Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2010, 23:25   #4001  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Try eac3to
Old 7th November 2010, 08:51   #4002  |  Link
Famille_CB

Tank's for the tip but I've got the same noise with EAC3to.
I don't understand why the command line talk about Besweet when I choose EAC3to:

EAC3to:

Besweet:

I think it's normal that I've got the same noise if I use the same encoder. Is there a bug I the fabulous StaxRip?

Thank's for your help.
Old 7th November 2010, 09:36   #4003  |  Link
Famille_CB

Hello,

In fact I think I have find the problem with EACto3. It's impossible to encode wav to vorbis with eac3to. It's ok for ACC, AC3, FLAC, DTS.

Does EAC3to have a de-dynamic option like besweet? If it's possible I would lik to use the commande line option like in this screen:

Thank's.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:03   #4004  |  Link
fantasmanegro

does anybody know how to make 5.1 ac3 to 3.1 aac? i mean Left, Center, Right, Surround?

thx!
Old 9th November 2010, 10:27   #4005  |  Link
gottkaiser

@stax76
At first many thanks for developing this great tool. It is a great help for me.
I have a small improvement request. It might be helpful for others too.
You might add an option for the "Default track flag" (see mkvmerge) settings in the subtitle menu. So that you can include a subtitle without it showing up automatically.
At the moment I have to open the created video file with mkvmerge to change the parameter to "no". Would be great to set it right from the beginning.

In any case,
Thanks for the creation of StaxRip.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:49   #4006  |  Link
sneack

hi

I have converted a file from AVI extension to ( MKV ) .. after fininshing the converting I found out that the sound has been cut at the last 10 minutes from the secene ( just to know the duration is about 42 minutes ) .. I think the problem is about the "sound code "m4a , may I have your overtures and suggestions to solve this error ?
Old 15th November 2010, 09:59   #4007  |  Link
Famille_CB

Oggenc2 on StaxRip

Hello,

I'm back with my noise at the end of an ogg file encoded by besweet via StaxRip.
I used to use Staxrip to create video 720p with x264 (for video) and ogg (for audio). Ogg is for me the must power full encoder for audio.

To make you understand, I upload a file, it is not an 720p file, it's a smaller one, you can find it here :

http://uploading.com/files/3655cff2/San%2Btitre.7z/

In this file youcan find:
* Sans titre.mkv => The audio + video encoded file
* Sans titre.wav => The original wav file.
* Sans titre_Output.OGG => The noisy file encoded by Besweet via Staxrip.
* Sans titre.ogg => The encoded file using Oggenc2 via xrecodeII

I read some forum and I found that this noise is a known problem.
As you can ear, the xrecode file (Sans titre.ogg) is noise less.
I just want to know how I can use Oggenc2.exe with StaxRip; if yes how can I do.
Is there a solution with this version of StaxRip?

Thank's a lot.

PS : I edit the original wav file and the besweet encoded file in SoundForge.

As you can see the noise is visible at the end of the file (on the bottom of the image).
What can you tell about this?

Thank's a lot one more time.

Last edited by Famille_CB; 15th November 2010 at 10:36.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:56   #4008  |  Link
Gannjunior

@stax

Hi,

in some occasion (mpeg2 source 576i to h264) staxrip crashes with the error attached.

could you help me?

Thanks!

Ciao
Attached Images

P6T| 12Gb DDR3| i7-920 D0@3.8Ghz@1.168v+NOCTUA NH-U12P| Liberty 620| Stacker|2xRAID0 (4x500gb) Seag.72k.11| Seag. 500gb 72k.12| Seag. 1.5Tb 72k.11| GTX470@668/1843| U2410 24"| Se7en x64 on VRapt 300gb
Old 15th November 2010, 17:43   #4009  |  Link
cegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famille_CB View Post
Hello,

I'm back with my noise at the end of an ogg file encoded by besweet via StaxRip.
I used to use Staxrip to create video 720p with x264 (for video) and ogg (for audio). Ogg is for me the must power full encoder for audio.

To make you understand, I upload a file, it is not an 720p file, it's a smaller one, you can find it here :

http://uploading.com/files/3655cff2/San%2Btitre.7z/

In this file youcan find:
* Sans titre.mkv => The audio + video encoded file
* Sans titre.wav => The original wav file.
* Sans titre_Output.OGG => The noisy file encoded by Besweet via Staxrip.
* Sans titre.ogg => The encoded file using Oggenc2 via xrecodeII

I read some forum and I found that this noise is a known problem.
As you can ear, the xrecode file (Sans titre.ogg) is noise less.
I just want to know how I can use Oggenc2.exe with StaxRip; if yes how can I do.
Is there a solution with this version of StaxRip?

Thank's a lot.

PS : I edit the original wav file and the besweet encoded file in SoundForge.

As you can see the noise is visible at the end of the file (on the bottom of the image).
What can you tell about this?

Thank's a lot one more time.
also i've notice staxrip doesn't encode ogg into abr/vbr and only cbr even if i choose abr/vbr i think this is a bug could you please fix this
Old 17th November 2010, 14:35   #4010  |  Link
Arti

Stax - how to fix it?

Old 17th November 2010, 14:53   #4011  |  Link
turok
The Lazy One

Location: The TurokZone. Next Door are the heavens, hells, and on the backside the void
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti View Post
Stax - how to fix it?

/facepalm

whats the original filename?

get rid of any characters that isnt english and make sure that as far as symbols go use ones that are acceptable. as far i remember, only symbols i can recall atm is ( ) [ ] - _ maybe some more but otherwise yeah.

"Always try to understand the perspective of not only yourself but others as well"

Am a fanboy of StaxRip
Old 17th November 2010, 16:33   #4012  |  Link
willscarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famille_CB View Post
Hello,

[...]
I downloaded your file and could not hear a noise. But the file encoded with stax/besweet is something like 0.62 dB louder than the other ogg-file.

Have you tried updating the libvorbis.dll in the staxrip/applications/besweet folder with a newer one from rarewares.org?

greetings
Henrik
Old 17th November 2010, 18:19   #4013  |  Link
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
/facepalm

get rid of any characters that isnt english and make sure that as far as symbols go use ones that are acceptable. as far i remember, only symbols i can recall atm is ( ) [ ] - _ maybe some more but otherwise yeah.

Turok Thanks!

I deleted the entire name and I entered a new and well
Old 17th November 2010, 20:39   #4014  |  Link
Famille_CB

Noise at the end of a besweet encoded file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willscarlett View Post
I downloaded your file and could not hear a noise. But the file encoded with stax/besweet is something like 0.62 dB louder than the other ogg-file.

Have you tried updating the libvorbis.dll in the staxrip/applications/besweet folder with a newer one from rarewares.org?

greetings
Henrik
Hello,

Thank you for you help but...
In first, you can only ear the noise with some software (media player classic for example). To be sure you can edit the file with some software (Audacity for example). You'll understand that the noise is here because you came see it; look at this file : .

In second, I try to change the "libvorbis.dll" but this is the same problem.

For the difference between the 2 file "Sans titre.ogg" and "Sans titre_Output.OGG" it's normal because I apply a dynamic compression + normalization with the file encoded by besweet.

I really appreciate your help but The problem is not solved for the moment.

Thank's a lot.
Old 21st November 2010, 13:57   #4015  |  Link
myksto
StaxRip Fan

How to uncrop a video?

Hello to everybody.
I've been using staxrip for a very long time and recently I need to uncrop some video files (i.e. in a mkv container) to a standard size to make them blu ray compliant. I mean I have a movie whose is 1920x800 and I need to make it 1920x1080 re-encoding it and adding black bars up and down.
I tried with some options in menu but with no result: if the movie is 1920x800 Starip won't let me encode it to any other height beyond 800.

Tools like multiavchhd lets you "uncrop" any source video and it looks like it can do tha with a simple avisinth script row (i.e. addborders(x,x,x,x,) ). I tried to use in staxrip but with no result (I'm not familar with avisinth script).

Is there a way to do what I need using staxrip??

Thanks a lot.

Michele.
Old 21st November 2010, 22:10   #4016  |  Link
sneack

plz guys help me
Old 21st November 2010, 23:29   #4017  |  Link
DragooNick

How to increase volume?

Hey is there a way to make one audio stream louder?
Since i mada an DVD into an MP4 Container [AAC Sound] for my PSP and its way too quiet :/
But the dynamic is great and I dont want to lose it so, I just want to make it louder
I made it with Avidemux, but that can't be a solution to open a container again just to make the audio stream 5db louder, that should also be possible with Staxrip when I make the file for the first time! for any help
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:03   #4018  |  Link
northerns74r

At the end of the encoding it came out with this message:

In the image it says C:\Documents\Frank... but I don't know any Frank

I attach even the ERROR LOG...
LOG

Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance.
Old 25th November 2010, 00:39   #4019  |  Link
willscarlett

Hello! I am back with a Problem ^^

I have directories containing multiple mkv-files containing dvd-material, that i would like to compress using almost the same settings for each output file. I understand that "file batch" should be the mode to use. BUT!:
When I open the files in file-batch-mode and have "create jobs" turned on, staxrip does not do the preparations (demuxing/indexing etc.) so I get Jobs that I can not edit or start due to missing files/scripts etc.
When I disable "create jobs" staxrip does the preparations for each file, but closes the files afterwards so that I can't do anything but re-open the files in single-mode. But if I do that, the Preparations are done all over again, so the Batch did not make any sense.

What am I doing wrong? I just would like the preparations being performed and jobs created which I can edit before hitting "start" (I need to apply some manual cutting to some of the files)

Is it a bug or a feature? ^^

Thx in Advance!
Old 25th November 2010, 11:36   #4020  |  Link
Mr_No

I've been having a minor problem since using Staxrip for the first time, the encodes look great and the app is easy to use but...

I've noticed that all of my encodes using x264/ac3/mkv whilst cutting and resizing to 1280x720 suffer from very minor pixelation around 38 seconds in.

The source files are 1080i H264 TS rips from satellite TV via a Dreambox.

I've tried encoding on 3 different PCs and a few older releases of Staxrip and I keep getting the same problem

Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265