Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 10th November 2006, 05:48   #1  |  Link
bitwerks

DVD2SVCD overlooking VOB files?

I know DVD2SVCD isn't the latest thing to come along the pike but it has worked well for me in the past. I have a couple of CDs with 5 VOB files on them but DVD2SCVD only converts the first three.

When I select the IFO file for #4 it shows a length of 2 minutes and #5 a length of 1:27. Both are 40 minutes in duration.

Is this gross operator error or a gotcha in the tool? I've read in the FAQ this can happen but no real solution was offered. The disk is playable and DVD Shrink says the content is OK.

bitwerks
bitwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 02:31   #2  |  Link
SallyDog

What exactly is the source? Are you really trying to rip CD's?
Old 11th November 2006, 15:50   #3  |  Link
manolito

First of all this is the wrong forum. Could a mod please move this to the DVD2SVCD forum?

Do I understand correctly that you have 5 different VOB files on 5 CDs, every VOB has its own IFO file, and you want to burn the whole thing on one DVD? Should not be too hard.

Copy all VOBs to your DVD2SVCD work folder, you also need one IFO file (any VTS_xxxx.ifo, it can also be from a different DVD ). In DVD2SVCD you have to disable ripping first. Then go to the "Conversion" tab and select the IFO. DVD2SVCD will probably complain that it cannot find the correct VOB files, and a new window opens where you can add, delete and rearrange the VOB files you want in your project. After selecting an IFO file you can also access the VOB selection window by clicking the button with the three small dots to the right of the IFO selection box.

This will probably only work if your 5 VOBs came from the same title set originally.

Good luck
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 07:57   #4  |  Link
bitwerks

Yup, sorry. I'll move the post to DVD2SVCD.

I have one DVD with 5 VOBs and want to create 5 CDs in SVCD format. All 5 VOBs are from the same title set. I've not had this problem before but this series of disks seems to throw the tool. I'll check to make sure I have ripping disabled.

Thanks!
bitwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 23:51   #5  |  Link
ChickenMan

Then I'd suggest you have a problem with the IFO files on the DVD's. Rip the dvd's to your HD and work from there. In D2S, load in the IFO file, then click on the ... button next to where you loaded them in. Manually add the VOB files if any are missing. The movie length reported will be wrong if any are missing, dont worry it will convert all okay if all the vobs are loaded and in correct order.