Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 13th July 2004, 08:51   #1  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

resize error w/120704

i just wanted to test the new xvid bugfix but i ran into this. a script been working fine up to v170604 dropped an 'unrecognized exeption' in vdm at lanczosresize(528,288).
however, i don't think it relates strictly to lanczos as when i remarked the preceeding crop() everything went fine. the strangest thing is that when i put crop() back i got no exception anymore. i was able to encode the 1st pass but on starting the 2nd the same error popped in. making that 'flipping' 'solved' the problem again.
when opened the script in mpc it said 'resize: internal error, zero coeff total.' it seems as if lanczos did not accept non-mod32 width anymore at start-up. when width was changed to 512 or 544 no error occured but other values gave it (i tried all mod8 value inbetween)

can anyone explain it ?

thx
y

ps i use this script (w/the same source) for testing encoders almost a year so i'm sure this error is specific for v120704.
yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 10:20   #2  |  Link
Wilbert

Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 10:58   #3  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

@wilbert
just for your pleasure :-)
Quote:
loadplugin(" ... dgdecode.dll")
mpeg2source(" ... .d2v")
fluxsmooth(4,-1)
crop(12,12,-12,-12,align=true)
lanczosresize(528,288)
that's all.
as i wrote, i'm sure it's not a script specific problem. lanczos triggers 'zero coeff total.' if width is non-mod32. (i tried all mod4 width between 512-544 in the meantime)
of course 512 would do it but that way i cannot compare the clip to the previous ones (made with this script !)
the bests
y
[EDIT]as i see in the main thread, others have also found this problem. sorry to start a separate thread. if possible, pls, join/move me there.
Old 21st July 2004, 03:38   #4  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Re: resize error w/120704

Quote:
Originally posted by yaz
... so i'm sure this error is specific for v120704.
Try AviSynth_140704.exe (Build:Jul 15 2004 [16:39:25])

For a fast test swipe the timeline back and forth,
v120704 crashs between 4th and 20th swipe, I can't crash v140704.

IanB
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2004, 11:18   #5  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

@ianb
if u ment by 'swipe the timeline back and forth' jumping forth and back in the clip, i tried that (sorry, but english is not my native language). no crash even after 50 jumps. strange. anyway, i don't want to do jumping but encoding :-)) ... and encoding is still crashing :-( if i have time tonight i'll try what sh0dan suggested in the main thread; trying wout resizing (& maybe dropping the filters in the chain 1by1 ).

imho, it'd be better to direct any findings into the main thread so i humbly suggest to close this thread (if mods find that ok :-)

thx
y