Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 1st June 2002, 16:57   #201  |  Link
Koepi

Hm, a file with a list is easy top do:

just use fstream (ifstream / ofstream) to create/read the file, don't open it binary (it defaults to text) and then just used the built-in readline /writeline functions to paste the strings.
You could add a+ in front of a string to indicate it's a new directory.

or think about something clever like:

m2cdmfile 0.1
+this_is_one_dir
any_file_i_want.suffix
+this_is_two_dir
any_file_i_want.suffix
++this_is_two_and_one_dir
any_file_i_want.suffix
+++this_is_below_the_last_as_well_dir
any_file_i_want.suffix
+this_is_three_dir
any_file_i_want.suffix

so the numbber of + shows the directory-level.

Just a suggestion, don't know if it is this what you meant.

Regards,
Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2002, 23:34   #202  |  Link
Chibi Jasmin

Quote:
Originally posted by DeXT
@Chibi: thanks for your nice tests with SVCD.
Thanx for helping in making this happen...I personally are only interested in the riff cdxa parser for svcds, because I prefer burning data-cds to be able to recover the full stream without flaws...but it all still is a great project, of course...

BTW: I guess, the SVCDs which did not work without remuxing (with bbmpeg) have been muxed with TMPGEnc at first...at least, I never got an SVCD I muxed with TMPGEnc seekable under DShow (PowerDVD etc. work), not even from hd.

Last edited by Chibi Jasmin; 1st June 2002 at 23:49.
Chibi Jasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 00:46   #203  |  Link
Koepi

@chibi jasmin:
My test-SVCD is encoded using tmpgenc and works flawless. I wouldn't blame it on the program...
But I didn't take the SVCD project settings but read the SVCD specs some times and fiddled around with the settings myself, this might be the difference.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 2nd June 2002, 05:44   #204  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

i did a 35 mins svcd on a single cd, using tmpgenc, and burned with nero.
seeks and plays fine with test6 of the filter.

what filters do u use when playing svcd?
can u try to use graphedit and use the mpeg2 splitter and the fraunhofer audio and video filters (both from freedvd)? let us know your result.

cheers
avi
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 09:25   #205  |  Link
Sygma21

Hi folks,

Just burned 790MB OGM/Xvid with 2x64kbps OGG in mode 2 and 2 Vobsub files in mode 1 .Works fine with WMP 6.4 and ZoomPlayer. Vobsub subtitled displayed perfectly

m2c 1.3 -l -a and riff test 6

Regards

Last edited by Sygma21; 2nd June 2002 at 09:27.
Sygma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 11:49   #206  |  Link
DeXT

@Koepi: yes this is more or less what I mean, simple & effective ways of entering new subdirectories either through the command line or an external list file.

The problem with list files is that they are more suitable for automated tools such as the GUI, where it should be generated automatically, since it's a pain if every user has to manually edit a list file everytime he is going to burn a XCD.

Your idea seems simple & smart, I think it's a good model for a list file. I will try to implement it this way, although I need to identify a Form2 file someway (perhaps adding "@" at the line start?).

About the command line I've received a modified build from a guy called Martin which adds subdirectories through the following syntax:

-f readme.txt pics\photo.jpg util\player.exe player.ini

This would take all files from the current dir (i.e. the mode2cdmaker dir) and put readme in root, photo.jpg in \pics and player.* in \util on the CD. The big disadvantage with this method is that it does not allow entering absolute paths (because any path before a file name is considered to be a subdir in the CD) and thus requires every input file being in the current directory. This also makes it unsuitable for a GUI usage. So I've suggested the following method:

-f readme.txt pics\ photo.jpg util\ player.exe player.ini

I.e. subdirs are entered just like any file but ending with a dir slash (pkzip also used the same method). This allows entering absolute paths for input filenames. I did not put the backslash at the beggining because this can be used to enter an absolute path in an input filename, too (i.e. \movie.avi means movie.avi in the root directory of the current drive).

The -d option won't be removed to maintain backward compatibility. This is just a simpler method of entering subdirs.

Martin's build also adds wildcard support, which is nice. I will add this to the next release, too.

Please tell me what do you think. And of course any other suggestion is welcomed. I just want to make it as user friendly as possible.
DeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 12:39   #207  |  Link
Koepi

I think your suggestions are good.

For the structure-file I still think we should use signs which are forbidden for normal filesystem names, e.g. + and @ seem to be allowed in windows.

So signs like ' indicating mode2 file, ° indicating a directory...

Regards,
Koepi
Old 2nd June 2002, 14:16   #208  |  Link
arty_sin

Quote:

@arty_sin: well seems there are some problems with the new install script in Win9x systems, probably due to REGSVR32.EXE not being in the default PATH (weird?). I guess I'll have to make separate install scripts for 9x ad NT class OSes

Please confirm me if changing the following lines from the install.bat script solves the problem (unregister it first just to be sure):

copy /y xcdsrc.ax %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\xcdsrc.ax
regsvr32 %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\xcdsrc.ax

for

copy /y xcdsrc.ax %WINDIR%\SYSTEM\xcdsrc.ax
%WINDIR%\SYSTEM\regsvr32.exe %WINDIR%\SYSTEM\xcdsrc.ax

Thanks for the note about the "RAW" switch in CDR-WIN, I don't need it with my burner, but I'll recommend to turn it on when burning in the readme.
[/B]
Thanks for getting back. You're right, I'm running Win98. I modified your .bat file modification to: -

copy /y xcdsrc.ax %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\xcdsrc.ax
c:\windows\system\regsvr32 %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\xcdsrc.ax

I did this because the location of the regsvr32 file is not on the path in my machine.

Still no joy. So then I did a search for regsvr32; and guess what; I had another one (as it happens in C:\Program Files\Mystik Media\AudioEdit Deluxe\BACKUP\regsvr32.exe). When I put THIS path in your bat file all worked fine. This could explain some other difficulties I've had registering filters. At some point I had obviously installed audio edit deluxe from Mystik media and the ****ing thing replaced my regsvr32 file. Now I'd already uninstalled it but the uninstall didn't roll back to the backup.

So then I checked file versions. The one that works is 5.00.1586.1, the one that DOES NOT work is 5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-1148). Naughty naughty Mystik Media. I wrote to them at info@mystikmedia.com though I doubt it'll do anything.

But the point is, it's worth checking the version of the regsvr32.exe file...
arty_sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 21:11   #209  |  Link
Chibi Jasmin

Quote:
Originally posted by Koepi
@chibi jasmin:
My test-SVCD is encoded using tmpgenc and works flawless. I wouldn't blame it on the program...
But I didn't take the SVCD project settings but read the SVCD specs some times and fiddled around with the settings myself, this might be the difference.

Regards,
Koepi
I am not too much into encoding SVCDs... I meant simply muxing with TMPGEnc versus BBMPEG...
Chibi Jasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2002, 14:26   #210  |  Link
DeXT

Hi again. I have just uploaded to my web a new filter release (test6b) which only adds new install scripts which are compatible with Win9x/Me (tested on Win98).

Hope this time everything works fine. Please test it and tell me if it works as expected.

http://webs.ono.com/de_xt
Old 4th June 2002, 15:44   #211  |  Link
kxy

DeXT,

Is the wild card support in this version?
kxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2002, 16:29   #212  |  Link
DeXT

Well wildcards are being added to the mode2cdmaker tool, and not the filter as you can figure out This is just a filter release.
Old 4th June 2002, 17:27   #213  |  Link
kxy

Doh!

Sorry, just get excited for a sec. :P
kxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2002, 21:49   #214  |  Link
ccw23a

Quote:
Hi again. I have just uploaded to my web a new filter release (test6b) which only adds new install scripts which are compatible with Win9x/Me (tested on Win98).

http://webs.ono.com/de_xt
hi, this version is able to register without copying regsvr32.exe
however, i still face with problem with DS filter. here is my test:

1. setup new win98se partition, original (dx7), test mode2 mp3, sync problem.
2. installed riff6/6b filter, mode 2 mp3 runs perfect!
3. installed dx8/8.1, sync problem coming back!
4. reinstalled riff6/6b filter, still sync problem.
5. any suggestion? this is not my main concern anyway since XCD may not be compatible with current format + i'm going to update to winxp soon!

i only tested mp3 coz they are smaller file size and i know if it work, then the rest will work.

andy.
ccw23a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2002, 22:57   #215  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

filters 6 and 6b are the same (and so is theoretically test 5 is you don't use vcd or svcd). the only change is the install script and some media detection. but if it installs ok and plays ok, then versions 5-6b are all the same.

regarding the skippy playback: it's probably due to lack of bufferring, but i didn't encounter such problem myself with mp3/ogg streams. can u pls give us some more info? like: 1. do u play from cd or daemon drive, 2: size of the clip. 3. detailed description of the problem (as much as u can). 4. use graphedit, and let us know what filters are used (insert filter -> dshow->RIFF/CDXA source. then select your media file, and then right click on the output pin and select 'render').

avi
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2002, 13:32   #216  |  Link
DeXT

I understand that skippy playback == our filter is not being used. This is what happens when you try to play a MP3 written in Form2 using DShow without having the CDXA filter installed.

I did my own tests under Win98 and found the following behaviour (all within the expected):

- played MP3 without our filter -- skippy
- installed test6b filter -- nice
- installed DX8.1 -- playback skippy again
- reinstalled filter -- nice again

DX8 setup restores the MS VCD Source key thus uninstalling our filter so the skippy playback is back, as expected. Reinstalling the filter puts our key instead so it returns to normal playback.

However, there is a situation where this does not happens and that is if you choose to use *.MP3 extension for Form2 files (instead of DAT). Since this extension is registered in the system with the default file source filter, our filter is not being chosen so the playback remains skippy. Please confirm if that was the case or not.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DeXT; 8th June 2002 at 15:16.
Old 8th June 2002, 13:48   #217  |  Link
Koepi

I think it would be the best and easiest solution to not support custom extensions.

Just my oppinion.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 8th June 2002, 15:34   #218  |  Link
DeXT

Yes surely this would solve the problem, but I originally added this option because I wanted the tool to be usable with any custom format (MCD and XCD are two examples) which may or may not use the DAT extension for Form2 content. I know the situation has changed since then, XCD has chosen DAT as the default extension and MCD will probably merge with the former, but in any case I feel that limiting the tool may negatively affect its usability in future.

So currently I see putting the warning notice in the readme the best choice. People not following the suggestions in the readme will act at their own risk.

On the other side, I received a really nice mode2cdmaker GUI from ubik29, I'll put it on my homepage later today but I'm attaching it here too for your testing pleasure. I also received two NSIS installer/uninstaller scripts for the CDXA filter, one of them from this same guy and the other from ffortanet, I've sent them to avih so he can test and publish them.

Thanks to all the nice contributors to this project.
Old 9th June 2002, 03:39   #219  |  Link
Emp3r0r

this GUI is much better IMO. It is exactly how I was about to program it.
Old 9th June 2002, 09:38   #220  |  Link
ccw23a

win98se problem solved

thank a lot to avih and DeXT, win98se will now runs smoothly on mode2cd under dx8.1 only if in appropriate extension "DAT". my mistake b4 is usig mp3 extension. i have learnt my leason. sorry and thanks to all that help.

Last edited by ccw23a; 9th June 2002 at 09:45.
ccw23a is offline   Reply With Quote