Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th January 2008, 17:10   #1001  |  Link
Luvpeaceguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpeaceguru View Post
I am seeing very strange behaviour on this disk. Having ripped with AnyDVDHD, I get the error in the attached file when I go for any of the key 3x 8.5GB m2ts files:
And I'm getting exactly the same on Hotel Babylon Disk 2.

Anyone have any ideas???

Last edited by Luvpeaceguru; 11th March 2008 at 19:36.
Luvpeaceguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 02:42   #1002  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
getting divide by zero error when converting any ts or m2ts file to bd structure. Anyone else getting this? happens with ver. .18 and .19.
Ok found the issue: was the source mkv elementary streams had no pps. after running them through h264info with pps enabled for every picture then muxing them into a m2ts with tsmuxer the files processed fine with tsremux and gave me a correct BD Structure.

Last edited by jamos; 31st January 2008 at 02:47.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 02:44   #1003  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpeaceguru View Post
And I'm getting exactly the same on Hotel Babylon Disk 2.

Anyone have any ideas???
anydvd has been known to corrupt m2ts files I think the latest versions fixes the issues. there is a m2ts fix program out there but do not know the name.
Old 31st January 2008, 21:50   #1004  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

GUIDE: TSRemux to Blu-Ray with subtitles

This was posted over at www.abhdtv.net by Pate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pate(abhdtv.net)
Hello!

I promised to write a simple guide how to hex-edit the files that result from running TSRemux and outputting to Blu-Ray format so that you get subtitles to show.

I have only tested the result with PowerDVD and with a single subtitle track, so YMMV when using a stand-alone player and/or several subtitle tracks. This should work as a starting point for experimenting, though.

You will need a hex editor, I use "HHD Software Free Hex Editor" (typing that to Google should get you the right place if you don't yet have a hex editor). This free editor can only handle very small files, but luckily that's all you need for this operation.

Step 1: Run TSRemux, and select the video stream, audio stream you wish to keep, and the subtitle stream you wish to keep. Set output to Blu-Ray, and let TSRemux do it's magic.

Step 2: Go to the BDMV\PLAYLIST directory, there should be a file called 00000.mpls. Open this with a hex editor, and you should see something like the following (without the yellow highlighted boxes.

Step 3: Replace the HEX values 00 90 with 12 00 on a row that shows a language code. This is the PID value of the subtitle track, which TSRemux erroneously leaves at 0090 when it should be 1200.

Step 4: Replace the HEX value 91 (stream type "Interactive Graphics") with 90 (stream type "Presentation Graphics") for this subtitle stream. The following 3 characters after the stream type is the language code of the subtitle, change this to the actual subtitle language if necessary.

My theory is the the author of TSRemux left a small bug in the code, when the code should replace the stream type 91 with 90, it erroneously overwrites the PID 1200 with 0090.

After this the subtitles should in fact work in PowerDVD, however, if the language code does not match the language code in BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi, PowerDVD will show the subtitle language as "Undefined".

Step 5: Thus, hex-edit the BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi file as well, changing the language on the row that shows 12 00 (PID) and 90 (stream type) to be the same as in the playlist.

Step 6: All done, enjoy your remuxed Blu-Ray with subtitles!

Pate

Last edited by B4tm4n; 31st January 2008 at 21:56.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 23:29   #1005  |  Link
tymoxa

Here is a 2 BDMV folders (without *.m2ts) that was generated by scenarist and tsremux.
I've made a small h264 clip with 2 ac3 tracks and authored them in scenarist. The result is perfectly play by PowerDVD 7.3.3304. Then i remux *.m2ts in TSremux keeping all streams. In result - video play without sound (in playlist according to Bdedit was left only 1 audio track, but in clipinf - there is 2).
Maybe someone knows what tsremux doing wrong?
Or, maybe author look at these BDMV?

Last edited by tymoxa; 31st January 2008 at 23:34.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 02:30   #1006  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
Here is a 2 BDMV folders (without *.m2ts) that was generated by scenarist and tsremux.
I've made a small h264 clip with 2 ac3 tracks and authored them in scenarist. The result is perfectly play by PowerDVD 7.3.3304. Then i remux *.m2ts in TSremux keeping all streams. In result - video play without sound (in playlist according to Bdedit was left only 1 audio track, but in clipinf - there is 2).
Maybe someone knows what tsremux doing wrong?
Or, maybe author look at these BDMV?
I always have to uncheck the bypass audio alignment to get the audio to work using TSRemux to output to bluray.
Old 1st February 2008, 02:35   #1007  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
This was posted over at www.abhdtv.net by Pate.
nice find! hopefully TSremux will fix this!
Old 1st February 2008, 22:11   #1008  |  Link
tymoxa

jamos
yep, that helps... but again, only 1 audio track after remux in blu-ray (according to playlist file and BD-P1400) and 2 audio tracks in reality (in *.m2ts file i mean).
with same test clip, but made in scenarist (h264+2*ac3) and burned on DVD+RW (i.e. AVCHD), i've got playback with 2 audio tracks and bd-p1400 lets me select audio track what i want to hear.

Last edited by tymoxa; 1st February 2008 at 22:28.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 06:52   #1009  |  Link
chiefj1254

I constantly get a green bar across the bottom of my videos when outputting to blu-ray structure and burning AVCHD for PS3. From the feedback I've read so far, it's because my source mkvs are non-standard video formats. Is there any way to add a feature in a future version to "pad" the video with black on top and bottom when converting to blu-ray so the video format appears as standard? This would solve a lot of people's problems, I imagine.

Either way, great tool and thanks for what you've given us so far!
chiefj1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 13:09   #1010  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefj1254 View Post
I constantly get a green bar across the bottom of my videos when outputting to blu-ray structure and burning AVCHD for PS3. From the feedback I've read so far, it's because my source mkvs are non-standard video formats. Is there any way to add a feature in a future version to "pad" the video with black on top and bottom when converting to blu-ray so the video format appears as standard? This would solve a lot of people's problems, I imagine.

Either way, great tool and thanks for what you've given us so far!
This is caused by the removal of the balck borders prior to re-encoding the movie.

You need to put the movie back to a standard resolution, and add the black borders to keep the aspect ratio. You can do this with avisynth.

I. ex: your file is 1280x588, you need to set it back to 1280x720:

aviSource("C:\yourfile.avi", audio=true)
Lanczos4Resize(1280,720).addborders(0,66,0,66)

Save this script with a .avs extention and use it as source in your encoding app (yes you need to encode the file again).
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 00:18   #1011  |  Link
chewdogg10

I have a Panny BD30K that will play all my discs authored with ULead, CyberLink, and Roxio, but the files are transcoded and lose quite a bit of quality. I tried writing the Blu Ray structure from tsReMuxer, but it won't play. Does anyone know how to get tsReMuxer BD structure to play in a set-top?
chewdogg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 03:46   #1012  |  Link
chewdogg10

Do I need to use BDEdit in order to get the Blu Ray Structure output from tsRemuxer to work? When I throw it in the set-top, it says BD on the display, changes to PLAY and then sits on 00:00 and sits at a black screen with "Reading..." on the screen.

Thanks for any help!
Chew
chewdogg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 15:29   #1013  |  Link
dmz01

I will fix the bug that Pate discovered and explained above in the next version of TsRemux.

Thanks!
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 16:23   #1014  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
jamos
yep, that helps... but again, only 1 audio track after remux in blu-ray (according to playlist file and BD-P1400) and 2 audio tracks in reality (in *.m2ts file i mean).
with same test clip, but made in scenarist (h264+2*ac3) and burned on DVD+RW (i.e. AVCHD), i've got playback with 2 audio tracks and bd-p1400 lets me select audio track what i want to hear.

what settings do you use to get the h264 extracted from a mkv file to work in scenarist, I am assuming your reencoding it with x264? I have had issues getting the file to load in the data part of HDMV with just setting the avc lvl to 4.1 with h264info. it creates the mui ok.

Last edited by jamos; 5th February 2008 at 16:27.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:24   #1015  |  Link
dirkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
I will fix the bug that Pate discovered and explained above in the next version of TsRemux.

Thanks!

Please fix evo bug from version 19 too and implement dts-hd downconvert to dts!!

A HUGE THANK YOU!
dirkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 16:25   #1016  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:

Thanks!
Looking forward to it thanks man!
Old 5th February 2008, 16:32   #1017  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:

Thanks!
Great!!

It would be perfect if you fix the multiaudio track one

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 5th February 2008 at 18:03.
XolocoTuxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 21:41   #1018  |  Link
Ranguvar

Any hope for VC-1 demuxing? Doesn't work with current version, at least for me.

Thanks
Ranguvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 01:30   #1019  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
Any hope for VC-1 demuxing? Doesn't work with current version, at least for me.

Thanks
Use eac3to or graphedt with the Dump filter.
Old 6th February 2008, 01:44   #1020  |  Link
Ranguvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbo View Post
Use eac3to or graphedt with the Dump filter.
No, I need to actually demultiplex the VC-1 video out, not dump, which results in uncompressed video.
Ranguvar is offline   Reply With Quote