Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 28th February 2002, 23:16   #1  |  Link
canadian_fbi

when to upgrade ogg ds filters?

with new versions of the ogg and subtitle filters regularly coming out, i was wondering, is it recommended that one upgrade what they have each time a new one comes out? i don't know how widespread it was, but there were reports of incompatibilities with movies muxed with 0.9.8.3 playing with 0.9.8.4. i know tobias is making backward compatibility a priority, but these are unrefined methods.

i dunno, basically i'm just asking a) if old versions are good enough, and b) how great the risk of incompatibility is.
canadian_fbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2002, 23:35   #2  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

I don't use the sub portion so I can't speak to that. However, I always upgrade the OggDS to the latest version. It's only getting better and I've yet to see any reports of backward compatibility issues arise.

Then again...I'm always one that likes to stay on the cutting edge...erh is that bleeding edge
Old 1st March 2002, 09:32   #3  |  Link
Acaila
Retired

With me Subtitles DSF still isn't working, but for the normal OGG DSF I recommend to update as soon as a new release comes out.
Acaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2002, 05:58   #4  |  Link
Neo Neko

Yeah I have used it since the 0.9.8.1 version and there has been little problem with compatability if any. There have been many discussions on this topic over at powerdivx, but backwards compatability was never an issue. So far Tobias has done an excelent job. And he should be releasing his specs soon.

Last edited by Neo Neko; 3rd March 2002 at 21:05.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote