I'm processing. Below are 4 pictures, each of yadif and qtgmc preset slower.

qtgmc 1
yadif 1

qtgmc 2
yadif 2

qtgmc 3
yadif 3

qtgmc 4
yadif 4

With only 'qtgmc(preset=slower), I notice more ghosting/ringing effects on qtgmc compared to yadif, and some of the jaggies around diagonal edges aren't as smoothed as I would liked them to have been. Basically it's not quite the jump in quality I'm looking for.

Also, I've tried searching the thread for 'slow motion' but couldn't find any answers as to why qtgmc slows the resulted video down, even though I made it output in the same 30fps as my previous files.

Any thanks would be appreciated.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:38   #1559  |  Link
manono

Quote:
couldn't find any answers as to why qtgmc slows the resulted video down, even though I made it output in the same 30fps as my previous files.
That's probably due to the way you made it output in the same 30fps as my previous files. QTGMC is a bobber. It will natively give you back twice the number of frames at twice the framerate (60fps in your case). If you simply add in 'AssumeFPS(30)' to your script, then of course it slows it down. If you add in ConvertFPS(30), then you get that blended crap you're blaming on QTGMC. If you add in 'SelectEven()' instead, then it halves the frame count and you get back your 30fps at the original speed. And no blending.

Anyway, as already requested, please post a short sample. And also your full script.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:44   #1560  |  Link
Trademark

http://www.mediafire.com/?ixpab7ksiz33ukn

Here is a 1 minute sample of the video still interlaced. I had to re-encode it using x264 again with avidemux to get it under 200mb. Original .ts was using h264 as well.

Here is my script:

LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Owen\Desktop\test1.TS")
QTGMC(Preset="slower")
SelectEven()
Closed Thread