Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 9th March 2005, 17:51   #61  |  Link
muppets

hi Trahald,

I tried new 0.0.0.11c and found a few things in the *.ecl file that prevent CCE from working correct or working at all. These values are always the same, either if i set up BatchEncodeM2V to work with CCE 2.70.00.27 via EclCCE or with CCE 2.70.02.00 directly (both trial versions):

1) frame_rate_idx=4 (should be 3 as it's for a PAL DVD clip)

2) drop_frame=1 (doesn't seem to impact CCE 2.67.00.27, i.e. the time shown in CCE is correct, but for CCE 2.70.02.00 it makes the clip shorter by 1/6)

3) width=1260 (pal dvd, should be 720 - 720 is shown correctly in AVS-Stats)

4) height=56 (again pal, dvd, should be 576 - 576 is shown correctly also)

The wrong values for frame size make CCE 2.67.00.27 bitch at me (frame size not supported) and stop there without creating a *.temp.AVS file and *.vaf file.

CCE 2.70.02.00 doesn't bitch but it also fails to create the *.temp.AVS file. It does go a little bit further and creates a *.vaf file before stopping (although it seems to me that the vaf file is not complete).
muppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 19:44   #62  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

somethings weird. 3 & 4 are probably causing the issues with 1 & 2.

i have it coded to not drop frame with pal.. and set 3 for frame

3 & 4 are telling me BEM is getting funky values for the avi params.. (it pulls the resolution from the avi attribs.) it decides drop_frame and rate by framerate. (avs errors are at 24fps but i only check for 23.976 and 25 fps .. anything else is taken as 29.97. Height of 56 means avs error.

1st.. double click the file thats giving a problem and see what BEM reports for the avi params and report them..

2nd.. open the original .avs in virtual dub and check what you get in file params.. then also check the temp.avs and check what you get.. please report those

3rd.. please paste the contents of the temp.avs

thanks

for the future im gonna add a check for weird resolutions.. also figure out how to get .avs errors.. when this occurs im gonna add a warning to the log and not attempt the encode.

Last edited by Trahald; 9th March 2005 at 19:54.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 21:26   #63  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

I"d say first open the .avs in MP and see if there's an error

(are we officially calling it BEM now? - so you could have a BEM movement... <snicker>)

Last edited by D3s7; 9th March 2005 at 21:31.
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 11:23   #64  |  Link
muppets

ok, did what you said and here are the results:

1) BEM reports the avi parameters as res 720x576, 25.000 fps, 311 frames, duration 00:00:12.11

2) VDMod reports for the original .avs res 720x576, 25.000 fps, 311 frames, duration 00:00:12.44.

Yesterday i said, that there's no .temp.avs created. Seems that was incorrect. The file is created and deleted after i close CCE manually after not encoding. I found that out by watching the working directory during failed encoding. So i didn't close CCE and copied the contents of the .temp.avs

3) .temp.avs (the same for cceroba_tst.avs):
Code:
LoadPlugin("F:\SEX_AND_THE_CITY_SEASON1_DISC1\DGDecode.dll")
mpeg2source("f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\sample.d2v",idct=7)
ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)
AudioDub(BlankClip())
As you can see, the directory name in line 2 (f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\) is repeated. So neither Media Player Classic nor Virtual Dub Mod can open the file as it doesn't exist.

D3s7: No problem with the original .avs in MPC or VDM
Old 10th March 2005, 13:20   #65  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

would it be possible that the queue be saved into a file instead of the registry? (well I think it goes into the registry.)

I have a dual-CPU setup and I was hoping I can run 2 instances of batchencode (each copy pointing to 2 different versions of cc3) so I can maximize throughput.

Thanks
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 13:23   #66  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

Last night when I was encoding a DVD, CCE speed was like 1.6 to 1.8.

I am encoding the same DVD and speed is like 9 to 12. is this normal? I'm using 2.7x.
Old 10th March 2005, 13:31   #67  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

No that's probably not good. i'm quite sure there's something worng. try to play one of the avs files in mpc or so.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 14:09   #68  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

avs file plays fine on vdubmod. :|
Old 10th March 2005, 14:14   #69  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

well let's swap pcs then, I wouldn't mind a 9X realtime encoding speed

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 17:38   #70  |  Link
mrslacker
Junior Slacker

Quote:
Originally posted by jarthel
Last night when I was encoding a DVD, CCE speed was like 1.6 to 1.8.

I am encoding the same DVD and speed is like 9 to 12. is this normal? I'm using 2.7x.
I have noticed that at the begin of the second pass, the encoding speed shows something like 23x, and it slowly drops to a realistic speed like 2.3x. CCE SP 2.70.02 actually creates the vaf as if it were a pass (it is), showing it as pass 1 of X. I think the speed calculation at the begining of the first m2v pass is messed up somehow, unless it really starts fast and then slows down. Have you noticed this behavior?

Also, CCE SP 2.70.02 has an option to use multi-threading. That should use both of your processors. No need to run CCE twice.
mrslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 00:49   #71  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

Quote:
Originally posted by mrslacker
I have noticed that at the begin of the second pass, the encoding speed shows something like 23x, and it slowly drops to a realistic speed like 2.3x. CCE SP 2.70.02 actually creates the vaf as if it were a pass (it is), showing it as pass 1 of X. I think the speed calculation at the begining of the first m2v pass is messed up somehow, unless it really starts fast and then slows down. Have you noticed this behavior?
Hmm Well it was running at 9x to 12x for at least 10 minutes. When I looked again and the encoding is almost finished, it settled on 3 to 4x.

Quote:
Originally posted by mrslacker

Also, CCE SP 2.70.02 has an option to use multi-threading. That should use both of your processors. No need to run CCE twice.
Can this be automatically set?

If not, it would be nice if Trahald can include this.
Old 11th March 2005, 01:45   #72  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by muppets
ok, did what you said and here are the results:

1) BEM reports the avi parameters as res 720x576, 25.000 fps, 311 frames, duration 00:00:12.11

2) VDMod reports for the original .avs res 720x576, 25.000 fps, 311 frames, duration 00:00:12.44.

Yesterday i said, that there's no .temp.avs created. Seems that was incorrect. The file is created and deleted after i close CCE manually after not encoding. I found that out by watching the working directory during failed encoding. So i didn't close CCE and copied the contents of the .temp.avs

3) .temp.avs (the same for cceroba_tst.avs):
Code:
LoadPlugin("F:\SEX_AND_THE_CITY_SEASON1_DISC1\DGDecode.dll")
mpeg2source("f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\sample.d2v",idct=7)
ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)
AudioDub(BlankClip())
As you can see, the directory name in line 2 (f:\sex_and_the_city_season1_disc1\) is repeated. So neither Media Player Classic nor Virtual Dub Mod can open the file as it doesn't exist.

D3s7: No problem with the original .avs in MPC or VDM
ok.. i see it.. i have to do that because usually the path isnt in dif4u .avs files and cceroba needs it (i add the path for all ecl-type encoders). i'll put in the check for if the path already exists. how did you make the .avs?

Last edited by Trahald; 11th March 2005 at 04:06.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 09:50   #73  |  Link
muppets

OK, i made the .avs manually as it is supposed for testing purposes only. After removing the path in the .avs everything is working flawlessly
Old 11th March 2005, 17:13   #74  |  Link
mrslacker
Junior Slacker

Quote:
Originally posted by jarthel
Can this be automatically set?

If not, it would be nice if Trahald can include this.
It is not an ecl setting, its in the options when you just open GUI. That leads me to believe it is a permanent global setting.

EDIT: OK, I must be losing my mind... I don't see the setting anymore. Maybe I was thinking of something else... Need more sleep!

Last edited by mrslacker; 12th March 2005 at 02:06.
mrslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 06:45   #75  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

New version available
Old 21st March 2005, 15:36   #76  |  Link
Nevs5

i am having trouble with six feet under season 1 disc 3. what happens is that i encode the vts which there are 1 of them with 3 pgc. 1 and 3 are fine encodes them fine and makes the mpv then the mpv.m2v, but on the 2nd pgc i never makes the mpv or the mpv.m2v but the vaf is there and i have started this rip all over again and get the same thing. i checked the avs and ecl file and they look the same as 1 and 3. so i am not sure what is causing this problem.
Old 22nd March 2005, 03:31   #77  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

can you pm me the log. its in the batchencode install directory. make sure you only paste the info from your last encode (the log just keeps adding to itself)

can you load the ecl in cce and encode it?
the command line for revpulldown is in the log.. you can paste that into a dos window and run it.
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:45   #78  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

12b up.. same install file name. only addition is support for hcenc .12batch
Old 24th March 2005, 10:44   #79  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

when I load an avs (located at E:\dvd_images\originals\needs_reencoding\GUNDAM_WING_OPERATION_FIVE\VTS04) in batchencode, the "avs path name" has funny characters in it.

is this normal?

thanks
Old 24th March 2005, 17:45   #80  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Nope.. not normal. im only allowing for 100 characters in the path.. i'll compile a version that allows longer names in a an hour or so (my paths are tops 8 characters with the name the usual dif4u length) thanx