Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 23rd January 2004, 00:38   #1  |  Link
Master Yoda

Menu Stripping

OK, i have a menu thats multi.Numenu4u shows it all,eng , and what ever the other two are.

Now i know how to strip the menu so that its just english in the vts_??_0.ifo.But is it safe to strip the video_ts.ifo so that its english only ???
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2004, 01:28   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Menu Stripping

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda
OK, i have a menu thats multi.Numenu4u shows it all,eng , and what ever the other two are.
I'm trying understand what you are describing. Are you talking about a menu with multi language selection? if so...

Quote:
Now i know how to strip the menu so that its just english in the vts_??_0.ifo.But is it safe to strip the video_ts.ifo so that its english only ???
...try this guide.
Old 23rd January 2004, 02:37   #3  |  Link
Master Yoda

Sorry i didnt explain properly. OK the menu thats in vts_01_0.vob is multi language, it auto selects the langauge depending on what langauge your player is i guess as you dont get to pick.Now its 200mb, so what i did was open the vts_01_0.ifo in ifo edit, i then click on menu extras and tick strip vobids and tick strip langauge units then i hit ok.I next tick english and untick italian and russian, then i tick strip it, then i tick vobids 1 > 5, and untick ids 6 > 15(these are used for the foriegn menus).Then i tick strip it and let ifoedit do its thing.The new vts_01_0.vob is now english only and 75mb.Then menu works fine.

What i would like too know is, is it safe to do the same thing on the video_ts.vob so that its also english only.?

I ask as i've read that you should update vts sectors on the video_ts.ifo, or something like that.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2004, 03:24   #4  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda
What i would like too know is, is it safe to do the same thing on the video_ts.vob so that its also english only.?

I ask as i've read that you should update vts sectors on the video_ts.ifo, or something like that.
Just make a copy of your VIDEO_TS files and then perform the what you are asking. Can't hurt to try it out. If it works, then you're good to go.

I always make habit to "Get VTS Sectors" after any stripping.

What aboutyour menu? after stripping, is it still there?