Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software

Old 28th January 2002, 16:14   #1  |  Link
thrawn56

HW+ and XP problems

I recently installed XP Professional (with much anguish), and after resolving a bunch of hardware and software conflicts through driver downloads, I found out that my HW+ still does not work.

I've concluded that it's my decoder board, since software like WinDVD and Windows Media Player plays DVD discs just fine.

I downloaded the 2.3 (beta) drivers that Sigma Designs had on their website. They were labeled XP/2000 drivers. However, those seem to not work. My DVD drive will spin up and read the disc, but after about 30 seconds, it stops and gives me the "No Disc Inserted" message.

Are there any other drivers or solutions to this problem? I once heard Creative DxR boards used the Sigma Designs board, and perhaps the Creative drivers could be used as a substitute? Any help is appreciated!

-thrawn56
thrawn56@hotmail.com

Last edited by thrawn56; 29th January 2002 at 01:15.
thrawn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2002, 23:18   #2  |  Link
Emp3r0r

It works for me, just ignore Microsofts warnings.