Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th June 2003, 14:45   #1  |  Link
brainstorm

Which is the best way to store dv material

Hello! I have a few problems, could you please help me.

All my mini dv cassettess are full so i would like to clean it and transfer dv material to hard disk, but momentaly i don't have a dvd burner.
Which is the best way to store dv material until I buy it and burn it on dvds.
Should first edit and it with pinnacle studio 8 and save it with mainconcept dv codec (or maybe Huffyuv 2.1.1. LossLessCodec, but if I use it I get huge avi and when play it is like a slide show, maybe because of processor 840MHz) and than encode avi with tmpgenc plus to mpeg2 and leave it on the disk until i buy burner and than finally make chapter menu with ulead dvd workshop and burn it.
Pinnacle studio offer everything of this in one step but i don't like it's dvd codec which isn't as good as tmpgenc's plus.

Is it possible to burn 2 or 3 different movies on a dvd. For example one is 40min and the other 30min long is it posible to burn both on a single DVD or do I have to combine it in one file.

Why Pinnacle saids you have space for 69 minutes of high quality video but tmpgenc said if authored with mp2 audio movie can be recorded up to 235 min. As well as I put on 3000 kbits/s 37% quality pinnacle saids you can put only 175 minutes on DVD.

Thanks!
brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 23:12   #2  |  Link
oddyseus

I am having the same problem with dv material, even though I have a dvd burner. I am just short of time for transfering them to dvd.

I decided to keep the tapes cause the encoding in there is at 28mbs instead of max 9mbs that I can get in dvd.

I will keep the original recording, in tape, even after transfering them to dvd. I made a capture list in Premiere describing each clip, so there is a dbase reference of what is where.

"when u r aiming for the impossible everything else is within reach." Mike

ps. respect the forum rules, read, search and only then post.
oddyseus is offline   Reply With Quote