Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd October 2011, 16:54   #6421  |  Link
CruNcher

hmm might be jans renderer acting strange with intels driver (though intels decoding performance is always the best with NV12 except if the input is natively 4:2:2 then it depends on the decoder as you saw from mainconcepts mpeg-2 vs lav video vs ffdshow test)

But this is a side thing the main issue is this freeze problem with this *.mov and lav splitter, where sound continues and video freezes without any warning (issue) before just rapidly instantly on 1 to the next frame it freezes (changing to MPC-HC Mp4/MOV splitter and it doesn't freeze) seeking is also not possible behind this point of freeze it just seeks the audio

Though im not sure how to supply this without fixing it and a 1.24 GB sample upload would take some time if i find some space to host it :P

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 17:09.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 16:54   #6422  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Did you read my responses to your ticket comment? It still works perfectly like before.
No, sorry, i didnt recieve any email about ticket update.
That is strange, i just tested your latest build you posted and i got only static...
I will post some samples.

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 16:58   #6423  |  Link
hoborg

I think i found the problem. If i now open WAV with DTS in graphstudio, it create LAV splitter to audio renderer connection, LAV audio decoder is not added.

Old 23rd October 2011, 17:19   #6424  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
I think i found the problem. If i now open WAV with DTS in graphstudio, it create LAV splitter to audio renderer connection, LAV audio decoder is not added.
Whatever player you're using, you just need to force it to load LAV Audio, even if the splitter claims its PCM. With MPC-HC, thats easy enough, just set LAV Audio to preferred, and it should always be inserted into the graph.

Sadly detecting DTS-in-WAV in the splitter is not so easy at this time.
Old 23rd October 2011, 17:21   #6425  |  Link
CruNcher

funny trying to cut it with any ffmpeg based tools either crashes the host application or shows the same issues with seeking problems :P
VLC parses the freeze without issues though glitches for a moment encountering it that glitch is absolutely non visible with MPC-HCs splitter also seeking works with VLC (behind the problem)

nev a debug version of lav splitter would be great maybe we can see something in the output i also prepare a video of showing what different parser do here

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 17:29.
Old 23rd October 2011, 17:24   #6426  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Whatever player you're using, you just need to force it to load LAV Audio, even if the splitter claims its PCM. With MPC-HC, thats easy enough, just set LAV Audio to preferred, and it should always be inserted into the graph.

Sadly detecting DTS-in-WAV in the splitter is not so easy at this time.
MY HTPC is NPVR based to play all media. There is no way to force any filter to be added in to graph - it is the same like in graphstudio, NPVR just ask DS to play the file.

Old 23rd October 2011, 17:28   #6427  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You can use some filter management tool to increase LAV Audios merit to something insanely high, maybe it helps.
Old 23rd October 2011, 17:33   #6428  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
nev a debug version of lav splitter would be great maybe we can see something in the output
just run "ffmpeg -v 9 -loglevel 99 -i <filename>", that'll get you all the important output.

Builds available here:
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

If i had to guess, that file just has multiple edit lists, which is not supported by ffmpeg.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 23rd October 2011 at 17:37.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 17:40   #6429  |  Link
TheLion

Converting 24bit int to 32bit float

@nevcairiel:

I have a rather strange kind of issue. I am using lavfilter (splitter, audio decoder) with MC17. My setup is rather special in that I use a convolution VST plugin (Convolver to run Audiolense FIR filters). Output is per ASIO to a Prism Orpheus.

My issue is that I get (slightly) different results from outputting 32bit float (per setting this as only output format) from your decoder into the MC audio engine (64bit float) instead of the native 16bit/24bit int (flac files, bdmv's lossless tracks).

So basically the difference (using 32bit float output from Lav audio decoder results in a "brighter", more aggressive, more forward and "focused" presentation. 24 bit int output into the audio engine is "smoother"). I don't want to sound like I have found another snake oil audiophile trick but results are reproducible and confirmed by my better half. I witnessed the same thing in the old days where I was ripping anything to flac in mkv's and using madflac (24bit/16bit int) or ffdshow (with 32bit float output).

This definitely may have to do with my convolution which happens with 32 float processing.

So in the end there has to be an int->float conversion somewhere - instead of JRiver MC audio engine doing it (using 24bit int from lav decoder) doing this conversion at lav audio level gives different results.

Talking to the developer of Audiolense those time correction FIR filter are quite sensitive to any kind of jitter/distortion occurring between the decoder and the VST plugin.

Question is: Does Lavfilter/ffmpeg do a reference job with int-> float conversion (when the int decoder output is converted to float for lossless tracks, I always thought this conversion to be practically lossless?!)? Is there any chance Lavfilter introduces jitter/any kind of distortion with this conversion? Is this better handled within the JRiver MC audio engine and the output of Lavfilter kept at its native decoder format?

Any answer other than: "When your think to hear a difference use the one option you like better" is welcome ;-)

Thank you!
TheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 17:52   #6430  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
You can use some filter management tool to increase LAV Audios merit to something insanely high, maybe it helps.
That was first thing i tried.
Too bad, it didnt help

Old 23rd October 2011, 18:01   #6431  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
As you say, the *width* is usually stretched, not the height. madVR allows SD content to go up to 1024 pixels wide. Only content which is wider than 1024 pixels (or higher than 576 pixels) is considered "HD" by madVR.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I just have to say that I'm re-amazed every time when I see how responsive you and nevcairiel are w/ regarding to bug reports, development discussions/choices, and functionality explanations. That is w/o mentioning that you guys develop top notch projects for us to enjoy content watching. THANK YOU GUYS!
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 18:03   #6432  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion View Post
Question is: Does Lavfilter/ffmpeg do a reference job with int-> float conversion (when the int decoder output is converted to float for lossless tracks, I always thought this conversion to be practically lossless?!)? Is there any chance Lavfilter introduces jitter/any kind of distortion with this conversion? Is this better handled within the JRiver MC audio engine and the output of Lavfilter kept at its native decoder format?
I would always keep it at the native output format for numerous reasons. The most important probably being that you don't know how your audio engine is converting the float back to int for output, and if those conversions do not match, it might result in different sound.

I do now know what you mean with "reference job". Its a plain and simple conversion, just convert to float, and rescale to the 1.0 - -1.0 scale. No fancy features.
The whole thing is mostly meant to disable formats that are not supported by your hardware and/or filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion View Post
"When your think to hear a difference use the one option you like better"
In the end, thats what it comes down to, isn't it.
Old 23rd October 2011, 18:32   #6433  |  Link
CruNcher

@nev

http://www.mediafire.com/?5d9r80vb7dis5ft

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 18:56.
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:04   #6434  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If the problem also occurs with all ffmpeg tools, its certainly a problem in ffmpeg itself, and you should figure out how to extract a sample that shows the freeze.
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:16   #6435  |  Link
CruNcher

im open for ideas
i try with vlc/vlmc first hoping it wont fix it

ok tried some stuff but nothing works this is also crazy

Quote:
MP4Box.exe -split-chunk 15:30 "G:\testsuite2\2k-test.mov" -out "G:\testsuite2\Split.mp4"
Adjusting chunk start time to previous random access at 14.40 sec
[iso file] Incomplete box ....
[iso file] Box "minf" has 33 extra bytes
Error cloning track 3

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 21:42.
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:40   #6436  |  Link
hobbs1

Quote:
Hi,

here is a test build which, among other things, trys to fix the MP4 A/V sync problem reported.
If you people that watch MP4 files on a regular basis could test this, and report if it improved, or possibly got worse on other files, that would be great.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...0-g41ed098.zip
Nev, I just tested the new build with a MP4 file that had not been rendering video with v36 & 37.

Here is that post - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...22#post1529322

The file now plays perfectly with the new build so take that for whatever its worth and the audio sync is perfect.

FWIW, I think the MP4 file that I was trying to view is the problem because all of my other Mp4 files worked perfectly with 36 & 37.

Hope this helps and thanks for the work.
hobbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:15   #6437  |  Link
CruNcher

I got it it was easier then i thought the issue is propagating nicely into .mp4 as well (uploading) though some ffmpeg apps don't show issues anymore (Avidemux (or is it actually using libav parser?) ) but lavsplitter still freezes also ffplay does also videolan keept it's glitching @ that freeze frame and redos the title show (as it would seamlessly reopen the file)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yx92afb8mrn7r3r

PS: remuxing with Avidemux 2.5.5 fixes this freeze

Movie name : avidemux.mp4
Writing application : Lavf53.4.0

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd October 2011 at 23:10.
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:50   #6438  |  Link
rica

Hi nev,

I've been trying to get wasapi exlusive BITEXACT over ReClock with Lav Filters.

Here is my HW, SW:

GeForce GTX 550 TI on Clarkdale (i3 540/H55)
nVidia driver version: 280.26
TMT5 5.0.1.114, MPC-HC 1.5.3.3757 with LAV Filters v. 0.37, ReClock 1.8.7.7...
Media: Chris Botti Live; the unique 96/24/5.1 PCM source i can find out yet...

Here is how to configure my MPC-HC:

Internal filters: completely disabled while lav fiters are enabled and preferred on external filters section.

Here is the chain on MPC-HC:

And if you notice ReClock only detect WASAPI Exclusive [B]but not bitexact:

While it detects Wasapi exclusive bitexact on TMT 5: (I uploaded a BDMV, please create an ISO with ImageBurn and open it on Virtual Clone Drive's fake driver. Otherwise TMT downsamples it to 48/6/16...

Here is the sample file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?26z6a1w3lkia68a

Could you have a look at?

EDIT: I've met this issue only with PCM unmolested streaming, no issues with DTS HD or THD bitsreaming.

LATEST EDIT: Fixed:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...40#post1534340

- - - - -

_ _ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 26th October 2011 at 22:10.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:00   #6439  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaking View Post
TO NEV:
if use last lav Splitter to Splitter mkv .use wavpack for lavaudio or last wavpack-directshow
http://code.google.com/p/wavpack-directshow/
mediaplayer give me not good sound!
test file
http://www.mediafire.com/?62l18m72ztxbmdo
It seems the wavpack codec in ffmeg is somehow broken for files encoded in the so called "hybride" mode.
In this mode wavpack will create 2 files on encoding (.WV + WVC) if it can't encode lossless with the specified bandwidth.
The WV will then be lossy or lossless and if lossy, a WVC is created to make it possible to make the process lossless.
Suppose the WV is lossy, then WV + WVC = lossless.
A very nice concept anyway !
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:17   #6440  |  Link
Ingram

Does LAVVideo support DXVA with Ati? I'm getting extremely high CPU usage for H264/BR playback but with FFDShow's DXVA I get barely any. I didn't realise until now that LAVVideo was chewing through my CPU until I went to play some 1080P content.

Happy to stick with FFDShow's DXVA if Lav Video is no good for Ati users anymore.
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter