Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th December 2009, 00:08   #81  |  Link
Blinky7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
Done, included in the guide. There is something that I forgot ?

@laserfan The download worked great here too.
looks great

I am going to try fixing a movie with multiple m2ts files. Obviously the result of TSmuxer will be one big M2TS, and the movie should play fine using the tsmuxer generated mpls (which shouldnt be a problem as the IGS menu movies all use 1 large m2ts file right? so it cant be IGS...). However, if you want to retain both the Rated/Unrated versions playable, I see this failing, unless you fix each seperately.....but then you will end up with 2 big M2TS files that probably ownt even fit in a BD-50...

Is there any way we can make tsmuxer output the M2TS files as they are in the source (with added subs of course) and not as a single big file?

Messing with Jennifer's Body right now...
Blinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 00:24   #82  |  Link
crl2007

@deank Why the 11 seconds difference ? tsMuxer uses 10:00.000, the original discs INTime varies from 11.650 to anything.

@Blinky7 Those discs are seamless branched. You can't keep both versions or Maximum Movie Mode ( not that someone is interested to see the movie with actors commentaries ) for that mather too. It's extremely tough to edit a seamless branched dvd, not to mention a full blu-ray. So, it's impossible. Yes, the ones with IGS menu linked directly to a m2ts are on a single m2ts. Sadly, blu-ray authoring, demuxers, remuxers are scarse, only a few people continue to do something in this direction, deank is one of them and the guys at smartlabs too.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:03   #83  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
@deank Why the 11 seconds difference ? tsMuxer uses 10:00.000, the original discs INTime varies from 11.650 to anything.
Most blu-rays have intime of 00:00:11.650... once you remux with tsmuxer and keep the original mpls you will have the media file (m2ts) with new PTS (presentation time stamps) starting from 00:10:00.000. Each 192 byte packet in the m2ts file starts with a PTS, so you either have to change ALL packets inside a m2ts file or the easier way - to change the mpls file. Taking into account the original blu-ray disc's IN-TIME and the well known NERO/tsMuxeR in-time of 10mins you do the math... you substract 11.650s from 10mins and you get 9mins 48secs 350ms ( 10x laserfan ) to add to all chapters/in/out times in the original mpls file.

And about branched discs... Playlist files ARE the thing. You can do virtually anything by creating/editing movie playlists (mpls). It is tough to do it with a HEX editor, but it is fun

Last edited by deank; 30th December 2009 at 01:08.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:25   #84  |  Link
crl2007

I understand what you want to do with that substraction, to get it to 10 minutes from 11.650, and this is correct, but when we have an INTime of 1 hour, those 10 minutes are ok to add. But with 11.650, you shouldn't transform in 10:11.650 ? Going on the same principle. Blinky's test shows exactly this.

Last edited by crl2007; 30th December 2009 at 01:27.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:41   #85  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
...with 11.650, you shouldn't transform in 10:11.650 ? Going on the same principle. Blinky's test shows exactly this.
I'm pretty good at math I think...

You would've been right, if tsMuxeR's in_time was 00:10:11.650, then you'd have 10mins difference, but that's not the case.

If original in_time is more than 10mins (like you said 1 hour?!) then you do the same math and ADD.

Last edited by deank; 30th December 2009 at 01:44.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:51   #86  |  Link
Blinky7

You are correct Deank in your math.
However, If using the FixMPLS program mentioned earlier, there is no need for math because it only asks you when you want to set the IN_Time and then it does the math by itself to adjust every chapter accordingly. So you just need to enter 600seconds (10mins) because this is the IN_Time TS_Muxer enforces.
BTW I've noticed the program does some miscalculations and misses a couple miliseconds here and there, which is weird, but negligible anyway in the result...
Old 30th December 2009, 01:56   #87  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky7 View Post
You are correct Deank in your math.
However, If using the FixMPLS program mentioned earlier, there is no need for math...
Yep... I know about the tool for some time now, but never used it, because I was planing to publish a full featured MPLS editor... Sadly, I had too much other things to do.

About the 'miscalculations' - in/out times are not that precise (~ 100ms), so it is unavoidable.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 30th December 2009 at 01:59.
Old 30th December 2009, 02:00   #88  |  Link
crl2007

If the in time is over an hour, why should I do the same 11.650 math ? What you are saying is to modify the in time of the original mpls to 10 minutes. Anyway, you can't add 59 minutes. It's simply too much.

By your math: 1:00:00.000 - 10:00.000 = 50:00.000 And it would mean -50:00.000 and negative values aren't supported. Or maybe I'm a little bit slow at the moment, it's 3 AM here.

@Blinky7 When those discs that you've tested worked, you put there 600 seconds ? Or you add those 600 seconds to the existing INTime? Because if you put 600 seconds, you modify the INTime of the original mpls to 10 minutes, the same as the edited one. In this case, deank is right. The differences are accordingly. In the guide, I wrote that you add those 600 seconds, but maybe I made a mistake and should have written that you change the INTime to 10 minutes.

@deank An MPLS editor with all features would be incredible. That would be really awesome. The posibility to set in time, out time, to change language streams, etc... AWESOME. Maybe a full branched disc could be reauthored with a fully functional menu. Obviously, IGS parts won't be kept as long as tsmuxer does not support them.

Last edited by crl2007; 30th December 2009 at 02:19.
Old 30th December 2009, 02:23   #89  |  Link
Blinky7

Quote:

@Blinky7 When those discs that you've tested worked, you put there 600 seconds ? Or you add those 600 seconds to the existing INTime? Because if you put 600 seconds, you modify the INTime of the original mpls to 10 minutes, the same as the edited one. In this case, deank is right. The differences are accordingly. In the guide, I wrote that you add those 600 seconds, but maybe I made a mistake and should have written that you change the INTime to 10 minutes.
I change the in_time to 10minutes. No adding and stuff. After all, the utility just asks you for a new IN_time. Then it calculates itself and adjusts the chapter timmings accordingly.

I compared the resulting MPLS times with the one created from tsmuxer and they are almost the same....1-3 miliseconds lost here and there, nothing important. That's why it works good then with the chapters
Old 30th December 2009, 02:28   #90  |  Link
crl2007

So I've been arguing with deank for nothing. He was right all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky7
4) Edit movie mpls adding 10mins to the timming
I understood from you that you added those 600 seconds to the existing INTime. I will modify this in my guide.

LE: I've modified the guide too, look on the first page and see if I overlooked something.

Last edited by crl2007; 30th December 2009 at 02:48.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:42   #91  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I ripped my first Blu-ray disc today (Ghost Rider), using my Playstation3's Yellow Dog Linux and decrypted it with the trial of AnyDVDHD...

The disc is purely HDMV authored (no Java) and by using the 'transcode' in multiAVCHD I got the movie only AVCHD version in just 2 hours in 1280x720 ~ 4.4GB to play it in my PS3 with the external HDD, without the need of the blu-ray disc. Although it is a function of multiAVCHD for almost an year - it was the 1st time I tried it

Then with some playlist tweaks I got the original POP-UP/MAIN menu working in my FAT32 AVCHD compilation It is not really easy to automate the process in multiAVCHD when multiple titles are used, but for one-title-compilation it may be much easier.

Here is what happened (you can see that the ripped disc is now converted to 1280x720 ):

I haven't had time to test this myself yet, so please indulge me one more question: When you re-made (converted to 1280x720 then remuxed) the feature here, did you also retain all the subs, or did you strip some out? Just wondering if this can be done and the thing still plays, or if the playback chokes cuz it's missing subs (or audios).

Seems to me one could replace any number of m2ts files with "blanks" (e.g. 1 second of blank video) and then modify the mpls' as discussed here, and end-up with a disc that's got menu and chapters but no other unwanted extras...?

@crl2007 sorry this is slightly off-topic but your technique is exposing other opportunities!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 16:55   #92  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Seems to me one could replace any number of m2ts files with "blanks" (e.g. 1 second of blank video) and then modify the mpls' as discussed here, and end-up with a disc that's got menu and chapters but no other unwanted extras...?

@crl2007 sorry this is slightly off-topic but your technique is exposing other opportunities!
This would certainly get my attention too! ( and also sorry crl2007)
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 16:56   #93  |  Link
crl2007

@laserfan I don't mind, as long as we all find ways to better and easier edit our disc collection. If you remove tracks, the rest of them are automatically "upped" and you need to modify the mpls accordingly. You need to remove them from mpls too. For now, this operations can only be made from hex edit. And if you are not a programmer, hex edit is extremely tough. Although, you can replace those tracks with 1 second dummies and it's fully functional. As for other effects, there are none, except this stream order.

And yes, you can replace any m2ts with a 1 second video and modify the mpls with fixmpls. There is no choke. I tried something like this a long time ago, but with the original extras m2ts split.

I used DGSplit to split those m2ts in 1 MB sections. The disc reads through them and the trailers etc. are gone.

Last edited by crl2007; 30th December 2009 at 17:00.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:00   #94  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@laserfan:

I extracted the subtitles I need (English and Bulgarian), resized them to 720p and used the files (as .sup/PGS) in the remuxed blu-ray. I also removed all audio streams (except english) and all subtitle tracks (and added external).

Since English is #1 and Bulgarian is #2 (in the language/popup menu) - the disc works perfectly, switching subtitles and playing the audio. I had no time to completely edit the playlist to remove all 'broken' links to missing audio/subtitle streams, but it does not affect the playback in any way.

Quote:
Seems to me one could replace any number of m2ts files with "blanks"
I described this in the other thread and it is simply done by using the original mpls with edited in/out times and new (1 second blank) m2ts/clpi.

Last edited by deank; 30th December 2009 at 17:10.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:34   #95  |  Link
crl2007

@deank Man, you know hex edit, we can see there just a bunch of numbers and letters. If you could make a tutorial for the rest of us who are idiots when it comes to hex, it would be great. Honestly, when you say something about hex, we just see a bunch of numbers written but with no meaning for us.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:43   #96  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I will, scout's promise
Old 30th December 2009, 18:16   #97  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
@deank Man, you know hex edit, we can see there just a bunch of numbers and letters. If you could make a tutorial for the rest of us who are idiots when it comes to hex, it would be great. Honestly, when you say something about hex, we just see a bunch of numbers written but with no meaning for us.
Agree completely here! May as well be another language ( haha, it is! )
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 20:05   #98  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I had no time to completely edit the playlist to remove all 'broken' links to missing audio/subtitle streams, but it does not affect the playback in any way.
That's what I was curious about, thanks for confirming.

FWIW I made a spreadsheet to convert HEX to H:M:S.MS and back again. It's still tedious to find/fix entries; I use/like HxD:

http://mh-nexus.de/en/
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 21:53   #99  |  Link
crl2007

I've been thinking a little about branched discs and the ones with IGS elements. I don't think that it is possible to keep both theatrical and Uncut version or Maximum Movie Mode ( IGS elements ) by editing the mpls. First of all, every m2ts has it's very own INTime and sometimes, they have only a few seconds. You can't add 10 minutes INTime to a 10 seconds m2ts. Second you'll have to determine the chapters for every m2ts and there can't be multiple m2ts files with the same INTime. Third you'll have to split subs for every single m2ts and sync for each part. There is no remuxer for IGS elements.

Maybe, in the future, tsMuxer will be able to keep the original structure of a playlist, editing every file by its own and not as a whole. Or maybe multiavchd will be able to do that. And that bmp exporting/importing that we've discussed.

LE: @deank If you agree, I'll do all the work when it comes to a branched disc and you just hexedit the mpls. It is worth a try, maybe we can reauthor tv series if our little experiment is a succes. But when I'll find one an I'll have a little time off. Do you think it's worth it ? The work I mean.

Last edited by crl2007; 30th December 2009 at 22:28.
Old 30th December 2009, 23:54   #100  |  Link
Blinky7

For the time being, I think keeping both versions of a movie (theatrical/extended) can be done by working the same way for both versions and just putting both new m2ts/mpls/cli files int he existing BD structure. Assuming you delete the m2ts files that are now contained in the 2 huge M2TS files, and assuming there is no more than 2 versions of the movie, you should be able to keep it under 50gb most times, to be able to fit in a BD-50.
It would be tricky though if both versions start with the same m2ts file (00003.m2ts for example, and there are differences later on teh playlist). I guess you could keep the original mpls names (00003 and 00004 lets say....) and when you export the 2nd version from tsmuxer ask it to load 00004.m2ts instead of 00003. Since we will be using the new mpls files it should work I guess.

Well, I just did Hannah Montana the movie (BD-java single m2ts) and it worked great again. Now I am experimenting with Jennifer's Body which is multi-m2ts structure. The first tries didnt work. It's a tricky movie because the BDinfo shows 2 versions, one with 1.47mins and one with 1.42 mins but in the menu there is nowhere the choice to choose version...
Then, looking at the m2ts file order of being played from mpls, it's really weird. I expected both playlists to be about the same with the larger one having 2-3 more m2ts files added in some points. But the 1.47min version playlist has one extra m2ts file between each original file....its weird.
Its like playlist 1 is :

and playlist 2 is :

Do you make any sense out of it?

Also, I used clownBD to demux the files and received one large m2ts and all the other audio-subtitle files. I loaded them in the same sequence in tsmuxer and added my own subs but the result didnt work as expected. Dunno why......gonna go experiment more now...