Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 19th January 2008, 16:29   #1  |  Link
Delta2

NTSC-to-PAL, PAL-to-NTSC, audio out of sync

Sorry if this doesn't belong here

Since the Gradual loss of A/V sync is the most handicap of all in one soft, mostly due to VBR audio...

I wonder if instead of changing Video FPS and Audio FPS, is not more appropriate to resize the image to target DVD region, maintaining all as it is....and apply pulldown to the video

Changing 23.976 to 25, or vice-versa, is what makes audio out of sync progressively, because some times it is not exactly 25FPS. Therefore normally encoding at 25.004 , 25.008 or 24.998 , 24.990 values ...applying small changes....solves the problem

My question is, why not keep all as it is, i.e, the FPS, and just resize the image and apply pulldown to either PAL or NTSC

Does this seems foolish ?
Delta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 21:18   #2  |  Link
nautilus7

Which programs do you use to make these conversions. Never heard of that kind of problems.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 21:47   #3  |  Link
Delta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Which programs do you use to make these conversions. Never heard of that kind of problems.
I don't use any, but didn't you ever listen to problems with DIKO, TFM, AVI2DVD, etc....etc....any all-in-one out there ?

i.e., converting MP3 VBR ? that they missed that up ?

The problem of audio out of sync with MP3 VBR is also due to FPS conversions...when you change framerates between region formats - pal to ntsc and vice versa...as I said

so, if you avoid that, then it is more likely that the probability of getting A/V out of sync will decrease

My question is : can I or not apply pulldown to Progressive PAL, because it is normally applied to NTSC

Last edited by Delta2; 19th January 2008 at 22:17.
Delta2 is offline   Reply With Quote