Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 29th September 2002, 12:19   #1  |  Link
Acerjen

Audio Streams Question

I have a question concerning audio stream playback via the AUDIO button, as opposed to the selecting from the LANGUAGES menu.

I have come across several DVDs which will not let me change the audio stream using the MENU button on my remote, or in WinDVD either. You must select the stream from the AUDIO or LANGUAGES menu. I did a serch through past threads and found a thread on audio stream prohibiting, but this was not that helpful. So, my question is how can I change the setup with ifoedit or vobedit to make a disc audio streams selectable via the menu button on the remote? Or can this even be done at all? If you know, please be specific and leave me a step by step, as I am a newbie and still am in the learning process.

I have stripped alt language streams and kept English 6 channel and commentary tracks. It seems as though that when I strip the streams, leaving those two, selecting the audio in the LANGUAGES or AUDIO menus does no good. That is the main reason I am asking the first question. Another is why go through the menu if you can do the same thing with the push of your remote's audio button. In the case of this second question, does any stream reassigning need done? Anyone have any ideals? Again a detailed answer with a step by step would be great.

I have searched through previous threads and have found no answers to these question. Any help, ideals, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Later.

Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 14:50   #2  |  Link
mpucoder

Most DVD players (like yours) have the ability to create on-screen menues for selecting subpicture, audio, language, angle, chapter, and title. The menu you see when pressing "Menu", however, is the root menu authored onto the disk. Therefore, if the disk author included menues for things such as language or audio, you will be able to navigate to them. If they are not there, then there is no simple way to create them.
Disk authors place these menues on the disks to help with players lacking in OSD menues (like PS2)
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 18:48   #3  |  Link
Acerjen

Audio Streams Question

Thanks for the reply, but I did not ask if i could create a menu. I basically asked if I could turn off the "audio stream prohibiting", so that all audio streams are changable using the Audio button on my remote control, rather than being forced to go through the menu system to change it. Any ideals???

Thanks.

Acerjen
Old 29th September 2002, 22:17   #4  |  Link
mpucoder

Sorry, got it twisted around. IfoEdit can turn off all prohibitions, and allow all buttons to work all the time. Use "Remove P_UPs"
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 10:14   #5  |  Link
Acerjen

Audio Stream Questions

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. Later.

Acerjen