Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th January 2017, 08:25   #42181  |  Link
adhara

Guys,

Did you experience issues on video with the latest Madvr versions and Jriver on Windows 10 Pro x64 ?
FSE and 10 bits output don't work for me (stick at D3D11 windowed (8 bits)).

I opened a thread on the Jriver forum with screenshoots

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...,109128.0.html
adhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 22:51   #42182  |  Link
huhn

press control+alt+shift+F12

edit: rip context

Last edited by huhn; 28th January 2017 at 13:02.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 04:56   #42183  |  Link
ausvette

Profile Rule for 3d?

How do I setup a profile rule for 3d?

I'm playing back iso's and I tried filename="*.iso" but that didn't work.

Thanks!
ausvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 05:01   #42184  |  Link
Q-the-STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausvette View Post
How do I setup a profile rule for 3d?

I'm playing back iso's and I tried filename="*.iso" but that didn't work.

Thanks!
You're overthinking things....
you just need
if (3D)
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 12:53   #42185  |  Link
ausvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
You're overthinking things....
you just need
if (3D)
Perfect, thankyou!
ausvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 01:09   #42186  |  Link
BluesFanUK

Ok i'm stumped on this one. Whenever I play some 1080 WMV videos and I fast forward or rewind the video, it stutters for about three or four seconds, then resumes play, and in that stutter time frame it is not dropping any frames. It never used to happen.

I've lowered all the settings in MadVR for 1080 just to make sure i'm not over taxing my 980ti, not fixed it.

Any idea what's causing it?

The audio keeps playing, but the video stutters for a few seconds at the same time, i've no idea what the clock deviation means but it disappears then has a huge percentage when it comes back.

Just an FYI - my PC is 5820K, 16GB RAM, 980ti, latest version of Windows 10 if that helps.

Last edited by BluesFanUK; 29th January 2017 at 01:50.
BluesFanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 05:35   #42187  |  Link
Arm3nian

Anyone know why the render queue stays at 7-8 for me until I go exclusive mode? Then it jumps to 23-24/24, and rendering time drops by 3-5ms.
Arm3nian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 14:59   #42188  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3nian View Post
Anyone know why the render queue stays at 7-8 for me until I go exclusive mode? Then it jumps to 23-24/24, and rendering time drops by 3-5ms.
Sounds like good design logic to me. Keep stress on the GPU low when a large queue isn't needed, then adjust according to need.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 15:26   #42189  |  Link
BluesFanUK

Solved my problem! (I think)

Couple posts up - Noticed certain videos were having this ridiculous stutter when I clicked rewind/forward. The audio played on but caused a major clock deviation, so the video stuttered for three or four seconds to match up.

I tried in both PotPlayer and MPC-HC and had the same issue, ruled out the video player. Turned off MadVR and the same videos paused themselves for a few seconds before resuming. Inspecting the properties I noticed both of them had the WMA Pro audio codec. Bit of google and found this:

I'm not sure this does, but I selected that filter in MPC-HC, blocked it, and the video now fast forwards/rewinds normally with MadVR as the video renderer. I'd welcome any explanation as to what happened there or if that option will cause problems further down the line. Cheers.

EDIT: Thinking about it could that just be a conflicting issue with LAV Audio? Didn't even know I had that installed.

Last edited by BluesFanUK; 29th January 2017 at 15:29.
BluesFanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 18:32   #42190  |  Link
Asmodian

That is Microsoft's WMAudio Decoder, it comes with Windows. There is nothing wrong with blocking it in you media player.

It is amazing how little MS invests in stable media playback.
Old 29th January 2017, 21:27   #42191  |  Link
Animus120

Is anyone having problem with subtitle not showing in screenshot?
I've been using madVR 0.89.6 + xysubfilter beta2 for quite sometime and I tried updating madVR to the latest + update xysubfilter to beta3 but for some reason when I take screenshot the subtitle doesn't show up in the screenshot.

But when I tried to use xysubfilter beta2 the subtitle show up again on screenshot but madVR keep giving me notification that xysubfilter version is outdated everytime I open a video.

Any help?
Animus120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 21:30   #42192  |  Link
sneaker_ger

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=19730
Does it help?
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 21:52   #42193  |  Link
Animus120

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Yep I've been using that setting in my madvr + xysubfilter beta2 forever and tried it in beta3 and still no subtitle so I don't know why. That's why I came here
Old 29th January 2017, 22:10   #42194  |  Link
sneaker_ger

"that setting"? The posts concerns more than a single setting. Also read the quote.

If it still doesn't work: sample please.
Old 29th January 2017, 22:45   #42195  |  Link
Animus120

Quote:
"that setting"? The posts concerns more than a single setting. Also read the quote.

If it still doesn't work: sample please.
I mean I already know about the link that you give to me and that fixed the problem when I used madVR 0.89.6+xysubfilter beta2.

But when I updated to the latest madVR+xysubfilter beta3 the screenshot that I take doesn't show subtitle at all, yet when I stay on the latest madVR but use the xysubfilter beta2 again the subtitle show up in the screenshot.

I already make sure I use the 64 bit version too so I don't know what went wrong. I don't know what you mean by sample though, like screenshot of my setting?
Old 29th January 2017, 23:05   #42196  |  Link
sneaker_ger

(A part) of the file you are trying to play and make a screenshot of.

That said I did a short test and despite having XySubFilter set to use the original video size it doesn't work when not using 100% zoom which would contradict the quote. It might be a regression, then. Are you not using 100% zoom or is the file anamorphic?
Old 29th January 2017, 23:27   #42197  |  Link
Animus120

Quote:
(A part) of the file you are trying to play and make a screenshot of.

That said I did a short test and despite having XySubFilter set to use the original video size it doesn't work when not using 100% zoom which would contradict the quote. It might be a regression, then. Are you not using 100% zoom or is the file anamorphic?
I'm just watching anime mostly nothing too advanced so I'm pretty sure it's not anamorphic. I already use original video size on XySubFilter beta3 and 100% zoom just now to take this screenshot and still no subtitle shows up on screenshot even though it show up just fine while watching the video.

I'm not exactly sure why this happens though, I tried going back using XySubFilter beta2 again and the subtitle show up but I got the annoying "XySubFilter is outdated" message everytime I start opening a video.

Old 29th January 2017, 23:59   #42198  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I don't know, then. Looks like a bug. Hopefully in madvr because XySubFilter is mostly abandoned. (But again: it works with 100% zoom for me, XySubFilter 3.1.0.746)
Old 30th January 2017, 01:05   #42199  |  Link
Animus120

Quote:
I don't know, then. Looks like a bug. Hopefully in madvr because XySubFilter is mostly abandoned. (But again: it works with 100% zoom for me, XySubFilter 3.1.0.746)
I hope so, I tried doing what you did doing 100% Zoom (Pressing Alt+3) just to make sure and it still didnt do anything for me so that's why I come here to see if anyone knows what's going on
Old 30th January 2017, 11:38   #42200  |  Link
octal9

or do screencaps the easy way - use a screencap program to do the work for you. i personally prefer greenshot - it's open source, free, can do lossless png, and best of all it will get you around having to mess with your settings!
octal9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling