Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 6th October 2007, 15:34   #61  |  Link
sunbeam

Hi neuron2,

no way for me to open a mpeg file at all in these 3 last releases. No one else with this problem on w2k around ?
Very small sample as attachment, no space available these days. Excuse me for that.

Greetings,
sunbeam

A way becomes a way by going

Last edited by sunbeam; 9th October 2007 at 14:45. Reason: Attachment deleted because problem solved in 1.5.0b5
Old 6th October 2007, 20:33   #62  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

It would probably be best if you uploaded it to an external site like maxupload, yousendit, rapidshare, etc. Chances are you will get help faster, as the attachment has to be approved first before anyone can look at it.

first of all, what kind of "mpeg file" is it? Are we talking .vob, .mpg, .ts, etc.?

second, what error are you getting? what happens when you try to load a mpeg file into dgindex? can you seek correctly in the window?
Old 6th October 2007, 22:09   #63  |  Link
sunbeam

@Merlin7777:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
first of all, what kind of "mpeg file" is it? Are we talking .vob, .mpg, .ts, etc.?
vob, m2v, m2p, mpg, all mpeg files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
second, what error are you getting? what happens when you try to load a mpeg file into dgindex? can you seek correctly in the window?
The error is, that they do not show up in the File List anymore.
I can see all of them, load them and then they do not appear in the file list as mentioned in post #59

Old 6th October 2007, 23:08   #64  |  Link

Works fine for me with your test file. I have WinXP. I'll try with Win2000 at work on Monday.

Any Win2000 users want to try it?
Old 6th October 2007, 23:18   #65  |  Link
Rainy

Drag & drop works, adding files using open dialog doesn't. Tested with different files on Windows 2000 Pro SP4; neither showed up in the list.
Old 6th October 2007, 23:35   #66  |  Link

Wow, Rainy, that's pretty shocking. Both work on WinXP. The only thing I did was add a new file type to the open types string for the open dialog. Maybe I hit a string length limit for Win2000. I'll check it on Monday and fix it as needed. For now, use drag and drop.

EDIT: I also expanded the lpstrFile buffer. It turns out that it triggered an obscure Windows bug. See below.

Last edited by Guest; 9th October 2007 at 14:01.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:13   #67  |  Link

It's an obscure Windows bug:

http://www.swiftgear.com/windows_bug.html

You can see that it is the same bug because if you select two or more files it works. I have it fixed and will release a new beta tonight.
Old 9th October 2007, 03:50   #68  |  Link

Version 1.5.0 beta 5

* Fixed a problem with PSIP PID detection that could cause programs to be missed.

* Fixed a problem that resulted in an abort of processing with the message box popup "Force film mode not supported with frame repeats".

* Fixed a problem that caused the file open dialog to fail for some earlier versions of Windows. I didn't include this in the formal change list because it was exposed by a change in beta 2 (increased size of internal buffers!), so it is not present in version 1.4.9.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150b5.zip

Last edited by Guest; 9th October 2007 at 04:40.
Old 9th October 2007, 04:42   #69  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ngel View Post
I have two question:

Can you add the ability to recognize DTS-HD MA?
You have an example in the stream i sent to you.

It's possible to add the ability to "Select the Main Movie" from a pool of m2ts (movie spread in different m2ts)?
Hey, better late than never, eh?

What is DTS-HD MA? Did you send me a stream?

I don't get the second question at all.
Old 9th October 2007, 06:41   #70  |  Link
sunbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
* Fixed a problem that caused the file open dialog to fail for some earlier versions of Windows.
Thank you for fixing this, neuron2.

Old 9th October 2007, 16:34   #71  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
DTS-HD MA is the DTS-HD Master audio stream, sometimes found in, I think, BluRay discs.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:13   #72  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Hmmm... for some reason, I get this error in virtualdub (and megui) unless I have "Use Full Paths" checked:

MPEG2Source: Could not open one of the input files.

Other than that, it works fine.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:34   #73  |  Link
guada2

Quote:
Can you add the ability to recognize DTS-HD MA?
Quote:
It's possible to add the ability to "Select the Main Movie" from a pool of m2ts (movie spread in different m2ts)?
Really Interesting.... BUT

@neuron2
why to update "Dgavcdec" if Dgindex can do all thing (except avc)?
Old 9th October 2007, 22:53   #74  |  Link

@guada2

I don't understand your question. How about PM me about it so as not to clutter up the thread? Thanks.

@Yoshiyuki

I need a lot more information than that. I need all your file locations, the DV2 file, and the AVS script. I also want you to try it manually and not through MEGUI, because I don't want to get involved with MEGUI.

Last edited by Guest; 10th October 2007 at 02:16.
Old 10th October 2007, 01:17   #75  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Quote:
@Yoshiyuki

I need a lot more information than that. I need all your file locations, the DV2 file, and the AVS script. I also want you to try it manually and not through MEGUI, because I don't want to get involved with MEGUI.
I'm not using megui for anything more than loading the avs script to see if it works, just like virtualdub. Both throw the same error, at the same line. It has to do with mpeg2source("C:\...\file.d2v").

Heres the first 4 lines of the d2v file generated without "Use Full Paths" checked (I'm encoding Cowboy Bebop btw):

Code:
DGIndexProjectFile16
..\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_1.VOB
..\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_2.VOB
The actual .d2v file is generated to "New Folder" on my desktop, which I specify in the mpeg2source() of the avs script.

When I manually replace the shortened directories with the full paths (C:\Documents and Settings\...etc), it works fine. So it seems to be a problem with the shortened directories.

Last edited by Yoshiyuki Blade; 10th October 2007 at 01:21.
Old 10th October 2007, 02:21   #76  |  Link

@Yoshi

For your failing case, I need to know the exact path locations and names of the source file(s), the exact paths as written in the D2V file, the exact path location and name of the AVS script, and the contents of the script. Without all those things I cannot determine the problem. This is my second request for all these things. Thank you.

Everything is relative to the location of the D2V file, and the AVS script must be in the same directory as the D2V file.
Old 10th October 2007, 06:57   #77  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Quote:
@Yoshi

For your failing case, I need to know the exact path locations and names of the source file(s), the exact paths as written in the D2V file, the exact path location and name of the AVS script, and the contents of the script. Without all those things I cannot determine the problem. This is my second request for all these things. Thank you.

Everything is relative to the location of the D2V file, and the AVS script must be in the same directory as the D2V file.
Ok, here's how its set up right now:

Location of VOB files (source):

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_1.VOB
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_2.VOB
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_0.IFO (I don't know if this file is necessary or not)

Location of d2v file:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\New Folder\VTS_06_1.d2v

Path as written in the d2v:

..\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_1.VOB
..\DVD\Rips\COWBOY_BEBOP_VTS_06_PGC1\VTS_06_2.VOB

Location of AVS script:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\test.avs

Contents within the AVS script:

Code:
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\awarpsharp.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\colormatrix.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\dgdecode.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\fluxsmooth.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\sangnom.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\undot.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\unfilter.dll")
import("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Encoding Tools\AVISynth Plugins\aaa.avs")

mpeg2source("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\New Folder\VTS_06_1.d2v")

colormatrix()
tweak(sat=1.2)
aaa(1280,720,100,100,1,2,chroma=true)
awarpsharp(depth=30)
fluxsmoothst(15,15)
temporalsoften(10,4,4,30,2)
undot()
EDIT: Oh, It does happen to work when the AVS file is in the same directory as the d2v. I guess using the relative paths instead of the full paths doesn't work too well for me. Is it absolutely necessary to have both the d2v and avs files in the same location? This whole thing was confusing to say the least. Man... I think having "Use Full Paths" off by default was what started this mess. Oh well, thanks for clarifying things.

Last edited by Yoshiyuki Blade; 10th October 2007 at 07:57.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:12   #78  |  Link

Regarding the AVS script location having to be in the same directory as the D2V file, I agree that it is an undesirable limitation. I will see if it can be removed. I have also changed the default back to full paths for the next beta.

Last edited by Guest; 10th October 2007 at 14:16.
Old 12th October 2007, 04:10   #79  |  Link

Version 1.5.0 beta 6

* Removed the limitation that the AVS and D2V files must be in the same directory when the Use Full Paths option is disabled. Thanks to Rainy for showing the way.

* Restored the default setting of the Use Full Paths option to enabled for backward compatibility with third-party applications. If you turn this off, you are expected to know what you are doing.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150b6.zip

Last edited by Guest; 12th October 2007 at 04:14.
Old 12th October 2007, 15:55   #80  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

thank you neruon2, this is going to get its way into megui autoupdate
Closed Thread