Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th February 2013, 12:24   #14201  |  Link
dukey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You can't dynamically switch between DXVA and Software, or the other way around. You need a full reconnect to do this.
I see, that makes sense I suppose. So what is required, stopping the graph, breaking the pins and reconnecting them ?
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 23:26   #14202  |  Link
dukey

In graph edit. I tried stopping the graph, breaking all the connections, and reconnecting the pins, but it refuses to use DXVA. The only way seems to be to remove the decoder, then render the pin (which brings back LAV) and it works.
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 09:22   #14203  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Someone knows what the av sync option in the audio filter does?
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 16:35   #14204  |  Link
paradoxical

Yes.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:32   #14205  |  Link
Mercury_22

@Nev I just saw that XBMC claims to support "DTS-HD MA" now (ffmpeg AFAIK) does this mean that LAV will do too (without the DLL ) ?
Old 21st February 2013, 11:34   #14206  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The only thing they finally support is bitstreaming, years too late.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:51   #14207  |  Link
Vasilich

nev, is that technically possible to "bitstream" AC3 core in case of EAC3 audio?
i have an old AV receiver connected to my HTPC via optical SPDIF. Receiver supports only AC3, so if i want to watch TV with AC3+ (e.g. Servus TV HD) i get only stereo, because SPDIF is capable to transfer AC3-encoded 5.1, and for EAC3 LAV decodes it completely, and SPDIF gets only stereo PCM
Vasilich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:52   #14208  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

EAC3 has no "AC3 core", so its not possible.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:00   #14209  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Blu-Ray E-AC3 primary audio tracks do have an AC3 core. Blu-Ray E-AC3 secondary audio tracks do not, nor do HD DVD E-AC3 primary tracks.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 12:02   #14210  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

He inquired about broadcast TV primarily
Primary Blu-ray EAC3 tracks are in a rather special position there, and can't be compared with anything else.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:07   #14211  |  Link
Vasilich

So for me the only chance is to disable support in LAV and use FFDShow with enabled AC3 encoder for those formats that do not pass in SPDIF bandwidht and can't be understood by my receiver.
Thanks for explanation!
Vasilich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 12:11   #14212  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
He inquired about broadcast TV primarily
Oh, right. Sorry, seems I flew over the question text too fast...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 20:16   #14213  |  Link
Niyawa

Hey nev, a user of my guide asked the following question: "What's the reason for AYUV being disabled in the LAV video decoder?" I'm not really sure myself so I'm asking you that directly.

I did a search before in the forum and around the net but never found any details.
Old 21st February 2013, 20:42   #14214  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyawa View Post
Hey nev, a user of my guide asked the following question: "What's the reason for AYUV being disabled in the LAV video decoder?" I'm not really sure myself so I'm asking you that directly.
MS renderers such as EVR were meant to take in AYUV for the separate subtitle pin. At least, that was their meaning, and the YCbCr->sRGB conversion path is far from optimized for this format.

But then it was found out that the renderer(s) accept AYUV with the main pin as well, and... that leads to the fact that converting to RGB in the decoder and then rendering that is much more faster than trying to play 4:4:4 YCbCr content by saying that an AYUV connection is available. In other words, feeding AYUV to the MS renderers as the main pin's content pretty much means a slideshow. Also, EVR-CP (MPC-HC's customized EVR renderer, also their default), if I recall correctly, is not capable of switching types on the fly, so I guess it was just found out to be simpler to just block it altogether unless the user specifically wants 8bit 4:4:4 YCbCr output.
Old 21st February 2013, 21:23   #14215  |  Link
Niyawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
MS renderers such as EVR were meant to take in AYUV for the separate subtitle pin. At least, that was their meaning, and the YCbCr->sRGB conversion path is far from optimized for this format.

But then it was found out that the renderer(s) accept AYUV with the main pin as well, and... that leads to the fact that converting to RGB in the decoder and then rendering that is much more faster than trying to play 4:4:4 YCbCr content by saying that an AYUV connection is available. In other words, feeding AYUV to the MS renderers as the main pin's content pretty much means a slideshow. Also, EVR-CP (MPC-HC's customized EVR renderer, also their default), if I recall correctly, is not capable of switching types on the fly, so I guess it was just found out to be simpler to just block it altogether unless the user specifically wants 8bit 4:4:4 YCbCr output.
Thank you very much for the answer. I probably would never realized such thing myself.
Old 21st February 2013, 21:51   #14216  |  Link
aufkrawall

EVR doesn't render AYUV correctly, brightness is slightly wrong.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 22:11   #14217  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

At the moment, using xy-VSFilter with madVR would be the primary reason to enable AYUV in LAV Video.

Note: Adding YV24 support to xy-VSFilter is something on our to-do list. AYUV was just an easier first target since it was already supported internally.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 23:03   #14218  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

As it was already explained, EVR/hardware support for AYUV is just so bad that it was better to disable it. madVR also accepts YV24, so no reason to active it for madVR alone.
Old 22nd February 2013, 20:19   #14219  |  Link
dansrfe

What are the recommended mix levels for 5.1 audio output? Also, if the number of source channels matches the output channels then no mixing occurs correct?

I wish there was a table listing all the recommended mix levels for all output speaker configurations.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 20:21   #14220  |  Link
paradoxical

I'm pretty sure no mixing occurs.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter