Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th December 2004, 13:58   #101  |  Link
Brother John
(schein)heilig

I don't care about where additional lame settings are placed. Who needs more than "alt presets" anyway? But better leave azid options where they are. BeLight tabs are meant to be encoder tabs, while azid is a decoder.

There's an issue with OTA's gain settings and AAC encoding. I thought this has been mentioned here already, but I can't find it; so sorry if I'm repeating known things.

When encoding to AAC (using BeLight 0.19) and "View command line" is disabled OTA's gain always jumps to "PostGain" when pressing "Start". Also the logfile shows that BeSweet indeed uses "PostGain" in this case.
When "View command line" is enabled the GUI still jumps back to "PostGain" (including the command line string) but according to the logfile "PreGain" (or "hybrid", depending which you chose) is used.
For other destination formats (I only tested mp3) BeLight doesn't display this behaviour.

When lost in BeSweet's options, have a look at the Commandline Reference.
DVD nach MPEG-4 klappt nicht? Verzweifelt? Auf zum Encodingwissen!
Brother John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2004, 14:28   #102  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Re: Size issues again

Heyaaaa...

Sorry for the delay guys.

Quote:
Originally posted by WinsomePix
On main screen, however, it's gotten even more truncated at the bottom when viewing at 1024x768 resolution -- the entire start button and everything below is now cut off.
Ok, I see. I'll try to fix it. But why did you have a pretty low resolution ??

Quote:
Originally posted by absinthe
Sort of a funny thing, though. I would think the whole point of calling it "BeLight" is that it is somewhat simplified. You starting adding in everyone's requests and it becomes more and more complex ...
Well...for my point of view BeLight is somewhat simplified in the form but not in the core...coz BeSweet is very powerful, isn't it ??

Quote:
Originally posted by nexus

I think so too. You should first fix the bugs before implementing new functions.
Sure...but if nobody send me some feedback or bugs report then I can try to implement new things.

Quote:

I dont't know if these bugs are known:
-Settings arent't saved correctly (I don't know if this is true, but if I check Delay and save the settings, next time I load the settings and "Delay" isn't checked. Same for "normalize" e.g.). It isn't stored in the settings.ini, but I can edit it maually.
-Language isn't saved
It's not bugs....it's not yet implemented. But, yes...I can do that.

Quote:

-Command line only shows chosen parameters if I choose them _after_ clicking "View & edit command line", however parameters will be correctly delivered to besweet.exe.
Are you sure ?? Well...I know that I forgot to check something...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacemaker

It would be better to split the "advanced settings" section.
The lame section should be placed in the "MP3" tab as an advanced section --->button
The azid section should be placed in the "AC3" tab as an advanced section --->button

The other sections "Soundtouch, Partial Encodings, External Plugins and others" should remain where they are.

Is this a good idea ?
It's a good idea for sure...but like Brother John said, I prefer to keep the tabs for the encoders. And in the most cases, the Lame and Azid Settings in "Advanced Settings" are much more for advanced users. So, if I add some other things in the tabs, it could be too complicated for some newbies...

Quote:
Originally posted by Brother John
When encoding to AAC (using BeLight 0.19) and "View command line" is disabled OTA's gain always jumps to "PostGain" when pressing "Start". Also the logfile shows that BeSweet indeed uses "PostGain" in this case.
When "View command line" is enabled the GUI still jumps back to "PostGain" (including the command line string) but according to the logfile "PreGain" (or "hybrid", depending which you chose) is used.
For other destination formats (I only tested mp3) BeLight doesn't display this behaviour.
Yep....I know. I'll try to fix that in the next release.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2004, 18:43   #103  |  Link
nexus
digitally remastered

Oh, I forgot something: Another good thing would be if settings are automaticly loaded with starting the prog.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurtnoise13
Sure...but if nobody send me some feedback or bugs report then I can try to implement new things.
*searching for more bugs* :P
Old 10th December 2004, 15:36   #104  |  Link
nexus
digitally remastered

*Can't find any more bugs, so waiting for new bild *g*

Which programming language do you use for this GUI?
Old 10th December 2004, 16:06   #105  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Hi,

Quote:
*Can't find any more bugs, so waiting for new bild *g*
/me found others bugs... I'll post a new build in few hours. But no new things, just bugs fix release.

Quote:
Which programming language do you use for this GUI?
Delphi.
Old 11th December 2004, 15:24   #106  |  Link
nFury8

Excellent work with the new GUI, Kurtnoise13.

I just noticed one thing though. The old version supported DTS input. This one doesn't seem to support DTS input. I tried selecting 'All Files' at the input then chose my DTS file but when I hit Start it crashed. Anyway, just ignore this if its too much trouble. You must have your own reasons why you didn't add DTS input support. I'll just use the old one for DTS inputs and use BeLight for AC3 inputs. Nice job.

i286 CPU @ 10MHZ
8 Mbyte RAM
2MB Trident Graphics
20MB Hard Disk 3,600RPM
14" VGA Monitor
Built-in PC speaker
Windows 3.1
WinZip and WinRar - (for compressing my DVD movies)
(I'm a HQ freak so I always do a 2-floppy disk rip)
nFury8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2004, 15:59   #107  |  Link
Alxemi
Happy XviD user

And a feature request:
When you open a file with the "open file with" windows dialog, and choose belight, belight opens but the input file box is empty instead with the file you opened.
Old 11th December 2004, 19:28   #108  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally posted by nFury8
Excellent work with the new GUI, Kurtnoise13.
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally posted by nFury8
I just noticed one thing though. The old version supported DTS input. This one doesn't seem to support DTS input. I tried selecting 'All Files' at the input then chose my DTS file but when I hit Start it crashed. Anyway, just ignore this if its too much trouble. You must have your own reasons why you didn't add DTS input support. I'll just use the old one for DTS inputs and use BeLight for AC3 inputs. Nice job.
Yes, it's intentionally. First, BeSweet doesn't support dts. On the other hand, I would like to create a new tool especially for transcoding dts files when BeLight will be finished. That's why dts as input file isn't support in my GUI.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alxemi
And a feature request:
When you open a file with the "open file with" windows dialog, and choose belight, belight opens but the input file box is empty instead with the file you opened.
mmmh ok...I put it on my todo list.

Anyway, I hope to finish to finalize the new release tomorrow...sorry for the delay.
Old 12th December 2004, 22:40   #109  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

As I said yesterday, here's a new build : 0.20 beta 1. It's just bugs fix release. A lot of internal/external bugs have been corrected...I hope everything is ok.

Just one note : BeLight now saves/load your own options as soon as you close/open it. So, the loading & saving manual settings has disappeared from the Menu.

@WinsomePix : I tested on 2 different PC with a 1024x768 resolution and all seems to work fine (no cut off, etc...). Please, tell me if all it's ok for you too.

[edit]--typo

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 14th December 2004 at 09:15.
Old 14th December 2004, 09:20   #110  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

2 bugs detected in this last release :
- problem with plugins part.
- Languages aren't saved.

I'll correct these bugs as soon as I can...
Old 14th December 2004, 12:19   #111  |  Link
guru1968

bug-report/feature-request...

Hi Kurtnoise13,

I am pretty new to BeLight - used BeSweetGUI til now and got quite used to it's overloaded GUI; but as I am always looking for new challenges I decided to give BeLight a try...

What I can't find at first sight is where to enter the path to BeSweet.exe -- or does besweet HAS to be in %PATH% ?
Or does BeLight _need_ to be in the same directory?
- there was no readme.txt/install.txt or whatsoever in "BeLight-0.20b1.zip"

Next thing is when clicking on 'Input' and dropping down the 'Files of type' list, there are entries like " --- BeSweet List Files ---" and " --- Container Files ---"; the first include .lst and .mux and the second .avi and *.*
What I am missing is an entry for the sound formats as such (the types above " --- BeSweet List Files ---").
Furthermore this does not work at all:
If I have a test.lst and a test.mux in one directory and select "LIST Files (*.lst)" only test.lst is shown; so is only test.mux shown when I selected "MUX Files (*.mux)". That's what I expected -- but when I select " --- BeSweet List Files ---" as Type NEITHER of both is shown while I expected BOTH...
-- I thing You only ment those entries to be separators but then You also should prevent those to be selected at all...

gr33tz,
guru
guru1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 13:31   #112  |  Link
nexus
digitally remastered

Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:
Originally posted by guru1968
What I can't find at first sight is where to enter the path to BeSweet.exe -- or does besweet HAS to be in %PATH% ?
It has to be in the same directory.

Quote:
Next thing is when clicking on 'Input' and dropping down the 'Files of type' list, there are entries like " --- BeSweet List Files ---" and " --- Container Files ---"; the first include .lst and .mux and the second .avi and *.*
What I am missing is an entry for the sound formats as such (the types above " --- BeSweet List Files ---").
If I have a test.lst and a test.mux in one directory and select "LIST Files (*.lst)" only test.lst is shown; so is only test.mux shown when I selected "MUX Files (*.mux)". That's what I expected -- but when I select " --- BeSweet List Files ---" as Type NEITHER of both is shown while I expected BOTH...
-- I thing You only ment those entries to be separators but then You also should prevent those to be selected at all...
I think so too.
Old 14th December 2004, 13:43   #113  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:
Well...the 0.20b1 it's just a beta release, that's why I don't add a Readme or anything else...but I suppose you don't have read my first post in this thread. BeLight must be in the same directory as BeSweet. That's all.

Quote:
Yeah, but I didn't miss something. Theses lines (" --- BeSweet List Files ---" and " --- Container Files ---") are just there to separate the different choices from the list, not to choose or select the files. If you want to have .lst/.mux together, select "All files" at the end.
Old 14th December 2004, 17:34   #114  |  Link
guru1968

Re: Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:
Yeah, but I didn't miss something. Theses lines (" --- BeSweet List Files ---" and " --- Container Files ---") are just there to separate the different choices from the list, not to choose or select the files. If you want to have .lst/.mux together, select "All files" at the end.
Okay - but if these entries were only ment as separators then you should not make them selectable...

On the other hand (and/or if this is not possible) it should be a piece of cake to associate ALL the filter-types of one section to the according separator, or not?
- i.e. selecting " --- BeSweet List Files ---" sets the filter to "*.lst or *.mux"

Just a suggestion

guru

Last edited by guru1968; 14th December 2004 at 17:36.
guru1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 18:00   #115  |  Link
dOpiate

SSRC 2-Pass

Am I missing the option to select 2 Pass for SSRC conversion?

BeSweet Example:

"C:\audio\BeSweet\ssrc\ssrc_hp.exe" --rate 44100 --twopass "x:\shabhot\audio.wav" "x:\shabhot\audio-New.wav"

thanks
dOpiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 18:54   #116  |  Link
OMINUS

is it possible to add support for adding jobs?

btw your gui rulez-its the reason i start using besweet

Last edited by OMINUS; 14th December 2004 at 18:57.
OMINUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 20:34   #117  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Re: Re: Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:
On the other hand (and/or if this is not possible) it should be a piece of cake to associate ALL the filter-types of one section to the according separator, or not?
- i.e. selecting " --- BeSweet List Files ---" sets the filter to "*.lst or *.mux"
ok...I'll add it. It's easy.

Quote:
Originally posted by dOpiate
Am I missing the option to select 2 Pass for SSRC conversion?

BeSweet Example:

"C:\audio\BeSweet\ssrc\ssrc_hp.exe" --rate 44100 --twopass "x:\shabhot\audio.wav" "x:\shabhot\audio-New.wav"
mmmh...all seems to be right. What's happen exactly ??

Quote:
Originally posted by OMINUS
is it possible to add support for adding jobs?
Yes...it's on top on my todo list.

BTW, I need you to have your point of view. I'm preparing some Presets for transcode processing. That's why I would like to have some feedbacks or suggestions for these things.

I post 2 pictures :

and 0.20 beta2 (with the 2 bugs corrected) to see how we can manage the different presets. So, what do you think about that ? Is it ok or not ?? Thanks guys ....
Old 14th December 2004, 20:42   #118  |  Link
dOpiate

Re: Re: Re: Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:

mmmh...all seems to be right. What's happen exactly ??

where is the option to turn on the two-pass for SSRC in your prog???

am I just missing it?
dOpiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 22:35   #119  |  Link
Longinus

Kurtnoise13, nice program!!

Just one small bug I found...
The LAME alt-preset for 128 CBR is not right, it's using ABR instead..
lame( --alt-preset 128 ) instead of lame( --alt-preset cbr 128 ).
Longinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 23:20   #120  |  Link
Palikrovol

Re: Re: Re: Re: bug-report/feature-request...

Quote:
BTW, I need you to have your point of view. I'm preparing some Presets for transcode processing. That's why I would like to have some feedbacks or suggestions for these things.

I post 2 pictures :

and 0.20 beta2 (with the 2 bugs corrected) to see how we can manage the different presets. So, what do you think about that ? Is it ok or not ?? Thanks guys ....
Why not both? I mean "Radio (40/50 kbps)", "Streaming (50/70", and so on.

And i think all the presets for all the speakers config. would be better (tape, radio, internet and streaming for 2.0 and 5.1 in HE)

Anyway it looks great.

Go on with the GUI Kurtnoise13
Palikrovol is offline   Reply With Quote