Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 1st February 2009, 11:16   #2601  |  Link
Glorioso

Roman, i'm having a problem with subtitles. In some files, not all, the subtitles stop a some time in the file and dont reappear. I experienced this problem with multiAVCHD and them tried directly with tsMuseR and same problem. I get the subtitles for 1/3 of the movie then they dint show anymore. Anyone with this problem?
Glorioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 12:25   #2602  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Can you try again with this problematic file, but set CUT START and CUT END in seconds so tsMuxer/multiAVCHD will cut the movie 1 minute before subtitles start missing and cut end couple of minutes later?
Old 1st February 2009, 13:06   #2603  |  Link
Glorioso

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Can you try again with this problematic file, but set CUT START and CUT END in seconds so tsMuxer/multiAVCHD will cut the movie 1 minute before subtitles start missing and cut end couple of minutes later?
Right now!!!
Old 1st February 2009, 15:17   #2604  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
You are aware of the tsremux workaround for TrueHD, eh?
are your referring to converting to pcm..then yes.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 15:20   #2605  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
It's a little known fact, but (as of somewhere December of last year?) the PS3 actually does support High @ 5.1 Profile now! Sony doesn't generally advertise such info, but it's true nonetheless.

Furthermore,

For 1080p content: reference frames should be < 5 (although 5 reportedly seems to work at times).
For 720p content: reference frames should be < 10 (haven't confirmed this, btw; I thought it was still at max 4).
All content: b-frames should be < 4.
Yes I agree its his ref frames being too high not the lvl that causes the issue. I played with a file recently and just converted it with ffmpeg and took off a ref frame at a time. once I got down to 4 it played on the ps3..but lost half of the video info of course. so the only solution was to reencode. and for 720 the ps3 can handle up to 9.
Old 1st February 2009, 16:12   #2606  |  Link
Butterfly666

Originally Posted by GreenOnyx
I received an error code 3 with the error below in the bottom output box. The box with the processing details didn't say anything abnormal. Has anyone seen this, or is there a way I can find out more info? It's dealing with a ripped blu-ray m2ts that I'm stripping everything out of. I'm using v1.8.8b.

"Bitstream exception. It does not have to be! Plase contact the application support team for more information."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvain07 View Post
hello I have the same problem with the film Troy, nobody has an answer?
Same problem here 2. Look the attachment

I get this error only when I mux it to bluray. For mts or ts it works fine

There is a way 2 get it work: Mux it first to TS and then the TS 2 Bluray output. The error is gone!

Reply if it's working for you...
Attached Images

Last edited by Butterfly666; 2nd February 2009 at 14:01.
Butterfly666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 16:18   #2607  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
Yes I agree its his ref frames being too high not the lvl that causes the issue. I played with a file recently and just converted it with ffmpeg and took off a ref frame at a time. once I got down to 4 it played on the ps3..but lost half of the video info of course. so the only solution was to reencode. and for 720 the ps3 can handle up to 9.
PS3 has to support 1080 with 4 reference frames with 4.1 level upt to 40Mbit and one secodn of GOP size maximum (or 2 seconds if bitarte is below 15Mbit). B frames, no more than 3. This is BD spec and PS3 will do this for 100%. It does more, but there is no official information how much more.
If you want to be sure about playback just keep BD spec.

Andrew

Last edited by kolak; 1st February 2009 at 16:20.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 16:25   #2608  |  Link
Glorioso

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Didn't work.
Old 1st February 2009, 18:02   #2609  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post

PS3 has to support 1080 with 4 reference frames with 4.1 level up to 40Mbit and one second of GOP size maximum (or 2 seconds if bitarte is below 15Mbit). B frames, no more than 3. This is BD spec and PS3 will do this for 100%. It does more, but there is no official information how much more.
If you want to be sure about playback just keep BD spec.
While it's true that High @ 5.1 Profile isn't specifically mentioned somewhere (it seems Sony likes to brag more about Trophies and Photo Browser support, etc.), I wouldn't go so far as to say it's unofficial. Suddenly it was simpy supported (near the end of last year), much like streaming multi-channel LPCM one day simply arrived. But support for both was nonetheless deliberate and not half-baked: it simply works.

Bitrates, honestly, are a laugh, really, in that almost no manufacturer, including Sony, seems to care about how high you go with it. On High @ 4.1 Profile, the PS3 will handle well in excess of > 400Mbps (!), and I bet you're not even near pushing the envelope with that number. A high @ 4.1 Profile has an 'official' max of 62.5Mbps, btw.
Old 1st February 2009, 18:58   #2610  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
You are aware of the tsremux workaround for TrueHD, eh?
Not to be unnecessarily rude, but isn't it time this longstanding bug got fixed?
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:17   #2611  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Not to be unnecessarily rude, but isn't it time this longstanding bug got fixed?
Also I'm not clear on what he was saying about the tsremux workaround..if you extracting from the original m2ts then yes it may work but tsremux does not split files into 4 gig parts as far as I know. Which is what you need to create a AVCHD structure on a flash/harddrive.
If you have raw streams like I do (ie 720p reendcoded video) TSremux will not work with them unless they are in a container and the only way to put them into one is tsmuxer which breaks the True-HD. Can you elaborate Odin on how to do this?
Old 2nd February 2009, 03:21   #2612  |  Link
odin24

Yeah, I was referring to an uncut TrueHD track... sorry for the confusion. I guess I should have read the post a little more carefully.

For all that is interested, I have recoded 1080p rips to DVD9 and kept the TrueHD in some cases. The best I have done so far is a 1hr50min movie with a 24bit TrueHD track. The video looks great. It's even better if the movie is shorter in length or has a 16 bit track. I have tested out on a PS3 and Sony BDP350, both playback fine.

Also, animation movies compress extremely well... I have kept a DTS HD-MA track, which are generally larger than TrueHD, and compressed to DVD9, results were flawless.

Figuring out the m2ts overhead is the tricky part, it's different than a typical AC3 or DTS track, I alway mux the THD or DTSHD track alone, that will give the exact overhead for the audio. The video overhead is generally 4% for a 2hr movie, maybe 3.5% for a 1hr45min or lower.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:18   #2613  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Yeah, I was referring to an uncut TrueHD track... sorry for the confusion. I guess I should have read the post a little more carefully.

For all that is interested, I have recoded 1080p rips to DVD9 and kept the TrueHD in some cases. The best I have done so far is a 1hr50min movie with a 24bit TrueHD track. The video looks great. It's even better if the movie is shorter in length or has a 16 bit track. I have tested out on a PS3 and Sony BDP350, both playback fine.

Also, animation movies compress extremely well... I have kept a DTS HD-MA track, which are generally larger than TrueHD, and compressed to DVD9, results were flawless.

Figuring out the m2ts overhead is the tricky part, it's different than a typical AC3 or DTS track, I alway mux the THD or DTSHD track alone, that will give the exact overhead for the audio. The video overhead is generally 4% for a 2hr movie, maybe 3.5% for a 1hr45min or lower.

So to get TRUE-HD to work you muxed the video with the true hd audio with tsmuxer into a m2ts file, then used tsremux to remux it into a BD structure? is that correct?

Last edited by jamos; 2nd February 2009 at 15:21.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:11   #2614  |  Link
Digi

Quote:

I would love to know how you got a recoded 1080p with DolbyTrueHD to playback on the Sony S350 as i can only get legacy DTS and Dolby to playback, and as far as testing goes the S350 with firmware over 009 will not playback DTS through the HDMI.

Care to share your encoding methods
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:48   #2615  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
So to get TRUE-HD to work you muxed the video with the true hd audio with tsmuxer into a m2ts file, then used tsremux to remux it into a BD structure? is that correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi
I would love to know how you got a recoded 1080p with DolbyTrueHD to playback on the Sony S350 as i can only get legacy DTS and Dolby to playback, and as far as testing goes the S350 with firmware over 009 will not playback DTS through the HDMI.

Care to share your encoding methods
Without going into extreme detail, recode as usual... just the m2ts overhead is astronomical compared to all other streams. I mux it alone to figure it out.

I tested TrueHD and DTS HD-MA on a DVD9 on a non-HDMI receiver hooked up through optical on a v009 unit. Legacy audio played for both formats.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:28   #2616  |  Link
Digi

Quote:
Correct.

Without going into extreme detail, recode as usual... just the m2ts overhead is astronomical compared to all other streams. I mux it alone to figure it out.

I tested TrueHD and DTS HD-MA on a DVD9 on a non-HDMI receiver hooked up through optical on a v009 unit. Legacy audio played for both formats.
I see i think you will find that the S350 will not playback those full High Definition audio tracks at all via HDMI as i have done some testing with all available Hi-Def tracks and can only get the Legacy ones to play even through HDMI.

I would save space on your DVD9's and just allow room for thelegacy tracks as the HD audio tracks will never on this player. Infact as far as i know only the panasonic BD35/55 models will playback the full DTS-HD audio track in bitstream format through HDMI no other players will.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:43   #2617  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
I see i think you will find that the S350 will not playback those full High Definition audio tracks at all via HDMI as i have done some testing with all available Hi-Def tracks and can only get the Legacy ones to play even through HDMI.

I would save space on your DVD9's and just allow room for thelegacy tracks as the HD audio tracks will never on this player. Infact as far as i know only the panasonic BD35/55 models will playback the full DTS-HD audio track in bitstream format through HDMI no other players will.
The BDP350 that I used is my inlaws, and they do not have an HD audio receiver. I hope to get a BDP350 in the near future so hopefully I can report back soon. My player is the PS3, it has no problems decoding TrueHD and DTS HD-MA tracks on DVD9.
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:58   #2618  |  Link
Digi

Quote:
The BDP350 that I used is my inlaws, and they do not have an HD audio receiver. I hope to get a BDP350 in the near future so hopefully I can report back soon. My player is the PS3, it has no problems decoding TrueHD and DTS HD-MA tracks on DVD9.
odin24 i do have the Denon 3808 HD audio receiver and i can tell you now none of the HD full bitrate audio tracks played back from the Sony S350 work through HDMI only Dolby digital @ 640kbps works if you have upgraded the firmware past .009, If not then DTS works as well through HDMI.

My S350 is on V.013 firmware and through Optical and Coaxial i can get DTS and DD but as said the full HD tracks through HDMI will not play. The only test that i have not done is to try a recoded BD25 disc and that is only because i do not have a burner.

The PS3 can play the Full HD audio as it internaly decodes it and outputs PCM but the PS3 cannot bitstream the HD Audio
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:09   #2619  |  Link
odin24

Thanks, at least DTS @1536kb/s sends through optical with the latest FW.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:00   #2620  |  Link
asarian

Is roman76r actually still developing this app? If not, perhaps he'd be willing to make it opensource, so folks like Madshi (of eac3to) can fix outstanding issues like the TrueHD bug.

Tags
tsmuxer