Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th August 2005, 19:35   #21  |  Link
Koti
Always trying

Quote:
the new release resizes properly even with granny fonts.
Nice
Koti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 18:53   #22  |  Link
darkside40

I have tried the MEGui x264 an it works really fine for me.

The only thing that doesent work perfect is the Bitrate Calculator.
When i try to calculate the Bitrate by using the MKV format it crashes when i try to select the aac audio Track.

When i use the MP4 format i can select the aac audio track, but i doesent get recognized in the calculation.
Means, before i select the audio track the calculatet bitrate says 1000k/bits for the Video, and after i selected the audio the Video has the same bitrate.

When i use the Bitrate Calculator of the "normal" MeGui everything works fine.
darkside40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2005, 21:23   #23  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

alright, I found the culprit. It was a remainder of the simplified calculator berrinam wrote a while back. I must've missed that part when I went over the code and made it more functional.
Old 18th August 2005, 22:51   #24  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

the new version is out. Most notably it contains a hopefully fully working bitrate calculator and of course all the changes mentioned in the megui thread.
Old 19th August 2005, 09:45   #25  |  Link
darkside40

THX for the new Version.
The Bitrate Calculator just works fine now, no more crashes.

The only thing i miss in this Gui is the Avisynth Script Creator, this tool is very usefull in the "normal" MeGui an it would be cool to have it in this Version too.
Old 19th August 2005, 09:57   #26  |  Link
berrinam

I really don't see why people use MeGUI x264 edition when they want features from the full edition. In fact, I don't see why people want a x264-only edition except if the full version becomes too daunting. Maybe there is some other reason that I have missed?
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 10:24   #27  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

/me fully agrees with berrinam. The only reason for the existence of this version is that some people seem to be happy with a gui for just the x264 executable. the regular megui defaults to x264.exe so unless you change the container dropdown, you can just ignore the audio groupbox and it's pretty much the same then, but you have all the nifty features.
Old 19th August 2005, 10:25   #28  |  Link
darkside40

In the full edition there are too many thing i dont need.
I dont need the AVC Quant Matrix Editor, Chaptor Creator, on click encoder, d2v creator or a muxxer (this thing i do with other progs).

The only things i need is the calculator and the script creator, so i dont have to start Gknot only to generate the avs script.
Old 19th August 2005, 11:01   #29  |  Link
vidhead
lost in dependency h3ll

i like the x264-only edition, it's clean, clear and crispy. MeGUI full edition is ok too once you realise it has 2 methods of creating jobs.

there was a little problem with MeGUI 0.2.2.0 this morning, the One Click Encoder window would not close (it wasn't 'always on top', more like a 'dialogbox that must be click ok or cancel?) the 1-pass did not start. i think i switched of autorun.

after running DGIndex.exe (1.4.0) - DGIndex has closed - the One Click Encoder would only die with 'end task'. this was repeated several times. dunno why. now it doesn't happen. now it does.

also, i get this error when the above problem did not occur:
avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
could not open input file 'J:\source\VTS_01_1.avs'

"E:\tools\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 587195 --stats "2pass.log" --filter 6,0 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpstep 1 --progress --no-psnr --output NUL "J:\source\VTS_01_1.avs"

i believe the d2v it created is corrupted because all i see is a thin black strip instead of the expected.

btw, avsedit 1.1 is a great avisynth script creator with preview.

cheers

Last edited by vidhead; 19th August 2005 at 11:04.
vidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 11:24   #30  |  Link
Peter1234

How is frame rate set in the GUI?
Peter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 11:27   #31  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
i believe the d2v it created is corrupted because all i see is a thin black strip instead of the expected.
Not necessarily but there's an error in your AviSynth script for sure. Open the script in a media player and have a look at the error message, that should tell you what it is. I figure either a script error or a missing plugin are likely causes.

Quote:
now it doesn't happen. now it does.
I cannot reproduce that so you need to figure out a reliable method to reproduce this (meaning it happens every time if you that, that and that)

Quote:
In the full edition there are too many thing i dont need.
How about just not using them? It's not like you even have to look at the menu, every menu option has a shortcut (e.g. Control-S for the settings, Control-Q for the quantizer matrix editor, Control-A for the AviSynth creator - basically it's control and the underlined letter).. I never use the menu.
Old 19th August 2005, 12:09   #32  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@doom9

You mind if i include your MeGUI-x264.exe to my x264-xxx-install.exe installer on x264.nl ?

It looks great
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 12:52   #33  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
You mind if i include your MeGUI-x264.exe to my x264-xxx-install.exe installer on x264.nl ?
Not at all, I'd be honored. Please just make sure you check this thread when you put out a new build to see if there's a new version.
Quote:
It looks great
Thanks. I hope it works just as great as it looks

Quote:
How is frame rate set in the GUI?
Why would you need to set the framerate? The output framerate will match the input framerate. And if you mux a raw stream, even though RAW can apparently contain a framerate, mp4box will need that you specify a framerate or it'll use 25fps and if I'm not mistaken so does mp4creator, so setting a framerate is kinda moot. Just in case avc2avi can use the framerate in a raw stream, you can put "--fps 23.976" in the custom commandline field in the codec configuration. But that would be the only scenario where I see the fps command making any sense. In any other scenario than this big if avc2avi scenario, there's simply no need to do that, hence there's no GUI control for assigning the framerate either. Having every option is nice and all, but if something is of no use, I see no point in adding it.. it just confuses the unsuspecting users.
Old 19th August 2005, 12:58   #34  |  Link
Peter1234

Sorry about the frame rate question. I see that there is no input parameter for frame rate required, the encoder gets it from the input video file.
Peter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 18:35   #35  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Not at all, I'd be honored. Please just make sure you check this thread when you put out a new build to see if there's a new version.
Yup, will check it manually, i added it on x264.nl with a .net link and a link to this thread.

Okay!
Old 19th August 2005, 23:16   #36  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

and the first new release is already out. Changes, as usual, can be found in the MeGUI thread.
Old 21st August 2005, 20:39   #37  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a new build is out. It contains improvements and fixes in the bitrate calculator.
Old 22nd August 2005, 00:10   #38  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
a new build is out. It contains improvements and fixes in the bitrate calculator.
Cool added it, to x264 build 287.

It would be nice if the first post in this thread would show Last Edited, so we don't have to go to the last page just to see if there is a new version ( yes i don't trust version numbers )
Old 24th August 2005, 10:56   #39  |  Link
vidhead
lost in dependency h3ll

whereis aviSynthPlugins folder

it's happening again...One Click Encoder is stuck.

ok here is exactly the sequence i've taken:
1. start MeGUI (0.2.2.0)
2. select One Click Encoder (window appears)
3. click ... for video input then select a vob
4. check do not encode audio
5. < did not change suggested output resolution, 640 (vob is 720)
6. Extra Setup - codec - AVC [greyed out] - select a previously configured profile
7. Storage medium = custom, specified a filesize in MB, container is MKV
8. click encode button

the DGIndex prog runs in minimized for a little while then "closes" and the One Click Encoder window is "stuck". the "x" does not work. when i click the Encode button again a dialogbox pops up with "You must select a video file or project name to continue". ->end task.

i opened the d2v file with DGIndex and this time it is ok.

9. i restart MeGUI and there are 3 tasks in the queue, pass-1, pass2 and mux. under status it shows 'error' for pass-1, waiting for the remainder. i re-run pass-1 and the log show the commandline,etc. and then

avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )

Quote:
Not necessarily but there's an error in your AviSynth script for sure. Open the script in a media player and have a look at the error message, that should tell you what it is. I figure either a script error or a missing plugin are likely causes.
ok...with mpc it shows :
Script Error : there is no function named "mpeg2source" etc.

the avs itself contains this only:
mpeg2source("J:\source\VTS_01_1.d2v")
crop(8,0,-0,-2)
LanczosResize(640,480)

bingo. this explains why : MeGUI (?) did not write in/load the plugins dlls. hmmm, does MeGUI know where aviSynthPlugins is?

(for comparison - gordian knot has a place to specify where aviSynthPlugins folder is.)

Quote:
How about just not using them? ...
that's the other guy not me
Old 24th August 2005, 11:21   #40  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
MeGUI (?) did not write in/load the plugins dlls. hmmm, does MeGUI know where aviSynthPlugins is?
No, but your System knows. Thus, if you copy dgdecode.dll where it says in the manual (that would be the megui thread, first post, and the readme file in megui) you won't have that problem.

As for the other thing.. I need 100% reproducability. Can you reproduce this every time using exactly the steps you outlined above? Also, you mention 0.2.2.0 and matroska.. 0.2.2.2 contains a crucial bugfix for matroska output in the one click encoder, please try again using the latest version.

And P.S., you should post that in the main MeGUI thread.. this thread is only for the limited version that doesn't have a one click encoder. Thank you.