Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th December 2012, 19:21   #1  |  Link
jamesj84

Ripbot audio delay & screen size help

Hi,

I have a film i am struggling to encode with ripbot successfully.
I have encoded the film to mkv with handbreak and it works great but with handbreak I do not have the profile settings or presets i like to use with Ripbot264

I like ripbot as I can choose my AVC settings, profile and X264 preset.

The film in question if i use handbreak if i select to auto crop but KEEP the aspect ratio the same which is 720 x 576 I get a film of size 720 x 426 which is the cropping i presume but film looks and sounds good but why 720 x 426 and not kept same aspect as i asked 720 x 576??

The same film in Ripbot i choose to autocrop but keep the same aspect the final film comes out at 720 x 576 which is good but the actual film I get sound delays. Even if it detects that there is a -49s delay and tries to fix this. Is there soemthing i have to do to counter act this.

As for the screen size issue 720 x 426
or 720 x 576 which would be doing this correctly or are they both. They both view on my computer correctly.

Anyone able to help a hand
jamesj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 21:50   #2  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

handbreak automatically removes black borders.

ripbot automatically adds black borders if you select 720x576 ( due to compatibility with avchd)

if you don't need extra borders then use custom resize option with locked aspect ratio.

regarding audio delay. did you try to manually adjust audio delay in ripbot. you can easly verify audio sync by preview script.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 12th December 2012 at 21:53.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 22:47   #3  |  Link
jamesj84

SO is this why the handbrake copy would be a size of 720 x 424 as its chopped the black off.

With your Ripbot I have asked it to autocrop and underneath with the size setting I have left it at 'Do not resisze'

I havent manually adjusted the audio. I shall give it ago
Old 12th December 2012, 23:24   #4  |  Link
jamesj84

The auto adjust for audio is greyed out and set at -49s and when i preview I do not get any sound output.