Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th March 2019, 22:30   #161  |  Link
ocean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpareja View Post
I have some 4K UHD HDR movies with a mkv format and I want to create a blu-ray structure for each one using TSMUXER.
I AM NOT planning to burn them and use a standalone player, but I am thinking of playing the blu-ray folder structure movie using PowerDVD on my 4K laptop and connect it to my A/V Receiver with an 4K HDMI cable to watch them.

Hi rpareja, I do not know the specifications of your laptop, but PowerDVD requires certain features to read Blu-Ray structure 4K HDR, SGX feature etc..:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/pr...Id=-1&keyword=
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 23:49   #162  |  Link
rpareja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Hi rpareja, I do not know the specifications of your laptop, but PowerDVD requires certain features to read Blu-Ray structure 4K HDR, SGX feature etc..:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/pr...Id=-1&keyword=
Thanks Ocean,

There is no problem at all with PowerDVD, because the laptop is an i9 8th Generation Dell with 4k Display and full 4K blu-ray structures are being played fine.

I am just worried about the directory structure generated by TSMUXER.
- Should I run TSM2UDH after processing the mkv file and create the blu-ray structure?
- Or if not planning to burn the results from TSMUXER to a physical disc, I should not worry about running this utility?

Thanks!
rpareja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 00:55   #163  |  Link
ocean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpareja View Post
- Should I run TSM2UDH after processing the mkv file and create the blu-ray structure?
- Or if not planning to burn the results from TSMUXER to a physical disc, I should not worry about running this utility?
Yes, you need to run TSM2UDH after processing the mkv file, and creating the blu-ray structure, read first post of jdobbs:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 06:09   #164  |  Link
rpareja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Thanks again Ocean.

I was trying to be clear about this program and my doubts were precisely because of the comment on the first post (the bold part):

"The purpose of this software is to examine the output of TSMUXER v 2.6.12 and make changes that are required in order to make that structure readable and compatible with a standard UHD-BD standalone player."

I thought that a standalone player was considered to be a physical 4K blu-ray player and that if I never plan to use one, maybe there was no need to run this software.
I don't know if software like PowerDVD, VLC Player, etc. are also considered to be standalone players.

Again,

Last edited by rpareja; 9th March 2019 at 19:29.
rpareja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 00:38   #165  |  Link
ocean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpareja View Post
"The purpose of this software is to examine the output of TSMUXER v 2.6.12 and make changes that are required in order to make that structure readable and compatible with a standard UHD-BD standalone player."
Yes, but then if you always read from the first post:
"When TSMUXER v2.6.12 was created there was still much that hadn't been decided in the UHD-BD standard".
This applies to both physical Blu-Ray and folder structure, it is necessary to always use after TSM2UHD, to be compatible with UHD-BD specifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpareja View Post
I don't know if software like PowerDVD, VLC Player, etc. are also considered to be standalone players.
PowerDVD is the only certified to read Blu-Ray UHD on pc, but there are other software for pc, dvdfab player, MPC-BE also paired with madVR, etc.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 02:42   #166  |  Link
rpareja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Yes, but then if you always read from the first post:
"When TSMUXER v2.6.12 was created there was still much that hadn't been decided in the UHD-BD standard".
This applies to both physical Blu-Ray and folder structure, it is necessary to always use after TSM2UHD, to be compatible with UHD-BD specifications.


I missed that extremely important part!!!
Now I understand the concept better, thank you very much OCEAN!!

Last edited by rpareja; 10th March 2019 at 21:47.
rpareja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 04:20   #167  |  Link
spexman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Thread has been quiet for a long time....any progress on a new version to deal with the stutter issues? Thank you!
spexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 22:14   #168  |  Link
Yordan5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexman View Post
Thread has been quiet for a long time....any progress on a new version to deal with the stutter issues? Thank you!
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...78#post1880778
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 22:15   #169  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexman View Post
Thread has been quiet for a long time....any progress on a new version to deal with the stutter issues? Thank you!
I'll take a look at transporting the code I wrote for BD Rebuilder into TSM2UHD.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 03:29   #170  |  Link
spexman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Thank you very much jdobbs...if you could do that and provide me with that new version of TSM2UHD, I will get on experimenting with it and report back, generally, and especially in terms of the sync issues.....much appreciated!
spexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 22:33   #171  |  Link
spexman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
I have been following the BD-RB thread and appreciate all the work you are doing to perfect it....any chance you could post the TSM2UHD current portion? Many thanks!
spexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 23:18   #172  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexman View Post
I have been following the BD-RB thread and appreciate all the work you are doing to perfect it....any chance you could post the TSM2UHD current portion? Many thanks!
Once I get it working reliably in BD Rebuilder, I'll transport the new code to TSM2UHD.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2019, 13:34   #173  |  Link
spexman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Fantastic, thank you very much!
spexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2019, 11:55   #174  |  Link
tebasuna51
Moderator
 
tebasuna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,640
@jdobbs

I'm never interested in rebuild DVD's, and is the first time I see this subforum because a link in (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring subforum.

I see here threads like: TSM2UHD Discussion..., BD Rebuilder... and others related with Blu-ray authoring and tsMuxeR than surprise me.
Maybe we can change the name of this subforum to DVD & BD Rebuilder
__________________
BeHappy, AviSynth audio transcoder, in Doom9 forums. NicAudio, BassAudio, audio decoders.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2019, 18:30   #175  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
@jdobbs

I'm never interested in rebuild DVD's, and is the first time I see this subforum because a link in (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring subforum.

I see here threads like: TSM2UHD Discussion..., BD Rebuilder... and others related with Blu-ray authoring and tsMuxeR than surprise me.
Maybe we can change the name of this subforum to DVD & BD Rebuilder
That works for me... but I'm not even sure how to change the title.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2019, 21:01   #176  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,298
You're the boss of this section, log into the forum admin side (if you can), or ask your boss to do it for you :-P

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2019, 23:35   #177  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Hell... I don't even know who the boss is... I'm just a moderator because Doom9 asked me. So I (semi) moderate.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th October 2019 at 23:38.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 03:03   #178  |  Link
tebasuna51
Moderator
 
tebasuna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That works for me... but I'm not even sure how to change the title.
Maybe we need a Admin. Asked in Moderator Chat.
__________________
BeHappy, AviSynth audio transcoder, in Doom9 forums. NicAudio, BassAudio, audio decoders.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 10:29   #179  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life looks better in UHD
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Notts, UK
Posts: 11,452
It's probably time to refresh the names of 'all' the forums sub-sections
__________________
| I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout & A/V Gear |
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:50   #180  |  Link
tebasuna51
Moderator
 
tebasuna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,640
Swede change the title, many thanks.
__________________
BeHappy, AviSynth audio transcoder, in Doom9 forums. NicAudio, BassAudio, audio decoders.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.