Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 18th December 2009, 16:37   #721  |  Link

Version 2.0.0 beta 7

* Use the extension "dgi" for all index files. This should simplify batch file and CLI operations.

* Restored Info Log functionality during Save Project.

* Fixed a bug in audio type handling.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 16:49   #722  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
* Use the extension "dgi" for all index files. This should simplify batch file and CLI operations.
Thank you very much! I just saw it right in time

Btw I have two feature requests (give somebody an inch, and he will take a mile...):
- CUVIDServer as a service (for RDP environments)
- add the ability to specify which audio files should be demuxed during batch file or CLI operations and add delay and language to the file name

Last edited by Zathor; 18th December 2009 at 17:00.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 17:10   #723  |  Link
GZZ

- CUVIDServer as a service (for RDP environments) <-- Use DGMultiDecodeNV.dll, then you dont need CUVIDServer.....
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 17:20   #724  |  Link
GearX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
- CUVIDServer as a service (for RDP environments) <-- Use DGMultiDecodeNV.dll, then you dont need CUVIDServer.....
...but you can't use MeGUI.
GearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 18:06   #725  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearX View Post
...but you can't use MeGUI.
It works for me with a minor patch but the same patch fails for Zathor, so we are currently at an impasse for supporting DGMultiDecode in Megui.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:36   #726  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
DGMultiDecode.dll fails in an RDP environment. Only CUVIDServer is possible if started before login in with RDP. A service would be much easier because it should/could be possible to bound this service to the nvidia driver or at least have the benefit that the service is started automatically during the Windows startup and no user has to logon before the RDP session.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:03   #727  |  Link

I don't plan to make it a service.
Old 18th December 2009, 21:57   #728  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
DGMultiDecode.dll fails in an RDP environment. Only CUVIDServer is possible if started before login in with RDP. A service would be much easier because it should/could be possible to bound this service to the nvidia driver or at least have the benefit that the service is started automatically during the Windows startup and no user has to logon before the RDP session.

Use the INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE tools from the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit if you want to run it as a service. I haven't tested that, so I don't know if it will work, but it should.

You will probably have to run the service as Local System or as an account with administrator privileges. I have no idea if this will work on Vista or Win 7 due to UAC.
Old 18th December 2009, 22:44   #729  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
I don't plan to make it a service.
Thanks for the clarification. Hope dies last

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
Use the INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE tools from the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit if you want to run it as a service. I haven't tested that, so I don't know if it will work, but it should.

You will probably have to run the service as Local System or as an account with administrator privileges. I have no idea if this will work on Vista or Win 7 due to UAC.
I used only "sc create CUVIDService binpath= [path]CUVIDServer.exe depend= nvsvc" but this did not work. The service has been created but it could not be started (CUVIDServer not responding to the start command).
Old 18th December 2009, 22:51   #730  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:

* Restored Info Log functionality during Save Project.

* Fixed a bug in audio type handling.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html
I've only done one short test clip with this so far, but the .dgi creation is either wickedly faster, or just seems so given I don't see any pauses in the Info display anymore!

Thanks for this, consolidating to .dgi files is enabling me to clean-up my scripts!

laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 23:05   #731  |  Link

I did some optimizing to the Info Dialog updating, which may explain a performance difference. It's certainly not the choice of extension as DGI that is responsible.
Old 18th December 2009, 23:25   #732  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
I used only "sc create CUVIDService binpath= [path]CUVIDServer.exe depend= nvsvc" but this did not work. The service has been created but it could not be started (CUVIDServer not responding to the start command).

You can't do it that way. The SC command presupposes that the executable you give it has appropriate API calls to support the operating system service controller, which CUVIDServer.exe does not.

SRVANY.EXE is a service shell wrapper that implements the proper service API calls for the OS, allowing any executable to be run as a service.
Old 19th December 2009, 00:02   #733  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
SRVANY.EXE is a service shell wrapper that implements the proper service API calls for the OS, allowing any executable to be run as a service.
Thanks for the hint! I will try it and report back. But this may take some time...
Old 19th December 2009, 04:30   #734  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
No, DGIndex implements the field operation for the displayed video. I don't want to have to write and maintain all that in DGIndexNV when you can just serve the video. So, to be consistent, I won't show anything related to the field operation setting.
Oh I didn't realize the displayed video had pulldown removed, makes more sense now.

Quote:
I'm sure you can get used to checking what field operation you have selected before saving a project.
Just have to get into the habit.

Quote:
You also have to change the FO line.
Thanks and also for the single extension and fixing the 'focused window slowdown'

Last edited by turbojet; 19th December 2009 at 04:46.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 09:49   #735  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
I know, thats why I changed to use www.logmein.com (free) it seems to work better and faster then RDP.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:24   #736  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
I know, thats why I changed to use www.logmein.com (free) it seems to work better and faster then RDP.
I may be getting to a different website as it doesnt say its free... it's just a free trial..
Old 19th December 2009, 17:33   #737  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Thanks for the hint! I will try it and report back. But this may take some time...
I tried it with the srvany.exe. The process CUVIDServer.exe appears now in the task manager but it cannot be accessed: "DGSource: CUVIDServer not running". The process has been started with the local system account and also with my account. SO I think the idea with the service is dead.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:44   #738  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I may be getting to a different website as it doesnt say its free... it's just a free trial..
https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/free/

use that one, it 100% free. I has some limits like you cant transfer files to and from your remote desktop, but it works 100% like RDP.

Last edited by GZZ; 21st December 2009 at 13:03.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:41   #739  |  Link
deets

oh there is beta 7, title still says 6
deets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 20:32   #740  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
I tried it with the srvany.exe. The process CUVIDServer.exe appears now in the task manager but it cannot be accessed: "DGSource: CUVIDServer not running". The process has been started with the local system account and also with my account. SO I think the idea with the service is dead.
I was afraid of that.

You might try this: Set it up to use the Local System account, but in the service properties also check the box that says "Allow service to interact with the desktop". See if that does anything.