Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2011, 01:44   #4041  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Catalyst View Post
thanks flebber,

another issue which has caused me many of headaches lately,

for Xmas, i got a Box-set Startrek TNG & DS9

been converting TNG over to x264 using Staxrip, just started DS9, but the DVD structure is different,

I.E.

VTS_02_1.VOB - VTS_02_8.VOB

in those files are 4 Episodes,

but Staxrip doesn't read the IFO files, which is causing me a headache, because after the encode i have to split (i use mkvmerge), this was ok, and a trade off i accepted,

but then came disk 6, this disk has all the extras for season one, 20 different clips all combined in the VOB files,
if there anyway of forcing Staxrip to read the IFO files, and get the relevant information needed to process the individual files on these types of disks?

if not, then can i hereby put in a request for IFO processing for the future, because i can't continue to use Staxrip now, splitting over 20 clips, is too much,

ALSO more importantly, the clips have different aspect ratio's and should be processed individually so the correct calculations can be made, if all the VOB files are treated as one, then Staxrip will only make the one AutoCrop, which has caused problems, some of the clips have different bars in different places, and Autocrop needs to be done on each Chain,

in fact been messing around with staxrip, if staxrip can't access the IFO files, then staxrip is really more tailored for Film DVD's and not EPISODE DVD's, hopefully when Stax returns, he can introduce IFO processing as an option,

EDIT

someone mentioned in another forum to use a DVDRipper that puts the files in separate VOB files, but that is a nightmare, and not really an option, i spent nearly 3 days ripping my DVD box-sets to my two Harddrives, to hell doing that all over again, LOL,
Possible my favourite solution to your problem would be to use makemkv. http://makemkv.com/
Old 9th January 2011, 05:56   #4042  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

i dug out DVD Shrink earlier, scanned through my SOFTWARE\VIDEO\ folders, looked at some old tools, there it was, DVD Shrink, dusted of the dust (b)ites, and got it in,

totally forgot DVD Shrink had re-authoring mode, and because of it's maturity, bug free, and no hidden issues, i turned off All decryption capabilities, the ISO's are already decrypted, everything is going like a treat,

it's not all lost, I've removed foreign audio and subtitles in there entirety, approx. 1.2GB shaved off each disk, Staxrip (DGIndex) will obviously process each disk that little faster, and there's something about DVD Shrink which is a real pleasure seeing again, DVD Shrink really was an amazing program for it's time, such a clean interface, modern even by today standards,

I'm just over the moon that I don't have to re-rip the DVD's again, granted I still have to process the current ISO's i have (HD1 to HD2, then back to HD1)

but next time I'll know, don't assume the 2nd boxset "DS9" will be the same as the 1st "TNG"

thanks for your response,

although i still think it would be a good idea for Staxrip to have the ability to identify each chain itself, and do these 3-6 extra step itself,

FUW, AutoGK, Handbrake too name a few,

but Stax is great, and is my number one, produces such great quality ASP & H264,

the one downside it has for me is the subtitle section, the way it's hidden away, and quite often i can't get it too handle forced subs automatically, and the GUI is very reluctant to share any hints regarding Subs, in fact no mention of Subs on the main screen at all, weird why that is,

the startrek films i had to do on "FUW", because i couldn't get Stax to do the forced subs only, (tried before aswell couple of months ago, "Avatar", but like then still couldn't get it too work)
Old 9th January 2011, 08:52   #4043  |  Link
burfadel

The combined vob files aren't uncommon, you just have to use the previes and cut feature for each ep. Basically do the first one, click next, add it to the job queue, then simply change the filename to reflect the new name (say from 'c:\ds9 1x01.mkv', only replacing the 1 to 2, to read 'c:\ds9 1x02.mkv', then use preview again. The cursor position will be where you left it, at the end of the first ep, simply press x to delete that edit, use the buttons to move a few frames forward to just at the beginning of the next ep, and select the next ep. Repeat this process for the 4 eps. Don't use dgindex etc to cut the files, as sometimes you can run into issues with that way, and also make sure you end and especially start the ep and the beginning of the ep, as you may end up with sync issues if you select from the end of the previous ep and there's a couple of seconds of blank screen where the timecodes and ep changes...

Anyways, it is a little bit of hassle, but really doesn't take much time to do it once you are used to it. It would be nice to have an IFO reader though!
Old 9th January 2011, 10:42   #4044  |  Link
Sharc

Another option is to try HDConvertToX. It reads the .ifo and allows to select the PGCs individually.
But yes, DVDShrink's re-authoring mode is incredibly convenient and helpful for may purposes still.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:18   #4045  |  Link
-scallywag-

Hi.

I have problems to change the framerate in staxrip.

I want to convert files from my camcorder (H.264/1080p50) with staxrip. The target video should be H.264 7020p25 (drop every second frame with x264) for vimeo.

Staxrip dont have switches to do this, so i add "--fps 25" to commanline, but the target video is still 50p.

Can anyone help me? Do I have to add more switches?

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by -scallywag-; 10th January 2011 at 11:16.
Old 10th January 2011, 13:41   #4046  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

staxrip does have "Assume 25 FPS" or "Assume 23.976 FPS"

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/AssumeFPS

you can add - misc - assume

i have no idea if this is what your looking for, but changing FPS to half is a considerable amount, the audio will also have to be adjusted, the effect that will have on the audio will be staggering.

another way i found with google,

Right-click the Field filter and choose: Advanced > SelectEven

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Select

and

I figured it out myself

add the avisynth script command:-

ChangeFPS(25)

to the script and the output now is 25fps

I am so clever Smiley

these were quotes i found from other websites with the exception of the 1st,
Old 10th January 2011, 16:48   #4047  |  Link
liquidskin76

Hi Stax,

I'm getting the following error after demuxing...

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Here's the bug report... http://pastebin.com/vTavihZV

I'm seeing this on the last two versions. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 17:32   #4048  |  Link
Remicade

How to make to automatically insert SetMTMode(2,0) in every script ? Options/Filters/Code inserted at top of scripts don't save changes ....
Old 10th January 2011, 21:26   #4049  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remicade View Post
How to make to automatically insert SetMTMode(2,0) in every script ? Options/Filters/Code inserted at top of scripts don't save changes ....
Start up staxrip, setup stax the way you want filters setmode whatever and then choose save as template.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:29   #4050  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidskin76 View Post
Hi Stax,

I'm getting the following error after demuxing...

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Here's the bug report... http://pastebin.com/vTavihZV

I'm seeing this on the last two versions. Any ideas?

Thanks
What type of file and settings? can you load the file in virtualdub?
Old 11th January 2011, 07:11   #4051  |  Link
Remicade

The problem is SetMTMode must be in the first line, if I save as a template, load avi, load template SetMTMode is on the third line and don't work. I will use instead MT, is big difference between SetMTMode and MT ?
Old 11th January 2011, 10:57   #4052  |  Link
liquidskin76

It's any BD backup, irrespective of codec. Funny thing is StaxRip was working fine, so i'm thinking maybe it's non-StaxRip related, like maybe a Windows update to .NET. I'm on Win7.

Cheers
Old 15th January 2011, 13:43   #4053  |  Link
Arti

I changed the x264 64bit 8bit-depth and I have this error

Last edited by Arti; 15th January 2011 at 13:46.
Old 17th January 2011, 02:37   #4054  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

hi, got a box set of Star Trek TNG, DS9 & Voyager for myself this Xmas,

in the process of converting them,

PAL

DivX Plus (Slow)
ABR 80Kbps
233MB File Size,
No Resize,
croped 720x to 688

the problem is i have noticed a wobble on one or two scenes (maybe more) on the far left of the screen, "only with Voyager"

http://www.mediafire.com/?msknbtbi3oc64d8 (i have cut the section here....only 3mb)

the quality of the encodes are great, but my question is this,

has this issue ever been seen before, & is it related to the Encoder (x264) or is this related to one of the Avisynth filters that Stax is using?

i have checked the source MPEG (VOB) files and no problem, i ripped the DVD again just in case, but it keeps happening, always on this scene,

i have tried now 5 times, it keeps doing it,

i know a lot of things get ignored here....... but PLEASE, this is a strange issue, this wobble on the scene happens to the left of the image, all the way down the left side of the screen,

thanks,
Old 17th January 2011, 05:31   #4055  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Are you using ffms2 or dgindexnv ?
Old 17th January 2011, 06:57   #4056  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

windows XP, stax uses DGIndex i believe,

but in all honesty i have no idea what ffms2 is,

i use staxrip, with practically default settings,

no errors of any-kind occurred, just that weird wobble on the far left of the screen, and it is repeatable,

i have seen many de-interlace problems, telecine issues, etc,

but never a wobble like that and only on the far left of the image in question?
Old 17th January 2011, 10:27   #4057  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Catalyst View Post
windows XP, stax uses DGIndex i believe,

but in all honesty i have no idea what ffms2 is,

i use staxrip, with practically default settings,

no errors of any-kind occurred, just that weird wobble on the far left of the screen, and it is repeatable,

i have seen many de-interlace problems, telecine issues, etc,

but never a wobble like that and only on the far left of the image in question?
Okay I tend to use ffms with staxrip as I like the result. In your filters change automatic to FFvideosource and then try your encode.

I am not sure what version of ffms staxrip has by default but I am using 2.14 which is available here http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsourc...mt.7z&can=2&q=

You can check your version in tools -> application -> Source Filters -> ffms2.

If you want to change versions you will find the ffms2 folder here in staxrip subfolders C:\Staxrip\Applications\AviSynth plugins, you might want to rename the ffms2 folder to backup_ffms2. Then create a new ffms2 folder and extract your download to that folder.

Next F11 and select ffms2.dll in your new staxrip location, then okay, then F12 and change version to 2.14. Let staxrip and let me know how result is.
Old 17th January 2011, 10:29   #4058  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti View Post
I changed the x264 64bit 8bit-depth and I have this error

I am assuing that if you tried to load your script into MPC-HC or Virtual dub it would error. Its an avisynth error.
Old 17th January 2011, 21:44   #4059  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

thanks flebber, I'll give it a go,

thankyou for responding, this issue really puzzled me!

Staxrip 1.1.7.0 says it comes with 3.27, i have checked, it's wrong, it comes with 2.13

how do i change the automatic source to FFms2?

i have in the list,

Automatic
Mpegsource
Avisource
FFVideosource
DGSource
Advance > mpegsource deblock dgsource x2

not sure where ffms2 is?

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 17th January 2011 at 21:56.
Old 17th January 2011, 22:12   #4060  |  Link
fabje

I'm trying to build DGAVCDecDI into Staxrip.
I have it now so far that I see the program in: Tools > Settings > Demuxing and I have add it in Tools > Applications > Demuxing & Muxing and Source Filters.

But now when I load a .ts file it will demux it with ProjectX and DGIndex but after this it should go back to Staxrip, but instead of that it wants to demux it again with DGAVCDecDI.
Someone here knows how I can fix this?
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265