Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th January 2004, 20:42   #1  |  Link
Andykard

InstantCopy 8 and pdi

I have just started using Instantcopy 8 and with this version I understand you can load the finished .pdi file to preview it. I dont seem to be able to get this function to work. Also the version of Daemon tools I have says it supports .pdi but I cant get that to work either. I'm still using PDITools to extract the .pdi file. Anyone found any solution to this!
Andykard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 23:31   #2  |  Link
lighty

Start DVDdecrypter and select Tools/Create DVD MDS file.

When you're finished creating MDS file, start Daemon tools and mount MDS file.
lighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2004, 00:20   #3  |  Link
Kedirekin

If the make MDS trick doesn't work (it didn't for me), try using pdi2iso. I've been using pdi2iso for a little over a week, and I'm able to mount the resulting ISO files in daemon tools just fine.
Kedirekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2004, 04:57   #4  |  Link
mrbass

probably stupid to mention this but if all you care about is looking at the quality of the video output that IC8 produced. You can preview (not the first one but second .pdi and subsequent ones) by simply renaming somemovie.pdi.01 to somemovie.pdi.01.vob and previewing it with your default software dvd player.
Old 8th January 2004, 17:25   #5  |  Link
frank
Banned

The pdi files produced by InstantCopy 7/8 don't meet the specs (wrong address fields). That was told to Pinnacle by Daemon in the summer time, but no reaction. That's why the DAEMON emulator doesn't work with such files. Same to DVD Decrypter. Only pdi2iso can convert Pinnacle's pdi files properly.

Last edited by frank; 8th January 2004 at 17:31.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2004, 21:04   #6  |  Link
lighty

Quote:
Originally posted by frank
The pdi files produced by InstantCopy 7/8 don't meet the specs (wrong address fields). That was told to Pinnacle by Daemon in the summer time, but no reaction. That's why the DAEMON emulator doesn't work with such files. Same to DVD Decrypter. Only pdi2iso can convert Pinnacle's pdi files properly.
No Sir! You can burn pdi image with DVD Decrypter without any dificulties as well as use it's MDS creation option if needed.
lighty is offline   Reply With Quote