Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd August 2009, 03:08   #4741  |  Link

@focuspuller

As a disinterested mod, I instruct you to take further OT discussion in this vein to PM.

@all

Stay on topic: bug reports only!

Last edited by Guest; 23rd August 2009 at 05:54.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 06:38   #4742  |  Link
Capsbackup

Well, I would like to respond to this with my 2 cents, but will refrain...

My first attempt to using the Batch option, I noticed that the subtitle selections, or deselections, are not kept after starting the Batch job. I normally only keep English subs on a movie only backup, but after starting the batch job, all subs were still present in the Workfiles folder.
I appreciate all your effort and time, and just want to say
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 06:41   #4743  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post

My first attempt to using the Batch option, I noticed that the subtitle selections, or deselections, are not kept after starting the Batch job. I normally only keep English subs on a movie only backup, but after starting the batch job, all subs were still present in the Workfiles folder.
Hmmm... I'm not sure how that could happen. I'll take a look at it. One thing to remember, though -- when you put the job in the queue all settings are put there with it, so any changes you make after that don't apply. You'd have to add it to the queue again.

When a batch job is started, all current settings are saved, then the batch jobs' settings are loaded as they execute. When you finish (or abort) a set of batch jobs, all the original (before batch) settings are restored.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd August 2009 at 06:46.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 07:17   #4744  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Hmmm... I'm not sure how that could happen. I'll take a look at it. One thing to remember, though -- when you put the job in the queue all settings are put there with it, so any changes you make after that don't apply. You'd have to add it to the queue again.

When a batch job is started, all current settings are saved, then the batch jobs' settings are loaded as they execute. When you finish (or abort) a set of batch jobs, all the original (before batch) settings are restored.
I have tried both Add Current Project to Batch Queue and Save Project, but both appear to not save the selected subtitles before choosing the Add/Save. Subtitles are just as they were, the default setting of BD-RB, as when I first open the project.
Old 23rd August 2009, 07:26   #4745  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:

I haven't noticed that... but I'll go back and take a look. I copy all my movies as Movie Only with English subs (though I've never actually used them). The way I understand that its supposed to work is that you set up each job with its own settings, the add them to the batch queue and it just executes one project after another. I did find that its important to assign each job its own WORKFILES folder.

On a side note: I think BD Rebuilder will take the PS3 community by storm once people figure out how easily you can get a Blu-Ray movie into a single .m2ts file and stream it effortlessly from the PC to the PS3 with PS3MediaServer. No real need for burning to a disc at all!

Last edited by GaPony; 23rd August 2009 at 07:30.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:29   #4746  |  Link
FZander

Hei
Ich have use BD Rebuilder for two Film to make a DB-25 copy. The first works fine, but the second (VC-1) has wrong aspect ration. The Target has no black stripes on top and button.

What is wrong?
FZander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:42   #4747  |  Link
ChBrig

Hi JDOBBS,

I am a user of BD Rebuider and have to say that it is very useful.
The last version I have used in June 2009 was 0.22.03 and no problem at all.
I got some new ripp in July 2009 and trying to open BD Rebuider, I got a message: version has expired. So I have downloaded the last one: 0.28.03 and problem (same with 0.28.02 and 0.26.03):
1) all codecs are ok
2) When I double click on the shorcut BD Rebuilder to open it, I get a window on my screen: WINDOWS INSTALLER with the following message --> the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Fms.msi" in the box below. I never got that message in the past. If I double click several times "cancel" at the end BD Rebuilder is opening but when I use it on different rips I have a problem of multiplexing (see 3)
3) Error message:
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[21:51:56] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:51:56] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [22:25:56] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 2)
- [00:41:09] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00011]
- [00:50:38] Reencoding: VID_00011 (2 of 2)
[02:22:16]PHASE ONE complete
[02:22:16]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [02:22:16] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- Failed in attempt to multiplex: MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta
- Matroska parser: read error at pos 9831448576
[02:37:48] - Failed to REBUILD
4) I have tested 3 different ripps and always the same error and with version 0.28.03, 0.28.02 and 0.26.03
5) I have downloaded BD Rebuider (the 3 noted versions) on the laptop of my wife working with vista and no problem at all. And I don't get that window Windows installer on her laptop when I open BD Rebuilder.

So I think that the problem is coming from that message of Windows installer but I don't know what it means (I have windows XP Professional). And again in the past no problem and no window Windows installer opening. So I don't understand

Could you help me ?

Thank you
ChBrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 11:59   #4748  |  Link
ChBrig

Hi again JDOBBS,

I have another question.
I can see on your new version, the new encoder setting "High-Speed Option (BD25)". What is it? I have tried it (movie only back up) and wrote a BD 25 but I have the feeling that I have lost in Quality (picture). I am using normally the option High Quality (Default) and movie-back up only and write on BD-25.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:36   #4749  |  Link
FZander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChBrig View Post
Hi again JDOBBS,

I have another question.
I can see on your new version, the new encoder setting "High-Speed Option (BD25)". What is it? I have tried it (movie only back up) and wrote a BD 25 but I have the feeling that I have lost in Quality (picture). I am using normally the option High Quality (Default) and movie-back up only and write on BD-25.
I use this option for two films and I can not see a different between the original disk on a 40" LCD, but the recoding from a Film with vc-1 codec has not the correct aspect ratio.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:45   #4750  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Full backup / 1-pass / Quick Extras disabled:
crf prediction loops at crf=24.0 for one of the Extras.
Just to report back: v0.28.04 (beta) solved the looping issue.
1-pass full disc backup filled the BD9 to 96%. Very good.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:01   #4751  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChBrig View Post
Hi JDOBBS,

I am a user of BD Rebuider and have to say that it is very useful.
The last version I have used in June 2009 was 0.22.03 and no problem at all.
I got some new ripp in July 2009 and trying to open BD Rebuider, I got a message: version has expired. So I have downloaded the last one: 0.28.03 and problem (same with 0.28.02 and 0.26.03):
1) all codecs are ok
2) When I double click on the shorcut BD Rebuilder to open it, I get a window on my screen: WINDOWS INSTALLER with the following message --> the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Fms.msi" in the box below. I never got that message in the past. If I double click several times "cancel" at the end BD Rebuilder is opening but when I use it on different rips I have a problem of multiplexing (see 3)
3) Error message:
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[21:51:56] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:51:56] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [22:25:56] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 2)
- [00:41:09] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00011]
- [00:50:38] Reencoding: VID_00011 (2 of 2)
[02:22:16]PHASE ONE complete
[02:22:16]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [02:22:16] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- Failed in attempt to multiplex: MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta
- Matroska parser: read error at pos 9831448576
[02:37:48] - Failed to REBUILD
4) I have tested 3 different ripps and always the same error and with version 0.28.03, 0.28.02 and 0.26.03
5) I have downloaded BD Rebuider (the 3 noted versions) on the laptop of my wife working with vista and no problem at all. And I don't get that window Windows installer on her laptop when I open BD Rebuilder.

So I think that the problem is coming from that message of Windows installer but I don't know what it means (I have windows XP Professional). And again in the past no problem and no window Windows installer opening. So I don't understand

Could you help me ?

Thank you
That means something else you installed has made one of the codecs (probably) a part of some other installation... That is more than likely also the problem with the aspect ratio. It's not an issue with BD Rebuilder, it is an issue with your PC configuration. I can assure you the WINDOWS INSTALLER call is NOT a part of BD-RB.

I would uninstall any "codec packs" you've downloaded. I would also reinstall FFDSHOW (to override any changes the other software has modified).
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:08   #4752  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I have tried both Add Current Project to Batch Queue and Save Project, but both appear to not save the selected subtitles before choosing the Add/Save. Subtitles are just as they were, the default setting of BD-RB, as when I first open the project.
Yep, the changes aren't being saved in the INI. I remember doing that now, because you can select differently for individual M2TS files-- and it could make the selection list gigantic (e.g. on discs with a 100 to 200 M2TS files). I just looked at a Star Trek disc I have and it has about 160 listed. Multiply that times 4 languages, and I'd have to somehow in the INI account for 1280 individual selections (audio/subs). That's a lot of 1's and 0's to put in the INI. I did it in DVD-RB, but there were typically a lot fewer choices.

One other thing I have to look at is selecting audio/subs by MPLS rather than M2TS. Right now someone who is unfamiliar with the structure could set different audio for individual parts of a playlist (individual M2TS files), so it could switch back and forth between languages as it plays.

Right now it goes back to what you have configured in SETUP when it loads them for batch processing.

I'll have to figure something out.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd August 2009 at 14:23.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:31   #4753  |  Link
Capsbackup

Since subtitles usually take up very little space, this is not a problem, even for BD-5. It was just an observation I made from a first time test of this new feature. It would be a concern if this happened for audio selections though.
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:54   #4754  |  Link
ChBrig

Quote:
That means something else you installed has made one of the codecs (probably) a part of some other installation... That is more than likely also the problem with the aspect ratio. It's not an issue with BD Rebuilder, it is an issue with your PC configuration. I can assure you the WINDOWS INSTALLER call is NOT a part of BD-RB.

I would uninstall any "codec packs" you've downloaded. I would also reinstall FFDSHOW (to override any changes the other software has modified).

Ok I will investigate.
Thank you

What about ma question on High-Speed Option (BD25)? When do you use that option? No lower quality of picture?
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:07   #4755  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZander View Post
Hei
Ich have use BD Rebuilder for two Film to make a DB-25 copy. The first works fine, but the second (VC-1) has wrong aspect ration. The Target has no black stripes on top and button.

What is wrong?
See post #4752
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:47   #4756  |  Link
FZander

Quote:
See post #4752
OK, during the BD Rebuilder Installation I have new installed ffshow and all the other Parts from the description. If the Movie codec not VC-1 it works fine. Which codec I must uninstall and reinstall for VC-1

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:52   #4757  |  Link
FZander

Can I use a tools like Ifoedit, to only set a correct ratio for make a copy from my blu-ray with the wrong value.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:02   #4758  |  Link
focuspuller

I found a second disc that wasn't able to work.

[11:56:42] BD Rebuilder v0.28.04 (beta)
- Source: BSG_S4_AND_A_HALF_D1
- Input BD size: 43.74 GB
- Approximate total content: [04:56:21.605]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- Resuming from previously started job.
[11:56:43] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [11:56:43] Reencoding: VID_00050 (3 of 16)
- Encode failed. Retrying.

I noticed that in cases where the encode failed, the file itself fails to play as a file, for example on Windows Media Player
focuspuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:10   #4759  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZander View Post
OK, during the BD Rebuilder Installation I have new installed ffshow and all the other Parts from the description. If the Movie codec not VC-1 it works fine. Which codec I must uninstall and reinstall for VC-1

Thanks
I would recommend you download Windows Media Player 11 and install it. Then go into FFDSHOW and disable VC-1 (that will tell it to use WMV11). That recommendation is also on the first (instruction) page of this thread.

If you're using Windows 7... you need to search the thread and find links to the registry patches that have to be done.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:11   #4760  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuspuller View Post
I found a second disc that wasn't able to work.

[11:56:42] BD Rebuilder v0.28.04 (beta)
- Source: BSG_S4_AND_A_HALF_D1
- Input BD size: 43.74 GB
- Approximate total content: [04:56:21.605]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- Resuming from previously started job.
[11:56:43] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [11:56:43] Reencoding: VID_00050 (3 of 16)

I noticed that in cases where the encode failed, the file itself fails to play as a file, for example on Windows Media Player
What you need to check is whether the AVS plays (with WMP).