Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th June 2010, 22:00   #9  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
I'm a chapter-fanatic mysself. After I extract chapters.txt with eac3to, then convert to frames (and tsMuxeR timecodes) using shon3i's ChapterGen tool, I next examine each chapter location against the DGIndexNV-indexed video in VirtualDub, looking for discrepancies between the chapter marks and the video scene changes. In most (all?) BD cases these chapter marks fall exactly on the first frame of a new scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
I agree that the spec seems to be very specific and shouldn't leave any doubt about where the chapter point is. If the chapter points end up being off by a 1001/1000 ratio, then you would surmise that it's essentially an authoring error on the disc -- the timecodes were NDF prior to the BD being authored, and no conversion was applied during authoring.

I'll do some further research and see if I can find some additional info on some of the BDs I have.
@SomeJoe, if you read laserfan's post, it seems that in his experience most Blu-Rays seem to have proper chapter marks (at least when using h264). I tend to agree with you that if 1001 is needed, it's probably an authoring error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEby View Post
Yes the dummy file 00023.m2ts is first file in the playlist and it is just a studio logo that is 10 seconds long. It also only has PCM audio tracks, while the second file is the main movie (00000.m2ts) has a DTS-HD track. Eac3to does create the all the files requested for the first file but seems to quits when it sees the second file 00000.m2ts that contains the DTS-HD track. See my screen shots from MediaInfo posted above.
Which movie is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
Ive encountered the same problem twice now, for example with saving private ryan (US) as well. and also criterion and some other studios now include their logos as seperate small .m2ts file which then preceeds the main movie more often than before. therefore it would be nice if you could come up with a solution here.
Please drop a comment here whenever you see this problem. Maybe we'll have luck and I have one of those Blu-Rays myself. However, I've not really stumbled over this problem myself yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
Never mind. While I don't know what the problem was I found a way around it.
Not sure myself where the problem came from, but the eac3to you're using is pretty old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
OK, I've just found this: [...]

However additional comments would be welcome of course.
I think that's the only speaker combination which makes problems. At least the only one I'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASRMAX View Post
Hello, I am currently in the process of testing this new version eac3to I thank Madshi for this work, the extension mkv demux for Bluray 3D works only for the left eye, having extracted without H.264 contenair, the right eye does not pass in mkvmerge, it is progressing well, hoping an update that fixes this
The Haali MKV Muxer (which eac3to is using) does not support the right eye stream format. So that's why eac3to cannot mux the right eye stream to MKV. mkvmerge currently doesn't support it, either. I've already given Mosu (the mkvmerge creator) all the information he needs, but he says that it's not a high priority for him currently. There's not much else I can do here...

Tags
eac3to