Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th January 2002, 19:09   #1  |  Link
kheops

bug in dvd2avi

hi,

doom 9, in your of your dvd to dvdr guide you say :
Quote:
Since VOBRator isn't extremely stable there's an alternative: Load the VOB files into DVD2AVI and press F5 to start previewing. This will bring up a screen where you can also see the VOB and Cell IDs:
As you can see, I marked the important parts of the screen. Timestamps will also tell you how long a certain cell or ID is. The first number in the Vob Cell ID line is the VOB ID, the 2nd is the Cell ID.
i'm ripping "the world isn't enough"
at the very end of the movie there is a text showing the name of the actors used to dub the movie
dvd2avi (1.76) says that the vobid of this text is 37
so i stripped the vobs files thanks to ifoedit, and selected vobid 37
looking at the copy i saw the italian warning about the copy... (vobid 38 in dvd2avi)
so i gave a chance to vobrator, and found out that the correct vobid is 36

since vobrator is buggy and dvd2avi doesn't seem to be always correct, maybe someone here knows another program we could use to find exactly the vobid we have to keep if we want just the main movie and some interesting stuff like the dubbing infos

again, doom9, thanks for your time and effort

thanks

Last edited by kheops; 20th January 2002 at 19:45.
kheops is offline   Reply With Quote