Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th April 2014, 13:17   #1  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Merging multiple disc BD movies with subtitles - which approach ?

Hi there,

sorry if this has been asked before but I have not found a really good explanation on this topic.
Please note that I am aware that I could either merge / join multiple M2TS files from the BD with TSMuxer or multiple MKV files with MKVMerge but what does this mean for audio tracks and subtitles ?

I have a few BD movies which spawn over multiple disks (e.g. LOTR EE) and I want to merge those two disks into one file to be played back from my NAS.

Ususally my toolchain of choice produces a MKV file per movie with AC3 audio tracks in two languages and the original SUP subtitle files.

For audio I am pretty shure that merging multiple M2TS files result in a perfect audio track when I merge them with TSMuxer but what about the SUP subtitles ?

Or should I simply transcode each BD as MKV and merge them afterwards to one MKV file with the Matroska Mux GUI ?

TIA,
D$
Darksoul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 17:35   #2  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

a simple solution will be, you mux every BD to a mkv file.
in mmg(befor you mux the mkv-file) you set a "segment-uid, segmentedition-uid, next segment uid, perv segment-uid) for the second file the same.

the player plays this two files seamless as one edition.

Last edited by hubblec4; 9th April 2014 at 16:06.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 18:14   #3  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Thanks for the info !
So actually this is like "two MKV in one MKV", right ?
Essentially the "first" MKV inside one MKV container references the "second" one.

Hopefully I understood this correctly. So a segment UID is an unique identifier which I can choose for each MKV I want to merge ?

Sorry for asking this dumb but this is new to me.

Darksoul71 is offline   Reply With Quote