Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th October 2007, 16:14   #181  |  Link
Miryan

Atak_Snajpera, Ripbot now using NicAC3Source, but is checking for ffdshow at the start.
Miryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 21:03   #182  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

FFDshow is used for video and audio decoding therefore is required! If audio is demuxed Nic will be used instead. If not FFDshow is used.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 11:01   #183  |  Link
Miryan

I see! Thank you.
Old 13th October 2007, 23:19   #184  |  Link
persim

I just started getting this error when I try to load a video file:

I used to be able to open files and use the program. Not sure what I did to cause this, any help would be appreciated. Trying to convert .TS files to .MKV
persim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 01:07   #185  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

If you can send me a sample of your TS file
Old 14th October 2007, 01:34   #186  |  Link
persim

Here is a link to a 30 s clip from the 1 hour tv show I have been trying to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0mo4nmpcmv
Old 14th October 2007, 04:09   #187  |  Link
darkedgex

Thanks for fixing the console window closing issue, now a couple more observations/requests. =)
  • The "Normalize" option seems to turn itself back on when you change certain settings. Also, even with normalizing off, when I first start a conversion, it says "Normalizing" in the status area briefly.
  • When using the PSP profile, it would be nice if resizing was automatically set to 480x272.
  • I'm not certain on this, but doesn't the PSP support 720x480 video? I know the actual screen is limited to 480x272, but when using the TV out it would be nice to have the higher resolution. Maybe add this to the list of resizing options?
  • A method for boosting the loudness of audio by a specific decibel amount would be cool. Normalizing doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped on DVD conversions (still seems too quiet via the PSP speakers; headphones sound better though).
  • A way to pause encoding would be nice.
Thanks for your help. =)
darkedgex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 12:28   #188  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Your sample is working on my PC

Try this
Quote:
If you are getting this error don't close it. Open getinfo.avs file in Media Player Classic and check if info.txt is created in the same directory.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 22nd October 2007 at 14:01.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:49   #189  |  Link
persim

I do not seem to have the getinfo.avs file anywhere on my computer. I left the error untouched and checked to see if the job1 folder was in the ripbot folder like you stated in a previous post and nothing was there. Did a search for the file on my hard drive and got no results. Should it be creating a job1 folder with this file when I try to open the file?
Old 14th October 2007, 17:58   #190  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

All temporary files are saved in system temp directory

Quote:
in xp they will be in\

x:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\RipBot264temp

you will need tick show hidden files and folders in tools-folder options - view
Old 14th October 2007, 18:24   #191  |  Link
persim

Sorry didn't search all the hidden directories. The file opens in media player classic and says:

DirectShowSource: I can't determine the frame rate of the video, you must use the "fps" parameter.

then lists the path \getinfo.avs, line 1

No info.txt file is created in the directory
Old 14th October 2007, 18:54   #192  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Video cannot be decoded therefore you don't see info.txt. Make sure you have latest Haali Media Spliter , AviSynth and FFDShow.
Old 14th October 2007, 19:39   #193  |  Link
Bigmango

Ahhh ! Very nice tool ! Finally a clean gui without all the unnecessary bullshit.

Could you please add the following features:

1. Nero aac audio (megui & automkv support it), with all the profiles (I need ABR), escecially the "auto" profile which lets nero chose the best compression (LC,HE) for a given bitrate

2. I see you already use bepipe. This will allow 2 pass abr AAC encoding with nero (needed for low bitrates).

To do 2 pass encoding, nero needs a wave file as imput. So with bepipe you can save a temporary wave file, and then encode it with nero in 2 passes abr.

This small nero gui already does this, source is available:
http://www.imcold.evilhosting.org/progs/sng/

3. Modify the source selection gui part to behave like nero recode. This way, you can chose to fit the output to a specified size (i.ex DVD5) and then when you add files, their bitrate will automatically be adjusted to match the media.

If you could add these 3 features, Ripbot would be the ultimate gui for me.
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 20:24   #194  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1. Nero aac audio (megui & automkv support it), with all the profiles (I need ABR), escecially the "auto" profile which lets nero chose the best compression (LC,HE) for a given bitrate
Both encoders provide almost the same quality. Some people even claim that HE is better in CT than in Nero. So called "Auto" is already available in RipBot264 64 kbps is always encoded in HE. Everything above is encoded in LC. Nero "Auto" works exactly in the same way. Besides I'm not allowed to distribute Nero encoder along with my app.

Quote:
Modify the source selection gui part to behave like nero recode. This way, you can chose to fit the output to a specified size (i.ex DVD5) and then when you add files, their bitrate will automatically be adjusted to match the media.
If you select "Lock Size" video bitrate will be adjusted according to output size and audio bitrate/size.
Old 14th October 2007, 21:02   #195  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Both encoders provide almost the same quality. Some people even claim that HE is better in CT than in Nero. So called "Auto" is already available in RipBot264 64 kbps is always encoded in HE. Everything above is encoded in LC. Nero "Auto" works exactly in the same way.
The problem is that, according to ripbot, ct only does CBR. ABR is better (especially for movies as there are periods in a movie where there is no or less sound) and nero does ABR.

And what about 2 pass aac encoding (nero is the only encoder currently doing this)? Is this something you might add ?

Quote:
Besides I'm not allowed to distribute Nero encoder along with my app.
No problem, we can copy the file to ripbot's directory.

Quote:
If you select "Lock Size" video bitrate will be adjusted according to output size and audio bitrate/size.
Yes, I know. But this is only for one file.

A system like nero recode allows to lock the size like you do, but then you can add more than 1 source file and all of the files' bitrates will be adjusted automatically (the total available bitrate is divided by the files, but you can also adjust it manually for each file within the available max bitrate).

Of course we can do all of the calculations manually and then add each file into the queue with that calculated bitrate.... but the purpose of a gui is to make things easier, isn't it ?

Last edited by Bigmango; 14th October 2007 at 21:09.
Old 15th October 2007, 00:48   #196  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Of course we can do all of the calculations manually and then add each file into the queue with that calculated bitrate.... but the purpose of a gui is to make things easier, isn't it ?
Let's say we have 10 episodes. Each episode will require 448 MB to fit on DVD. Is that so hard to click "Lock Size" and then enter calculated value ?

Quote:
And what about 2 pass aac encoding (nero is the only encoder currently doing this)? Is this something you might add ?
2-pass for audio is simply waste of time (decoding to 6ch wav plus 2-passes for encoding). Besides Quality Mode in Nero gives better results than 2-pass.

Last word. I'm very happy with CT-AAC quality and I am not going to replace it. Sorry.
Old 15th October 2007, 01:27   #197  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Let's say we have 10 episodes. Each episode will require 448 MB to fit on DVD. Is that so hard to click "Lock Size" and then enter calculated value ?
You forget the movies' length. One episode can be 50 minutes, another can be 25 minutes, another 1h30, another 35 minutes...

Giving to each the same size is the wrong way to go about it. What you need to do is give them the same bitrate.

Quote:
2-pass for audio is simply waste of time (decoding to 6ch wav plus 2-passes for encoding). Besides Quality Mode in Nero gives better results than 2-pass.
Saving to wave takes 30 seconds. 1 pass encoding takes 1 minute, so 2 passes will take 2 minutes...

Compare this to encoding the movie, which in this example can take 45 minutes.... So with 2 pass audio it will be 47min30 instead of 46 minutes...

I don't see any waste of time here ?

Regarding quality mode vs 2 pass abr: when you want to put the maximum on a disc (-> lock size), you don't want quality mode; you want to aim for a bitrate and so you want average bitrate.

Quote:
Last word. I'm very happy with CT-AAC quality and I am not going to replace it. Sorry.
Who said you need to replace it ?

Anyway, I see you are missing my point completely. Good luck with your tool.

Last edited by Bigmango; 15th October 2007 at 02:13.
Old 15th October 2007, 21:17   #198  |  Link
Miryan

Just a thought. Could Ripbot use ifo files, like autogk?
Old 15th October 2007, 22:17   #199  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
You forget the movies' length. One episode can be 50 minutes, another can be 25 minutes, another 1h30, another 35 minutes...
I assumed you encode the same episodes with similar length(anime - about 21 min ,TV shows - about 43 min).

Quote:
Anyway, I see you are missing my point completely. Good luck with your tool.
Good luck with nero. Peace.

Quote:
Just a thought. Could Ripbot use ifo files, like autogk?
To be honest I prefer pure .vobs created with DVDFabDecrypter instead of full DVD rip with IFO.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 15th October 2007 at 22:25.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:45   #200  |  Link
Miryan

Quote:
To be honest I prefer pure .vobs created with DVDFabDecrypter instead of full DVD rip with IFO.
Okay, I will try that, thanks!

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360