Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 22nd October 2019, 00:42   #2541  |  Link
Groucho2004
►◄

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfilipak View Post
I have pretty thick skin. But the greeting here is chilly. In my case, I could become a developer, but ...such an unfriendly reception... It's discouraging and indicates that users are not welcome (which is a bad indicator of overall success for the application).
I went through every single of your 22 posts and could not find anything but helpful replies to them even though some of your posts indicate that you'd rather be spoon-fed information than do a bit of googling.

This is a forum for information exchange, don't expect users to blow candy up your bunghole.
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:00   #2542  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
In my case, I could become a developer
AhHa!,
So you think that we should have a forum for newbies that might or might not, at some future point in time, become developers. [interesting point of view].

And, no offence intended, but it dont really matter whether you may/may not at some unspecified point in future time be a developer, if you are asking newbie
questions in developer forum, you should be thankful for any kind of non abusive response at all.

Likewise, developer questions in Newbie Forum would be out of place.

EDIT: @ G2K4, obviously I do not count myself in my meandering about the other gifted/less gifted users of the forum [I am of course and as you would expect, be above all of that],
but I see that you readily accept and know your own position in the scheme of things. If one knows ones limits, one is rarely disappointed with ones achievements, and there lies your
future happiness or at least acceptance of what is, and what is not.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 22nd October 2019 at 01:23.
StainlessS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 02:12   #2543  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
I have pretty thick skin. But the greeting here is chilly. In my case, I could become a developer, but ...such an unfriendly reception... It's discouraging and indicates that users are not welcome (which is a bad indicator of overall success for the application).
There were some budget cutbacks and the cheer department got axed. (So no welcome wagons this year.)

This is all you get on such short notice
https://postimg.cc/8J7KpncS

In the past, you probably would have been "put on vacation" (suspended) for such multiple infractions, for not following the rules . For 1, 1a, 2, plus a few others. Seriously .
https://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:29   #2544  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
I could become a developer, but ...such an unfriendly reception...
For sure! I tried to become a developer here too. But the admin decided to murder me. Now I am a happy nobody, and you are the next victim. Good luck!
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote