Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 7th May 2007, 12:40   #721  |  Link
Alain2

Arf the window width resizing bug is still there, but the sliders section automatically hides again when I don't use any

btw a funny thing is when I close avsp, both windows disappear (also from the task bar), and for some reason the preview window flashs back (in the task bar as well) and disappear again. Not a big issue, just thought to mention

Last edited by Alain2; 7th May 2007 at 12:44.
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 20:28   #722  |  Link
zemog

qwerpoi, for the new versions.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Spanish translation v1.3.8 & v1.3.9.rar (15.2 KB, 130 views)
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 06:30   #723  |  Link
killerhex

can this tool analyse wmv files
killerhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 08:04   #724  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
Arf the window width resizing bug is still there, but the sliders section automatically hides again when I don't use any

btw a funny thing is when I close avsp, both windows disappear (also from the task bar), and for some reason the preview window flashs back (in the task bar as well) and disappear again. Not a big issue, just thought to mention
I figured out the window resize bug, it'll be fixed in the next version. I'll try and see what's causing the flashing window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemog View Post
qwerpoi, for the new versions.
Thanks for the updated translation, I've updated the links accordingly. Just as a reminder to those using translation files, there's a bug in v1.3.9 that requires you to add the translation.py file in the library.zip file (in the lib directory, just drag and drop). This too will be fixed in the next version, sorry about the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhex View Post
can this tool analyse wmv files
Huh? If you mean can AvsP work with wmv files, a simple script like DirectShowSource("test.wmv") should do the trick. You can read the overview if you want to find out about what AvsP is and what it isn't.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 9th May 2007 at 08:13.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 20:30   #725  |  Link
canuckerfan

in the save as avi dialogue... is priority 0 normal and 2 high, with 1 in between?
canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 20:41   #726  |  Link
Alain2

Feature request: when using a separate video window, fully separate its behaviour from the script window. At the moment:
- minimising the script window minimises the video window as well
- if script window is minimised and video window maximised, making the script window appear again change the video window to a flotting one (not maximised) and refreshes it
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 23:03   #727  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckerfan View Post
in the save as avi dialogue... is priority 0 normal and 2 high, with 1 in between?
The save as avi dialog is simply a frontend for avs2avi, priority 0/1/2 is idle/normal/above normal, respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
Feature request: when using a separate video window, fully separate its behaviour from the script window. At the moment:
- minimising the script window minimises the video window as well
- if script window is minimised and video window maximised, making the script window appear again change the video window to a flotting one (not maximised) and refreshes it
Sounds reasonable, I'll see what I can do.

Incidentally, I won't be in town for the next week or so, my internet access there will be limited, so I may not be able to reply during that time. But I wanted to give you guys something to look forward to, so check out this screenshot of the next version of AvsP. There's a lot of details that still need ironing out, but what you're looking at is user sliders that have been automatically generated without any manual input. That means you just write a script, show the video, and you'll automatically get user sliders for every specified argument in the script. Not just user sliders, but string list selectors, boolean radio boxes, and filename pickers. Without any manual input. And if you're worried that there will be too many user sliders, you can hide user sliders for any filter by clicking the filter name, and there will be ways to customize which user sliders to automatically create. This version will hopefully be released within the month, it's going to be smoking...

Last edited by qwerpoi; 11th May 2007 at 23:17.
Old 11th May 2007, 23:47   #728  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

this prog is getting crazier by the day! awesome! waiting for v2.00
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 06:10   #729  |  Link
digitalone

awesome stuff qwerpoi! looking forward to v2.0!!
digitalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 23:47   #730  |  Link
Zarxrax

Wow, that looks awesome!

Feature request though:
Could we get some hotkeys for the DeleteFrame() and DuplicateFrame() functions? Sometimes there will be frames in the video that are just screwed up for some reason, and those functions are useful for cleaning up areas like that.

Also, would it be possible to give the interface higher priority than the video display? The reasoning being, you might make a mistake and do something which will take avisynth a LONG time to process a frame. In this situation it would be nice to be able to turn off the video display so you could fix your mistake immediately instead of having to wait on the frame to render.

Last edited by Zarxrax; 13th May 2007 at 00:17.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 02:02   #731  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
Could we get some hotkeys for the DeleteFrame() and DuplicateFrame() functions? Sometimes there will be frames in the video that are just screwed up for some reason, and those functions are useful for cleaning up areas like that.
Sounds like macros would fit the bill nicely. Make a text file in the macros subdirectory named something like "DeleteFrame.py", and add the following text:
Code:
frame = avsp.GetFrameNumber()
avsp.InsertText('\nDeleteFrame(%i)' % frame)
avsp.ShowVideoFrame(forceRefresh=True)
Restart AvsP, when you click on this macro in the Macros menu it will insert the DeleteFrame command with the current frame number at the end of the script and refresh the video. You can then assign a keyboard shortcut to this macro from the "Options -> Configure shortcuts..." dialog (the macros show up at the end of the list). Obviously making a DuplicateFrame macro would be very similar.

Quote:
Also, would it be possible to give the interface higher priority than the video display?
In order to do this, the video would have to be requested in a separate thread, and threading is unfortunately not my area of expertise. However, I was recently able to get a socket server running in a separate thread for the single instance option some people were requesting, so I'll look it over and give it a try, no guarantees though.
Old 15th May 2007, 09:42   #732  |  Link
Henrikx

@qwerpoi
CT software collection 11.05.2007 with AvsP
http://www.heise.de/ct/ (German)
Software-Kollektion 3/07, c't 11/07
http://www.heise.de/software/default.shtml?s=cdd&id=51

Old 19th May 2007, 13:32   #733  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

any possibility to add find/replace across all the files that are open?

thank you.
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 13:40   #734  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

I'm not sure if this has been asked but here goes:

If I decided to use the "slider" feature, would AvsP automatically remove the extra text I typed?

for example:

deen("w3d", 3, 3, [<"ti", 0, 10, 5>])

would become deen("w3d", 3, 3, 5).

Thanks for the replies.
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 14:14   #735  |  Link
gzarkadas

@qwerpoi

Could you consider in a future release an additional category, "external function", in dialog "Options"|"Avisynth function definition...", "Function type" field ? Although not that important, it would help to better classify the functions of my library.

Thanks anyway for this great app; I have at last found my Avisynth editor of choice .
Old 19th May 2007, 14:56   #736  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthel View Post
I'm not sure if this has been asked but here goes:

If I decided to use the "slider" feature, would AvsP automatically remove the extra text I typed?

for example:

deen("w3d", 3, 3, [<"ti", 0, 10, 5>])

would become deen("w3d", 3, 3, 5).

Thanks for the replies.
Yup, that's exactly what happens in the preview and when you save the file. =D
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 15:23   #737  |  Link
BruceL

it's going to be smoking...

Quote:
This version will hopefully be released within the month, it's going to be smoking...
@qwerpoi

Sounds like a donation button is in order!

Thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited by BruceL; 19th May 2007 at 15:30.
BruceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:49   #738  |  Link
max24

Is possible AR feature planned?

max24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 22:29   #739  |  Link
jamieuk

yer its comming in the future
jamieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 02:33   #740  |  Link
Zarxrax

I don't know if anyone else encounters this problem, but most of the time if I try to use the save avi feature it wont work. Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't. There is no error or anything... it simply doesn't encode anything.

If avsp had some better encoding options, this thing could take over vdub for almost all of my video processing tasks
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote