Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 23rd March 2010, 19:57   #11161  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

albain
As you checking the postprocessing filter, please take a look on SPP Deblocking (and fast SPP deblocking in particular case), with full postprocessing enabled it very slow even on modern cpus, while on builds from near 2006-2008 it was a lot faster.
Of course, I taking into account grown of resolution in video files
Px is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:07   #11162  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
regarding releasing a new beta, I personally think that some of the new features are still a work in progress, and I still want to implement a default white list for DXVA like clsid suggested.
(we have to do this in order to avoid problems with many programs)
Do you have any estimate when you will have time to work on this?

I have made an initial list of the most commonly used players:
"bsplayer.exe;ehshell.exe;gom.exe;graphedit.exe;graphedt.exe;graphstudio.exe;graphstudio64.exe;kmplayer.exe;mpc-hc.exe;mpc-hc64.exe;mplayerc.exe;wmplayer.exe;zplayer.exe;"
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:22   #11163  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Good, some issues fixed as you said: bicubic, gauss, the hangs and the missing list of filters fixed too

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
We should ask H.264 experts on this forum.
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X2...ngs#no-deblock

Check "--no-deblock". Also note that x264's ultrafast preset has --no-deblock in it.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 14:05   #11164  |  Link
tal.aloni

@clsid

since I develop features in parallel, I have a main trunk directory and several non-svn directories.
with your latest changes, I can't build any of them....

what should we do?

Code:
1>Performing Pre-Build Event...
1>SubWCRev : 'd:\Development\ffdshow\3330' is not a working copy
1>Compiling resources...

Edit:
maybe something like this?
Code:
@if ERRORLEVEL 6 goto :NoSubWCRev
p.s.
why update_version is pre-build event?
isn't it only needed for innosetup?
Tal

Last edited by tal.aloni; 24th March 2010 at 14:31.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 14:33   #11165  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Px View Post
albain
As you checking the postprocessing filter, please take a look on SPP Deblocking (and fast SPP deblocking in particular case), with full postprocessing enabled it very slow even on modern cpus, while on builds from near 2006-2008 it was a lot faster.
Of course, I taking into account grown of resolution in video files
The 'preset' slider controls how many passes the SPP deblocker performs. Set it to for example 2 or 3, and it will be much lighter on the CPU.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:46   #11166  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
@clsid

since I develop features in parallel, I have a main trunk directory and several non-svn directories.
with your latest changes, I can't build any of them....

what should we do?

Code:
1>Performing Pre-Build Event...
1>SubWCRev : 'd:\Development\ffdshow\3330' is not a working copy
1>Compiling resources...
Edit:
maybe something like this?
Code:
@if ERRORLEVEL 6 goto :NoSubWCRev
p.s.
why update_version is pre-build event?
isn't it only needed for innosetup?
Tal
The SVN revision is used in the file resource too (and in the future perhaps also on the About page in settings). So that is why it is done pre-build.

I am fixing it now.

Last edited by clsid; 24th March 2010 at 14:54.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 15:05   #11167  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I am fixing it now.
Thanks,
for TortoiseSVN 1.6.7 (latest), the error code returned is 6 (SVN error), 10 doesn't work (seems like a bug on their side).
adding both 6 and 10 will be the best solution here.

Edit:
IF ERRORLEVEL construction has one strange feature, it returns TRUE if the return code was equal to or higher than the specified errorlevel.

here is the suggested fix:

@if ERRORLEVEL 6 if not ERRORLEVEL 7 goto :NoSubWCRev
@if ERRORLEVEL 10 if not ERRORLEVEL 11 goto :NoSubWCRev

Last edited by tal.aloni; 24th March 2010 at 15:17.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:20   #11168  |  Link
clsid

In that case I will change it to:
if %ERRORLEVEL%==6
if %ERRORLEVEL%==10
Old 24th March 2010, 15:23   #11169  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:

@developers

It would be great to release a new beta very soon.
Many things have been fixed since beta7 : DXVA2, HD audio, bluray subtitles support

I have nearly finished my work on libswscale and libpostproc libraries, but the commit should done only after this new beta.
What do you think ?
Albain, I apologize if I'm coming off as nagging (which is not my intent), but I'd love it if the issues with DXVA + ff/rew could be fixed before putting out an official beta (isn't that an oxymoron? )

To summarize for others (@Tetsuo for the mpc-hc splitter issue ?), using a player other than mpc-hc (i.e. Windows Media Center) using dxva + haali + ff/rew crashes. Using dxva + gabest + ff/rew works however gabest splitter (at least for mkvs) fails to consistently "see" the subtitle/audio streams (using Albain's Media Control).
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 15:29   #11170  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
In that case I will change it to:
if %ERRORLEVEL%==6
if %ERRORLEVEL%==10
seem to work as well.
Thanks!
Old 24th March 2010, 16:13   #11171  |  Link
stax76

@clsid

Please add StaxRip to the whitelist.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 16:32   #11172  |  Link
tal.aloni

DXVA whitelist - Patch

this patch makes the compatibility manager ("show dialog when an unknown application tries to load ffdshow") independent and not shared between ffdshow / DXVA / audio decoder,

we also enabled here a short DXVA whitelist.

http://iknowu.net/files/public/ffdsh...tibility.patch
Old 24th March 2010, 17:45   #11173  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
Albain, I apologize if I'm coming off as nagging (which is not my intent), but I'd love it if the issues with DXVA + ff/rew could be fixed before putting out an official beta (isn't that an oxymoron? )

To summarize for others (@Tetsuo for the mpc-hc splitter issue ?), using a player other than mpc-hc (i.e. Windows Media Center) using dxva + haali + ff/rew crashes. Using dxva + gabest + ff/rew works however gabest splitter (at least for mkvs) fails to consistently "see" the subtitle/audio streams (using Albain's Media Control).
I don't reproduce the crash anymore in the last revisions. Tested it in Windows 7 x64 + media center + Haali + DXVA mode + FF/RW on a H264 720p mkv
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 17:53   #11174  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
I don't reproduce the crash anymore in the last revisions. Tested it in Windows 7 x64 + media center + Haali + DXVA mode + FF/RW on a H264 720p mkv
Thanks Albain, I will test again. I was using not the latest version of Haali before so I will try to duplicate.

Any chance of finding a work around for the subs/audio stream issue with the mpc-hc mkv splitter? I'd prefer to use this splitter long term since it supports the HD Audio better.

Thanks again, for all your hard work.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:56   #11175  |  Link
clsid

@stax76
Doing so right now.

@tal
isCompMgrChanged is now obsolete right? If so, that could also be removed from the code.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:57   #11176  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

Quote:
The 'preset' slider controls how many passes the SPP deblocker performs. Set it to for example 2 or 3, and it will be much lighter on the CPU.
I knew about that, but "before" it works in 6 or 5 passes on most videos, and now, at twice powerful cpu - with only 3 or 4
Px is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 22:39   #11177  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
Thanks Albain, I will test again. I was using not the latest version of Haali before so I will try to duplicate.

Any chance of finding a work around for the subs/audio stream issue with the mpc-hc mkv splitter? I'd prefer to use this splitter long term since it supports the HD Audio better.

Thanks again, for all your hard work.
I have applied a fix (rather a workaround) to media control, I have to post the new builds
Old 25th March 2010, 00:02   #11178  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
I have applied a fix (rather a workaround) to media control, I have to post the new builds
Awesome, thank you again Albain.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:49   #11179  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

FYI, I posted new media control builds on sourceforge and my website (6.0.4)
Old 26th March 2010, 00:24   #11180  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
FYI, I posted new media control builds on sourceforge and my website (6.0.4)
@Albain,

I upgraded to MediaControl 6.04, Ffdshow 3334, Gabest splitter 1764, latest Haali (I'm using Shark's pack basically), and unfortunately I"m having the same issues. This is on Win 7 x32. NOTE: All the issues I'm seeing are only when using ffdshow dxva and not ffdshow software decoding (everything works as expected in this case).

I tested a couple of 720p MKVs and I get crashes still using haali if I ff/rew for any length of time.

With the mpc-splitter, I still have the issues with it detecting the subs. Context menu doesn't pop up (because it didn't detect the individual embedded subs), but even when I manually go into the Sub/Audio stream selection menu of Media Control it simply has the Checkbox for "Show Subtitles". I can turn off/on subs correctly from there, however it fails to enumerate the embedded subs (i.e. it's just blank, it doesn't list any of the embedded subs. I haven't tried with external subs).

Hopefully someone else can confirm what I'm seeing, but if you need logs/info please let me know. Sorry this has been a persistent problem, but I do appreciate the effort you have put into it.

EDIT: Also I noticed a small Media Control bug I think. It kept failing to detect ffdshow dxva running even after applying the Recommended Configuration. I looked into the settings and noticed that in the ffdshow dxva control/inputs settings were not set to use "Remote Control API" and the "User Defined Settings". I think your "Apply Min/Recommended Changes" buttons seemed to only do this for regular ffdshow. Once I made these changes MediaControl detected ffdshow dxva.

EDIT2: Another note/bug with MC. From your front page the Download button goes to an error page (not found). I had to download it manually through Sourceforge. Also on Sourgeforge the current version listed is 6.02, I had to go to show all files to get to 6.04.

Last edited by rsd78; 26th March 2010 at 00:33.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl