Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2009, 15:29   #2241  |  Link
Havokdan

The error message that appeared was saying it was missing those same dlls, so I went on the official mkvtoolnix and downloaded the version 7z. Anyway, so I finish the conversion here, I put the log here.

Ah, the conversion of the audio worked this time, but I have doubts about the final size of the file, but is completing the conversion of the video.

I just saw the problem again of mkvtoolnix, the error message that appears is not the StaxRip, but Windows, saying that lack the dlls mentioned.

In this version, the StaxRip is consuming more resources on my pc is slow and sometimes gives an error message. Net framework is so heavy that the program is, I mean the beginning of conversion, especially in relation to the previous version. My pc is Semprom 1.8 GHz, 1 GB ram, ATI Radeon 9250, in Windows XP SP3.

last time I edit this post.

Last edited by Havokdan; 31st August 2009 at 16:02. Reason: Many edits in post
Old 31st August 2009, 19:30   #2242  |  Link
Havokdan

I made it, ran the conversion now But I have two questions: 1 - Sampling rate of audio aac was 48 when I convert to mp3 it stays with 24.0 KHz,does not leave the same as the original?; 2 - As mentioned in the post above, the program is very slow and cumbersome the system, I realized that the peak and when the log starts to display the settings of the video codec, in my case Xvid, example:

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------
                First Pass Codec Parameters
------------------------------------------------------------

ar_mode: 0
ar_x: 4
ar_y: 3
aspect_ratio: 0
audio_mode: 0
audio_rate: 128
audio_size: 0
audio_type: 0
bitrate: 931
bquant_offset: 100
bquant_ratio: 162
Brightness: 0
chromame: 1
container_type: 1
curve_compression_high: 0
curve_compression_low: 0
Deblock_UV: 0
Deblock_Y: 0
debug: 0
Dering_UV: 0
Dering_Y: 0
desired_quant: 200
desired_size: 155081
discard1pass: 1
display_status: 0
FilmEffect: 0
fourcc_used: 2
fps: 2
frame_drop_ratio: 0
full1pass: 0
gmc: 0
hours: 1
interlacing: 0
keyframe_boost: 10
kfreduction: 20
kfthreshold: 1
lum_masking: 0
max_bframes: 1
max_bquant: 31
max_iquant: 31
max_key_interval: 300
max_pquant: 31
min_bquant: 1
min_iquant: 1
min_pquant: 1
minutes: 30
mode: 1
motion_search: 6
num_threads: 0
num_zones: 1
overflow_control_strength: 5
packed: 1
par_x: 1
par_y: 1
profile: Xvid Home Theatre NTSC
qpel: 0
quality: Real-time
quant_type: 0
rc_averaging_period: 100
rc_buffer: 100
rc_reaction_delay_factor: 16
seconds: 0
stats: E:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Meus documentos\The KMPlayer\Higashi no Eden 04 temp files\Higashi no Eden 04.pass
subtitle_size: 0
target_size: 665600
tff: 0
trellis_quant: 1
turbo: 0
twopass_max_overflow_degradation: 5
twopass_max_overflow_improvement: 5
use_2pass_bitrate: 0
use_bvop: 1
vhq_bframe: 0
vhq_mode: 1
vop_debug: 0
zone0_bvop_threshold: 0
zone0_cartoon_mode: 0
zone0_chroma_opt: 0
zone0_frame: 0
zone0_greyscale: 0
zone0_mode: 0
zone0_quant: 500
zone0_type: 0
zone0_weight: 100
Old 31st August 2009, 19:35   #2243  |  Link
stax76

@Havokdan

Is the error triggered by mkvmerge, mkvinfo or mkvextract, demuxing uses mkvinfo and mkvextract and muxing uses mkvmerge. I hope you post log files, you can also mail me, there is a mail menu item in the main menu.

Quote:
In this version, the StaxRip is consuming more resources on my pc
The external applications dialog was using a custom WinForms control 350 lines code, this was coded before WPF was available, I replaced this with WPF code because I need to learn WPF for StaxPlayer and I'm also trying to write lightweight code. The WPF version is six times smaller. WPF is amazing but it comes at the cost of resources but if you don't open the external applications dialog it won't increase memory consumption.

Quote:
and sometimes gives an error message
What did it tell?
Old 31st August 2009, 19:39   #2244  |  Link
cbsjanten

@ stax76

Quote:
DGAVCDec gave me exceptions in the preview
yes i does that here too...i use r to rebuild it

ill try the new stax and return in this thread

and as you say about the avchd....not many people knows mutch about the format
here in europe we are stuck with it thu

thx for your help so far
Old 31st August 2009, 19:42   #2245  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Sampling rate of audio aac was 48 when I convert to mp3 it stays with 24.0 KHz,does not leave the same as the original?
I noticed this too but didn't investigate where it was downsampled, I suspect it happens here:

ffmpeg -i <source.m4a> -ac 2 <target.wav>

We need a audio expert to find out how to deal with this.

@cbsjanten

If you want to use DGAVCDec you could try the new option 'Decode and downmix to stereo' where you can define to decode using BeSweet or ffmpeg. As soon as there are more free HD channels in germany which is hopefully soon I'll try to convert things myself. Afaik some people demux with txmuxer, I don't know if there are people having StaxRip configured to use tsmuxer.

Last edited by stax76; 31st August 2009 at 19:53.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:47   #2246  |  Link
cbsjanten

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@cbsjanten

If you want to use DGAVCDec you could try the new option 'Decode and downmix to stereo' where you can define to decode using BeSweet or ffmpeg. As soon as there are more free HD channels in germany which is hopefully soon I'll try to convert things myself. Afaik some people demux with txmuxer, I don't know if there are people having StaxRip configured to use tsmuxer.
Let me know if you want some 3 gb samples of a hole show
ill be more than happy to provide it to u in private for testing purpose ofc

the downmix would ba a shame....i use the encodings on my mediacenter and i just love the 5.1 sound
my mediacenter cant handle the 1080i h264 thu..its an old machine

but u did manage to get it in sync with ffdshow?
ill test coreavc and ffdshow then
Old 31st August 2009, 21:07   #2247  |  Link
stax76

@cbsjanten

What are your preferred target formats?
Old 31st August 2009, 21:08   #2248  |  Link
cbsjanten

x264 .mkv
Old 31st August 2009, 21:10   #2249  |  Link
stax76

audio?
Old 31st August 2009, 21:14   #2250  |  Link
cbsjanten

same as input .ac3 most shows are in 5.1 90% or more i think...just the damm comercials there are in 2.0 ch
Old 31st August 2009, 21:42   #2251  |  Link
stax76

StaxRip uses VirtualDubMod to cut AC3 and this fails with your stream as there are different channels and maybe also stream errors since it's a capture. I don't know which cutter would work. You could start a dedicated thread to find out if there is a tool that can handle the job. Maybe AAC or Vorbis 5.1 would also be acceptable. In this case decoding it to 5.1 wav could be tried. This would create a rather large wav file. If here nobody knows a solution maybe people at the DVBViewer forum know more.

Last edited by stax76; 31st August 2009 at 21:45.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:50   #2252  |  Link
cbsjanten

ye....but before when the source was 720p....i did cut it right....there was the same changes in audio at that time...i did use stax 1.1.1.0 at that time but i guess its not because its a new vdmod that causes the troubles?
ill try look into the way i record it and proceed

thx many times for taking the time to help me....i really appreciate it
Old 31st August 2009, 22:11   #2253  |  Link
Havokdan

Quote:
What did it tell?
I tried to reproduce the error here, however, it did not happen again, but here comes one: (, though not serious, when the encode finishes, although the conversion completed successfully (I tested the file and it played usually here) StaxRip displays a message at the end of that encode saying encode failed, just do not know why, I will send the log via pm
Old 31st August 2009, 22:45   #2254  |  Link
stax76

@cbsjanten

I guess it's because it was MPEG-2 and that was processed with ProjectX and to my knowledge ProjectX don't support AVC sources.

@Havokdan

Thanks providing the log file, I'll investigate the encoding failed issue, did you notice the ffmpeg writing SBR not supported to the log file, I assume this is the reason for the downmixing, I'll try to find a newer ffmpeg versions with SBR support.

Edit: The performance issue you noticed was due to ffdshow writing a few thousand times 'SBR not implemented' to the log output. I can block it but that don't solve the problem SBR not being supported by ffdshow.

Last edited by stax76; 31st August 2009 at 23:19.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:32   #2255  |  Link
Havokdan

Thanks for help. Unable to decode the aac mkv home via directshowsource, or add this option? For before used the Avisinth (DirectShowSource) + Virtualdub (to encode the audio and video).
Old 1st September 2009, 00:10   #2256  |  Link
stax76

You mean you want StaxRip to decode aac using DirectShow since ffdshow can't handle SBR? I can help with this (tomorrow).
Old 1st September 2009, 03:42   #2257  |  Link
mindtrapper

Any way to import Sharktooth's xml profiles in Staxrip? Seems to only support srp files.

Thanks.
Old 1st September 2009, 08:52   #2258  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Any way to import Sharktooth's xml profiles in Staxrip? Seems to only support srp files.
This was removed and won't come back but it's not hard to create a profile from a given command line. There is a new search feature in the x264 dialog where you can enter a switch and StaxRip will show the control for the switch. x264 has built in profiles which are also useful of course.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:07   #2259  |  Link
PeteP

audio missing

Hi all,
I have problem with latest StaxRip. I use it to convert TV-recordings (Topfield 5100PVRc .rec's) into mkv's with AC sound. I demux files first with ProjectX (OoZooN.TV Edition) and StaxRip handles rest. The problem is that with this new temp directory feature my finished mkv files do not have audio at all.

It seems that when temp directory is created the program does not check is there separate audio file. The program does not notice anymore the original mp2 audiofile --> no sound.

So far I have used Staxrip to convert hundreds of files into mkv's so I was one happy jack before this new 'feature'. Please can you fix this? The queque is piling up
Old 1st September 2009, 15:17   #2260  |  Link
stax76

@PeteP

Hi and welcome at Doom9, please try the following: download the latest test build, I've posted the link to it a couple of posts before, convert a file, if there is no audio, go to Main Menu -> Help -> Make Bug Report, this creates some diagnostic files and tells you to mail these files to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265