Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 28th February 2013, 00:28   #1  |  Link
jinkazuya

Is there any good plugins for sharpening Details without creating artifacts

Some of the retail DVD we have or own are kind of blurry especially those dramas or anime with eight or more episodes compressed into a dual layer DVD.

I am just wondering if there is any new sharpening avisynth plugins that are still in development and ready to be released? I've been using finesharp or detailsharp or even LimitedSharpenFaster...However, LSF does give wax artifact if we raise the value too high and detailsharp does detail a little boost. The drawback is that it add a lot of grains to the video. I would like to know if there is anything sharpening plugin or script that could sharpen the details without adding grains to the video? I hope something that could really oversharpen, which could clear up the whole video - we could see every tiny bit of details on people's face, background, clothes etc...

Hope somebody could create something like that.
jinkazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 13:15   #2  |  Link
travolter

Plz can you post here detailsharp? I dont have this plugin and I wanted to test.

I always try to sharp the non edges of the image to avoid aliasing, so its better finesharp than LSF, but the problem is that all noises will be boosted too (try removegrain before).

For edges and DVD sources I prefer use warpsharps
travolter is offline   Reply With Quote