Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2004, 15:31   #1  |  Link
TheJez

What DVD+RW brand will work on my stand alone ?

Hi All,

Over a year ago, I bought an AOPEN 2412PRO DVD+R(W) writer. It came with an 'AOpen' DVD+RW disc. After authoring some home-made videos, I tried burning it to the +RW to try it on my stand-alone player (a no-no Technika 1010 player). I was very happy to see that it worked, and have been using this disc ever since to try-out my projects. A couple of monhts later, I bought some Nashua DVD+RW's, but to my regret, the stand-alone player never recognized these discs (no-disc-error). A pitty, but I still had the +RW disc that came with my writer :-)
However, since a couple of weeks, the player refuses to play the Aopen +RW disc also ! So I have some questions here:
- Is there a reasonable explanation why my player did play the Aopen +RW, but refused to play the Nashua RW's ? Could this have to do with the amount of reflection of the disc ?
- Is there a reasonable explanation why my player used to play the AOpen +RW, and now refuses to play it ? Has the disc degraded, or has my player degraded ?

And, most important:
- Is it possible to say what brand +RW's will most likely play without problems on my player ? E.g. which brand has the best reflection ?

I hope anyone can help. I capture analog video, and have to find out about even/odd line first regarding interlacing. The only way to find out reliably, is making short test-dvd's and watch the result on a real t.v.. I'd rather use +RW's for this testing i.s.o. +R's...

Thanks a bunch,

TheJez
TheJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 10:37   #2  |  Link
mornstar

I don't have such a player but you can look here: DVD PLAYER DBase

I don't see your 1010, but some other models. Just check there for the info you seek, i hope it works...

By the way, some sites on internet have a list with best DVD-+RW media. And if you buy a brand like Verbatim i think you are always save. (But i don't know it for sure ).
mornstar is offline   Reply With Quote