Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th April 2009, 16:09   #1  |  Link
Gargalash

.AVS as DirectoShowSource in .AVS = bogus for me

Hello all,
I am having problems with a new thing I tried. Let me describe how I got there first.

I load a .d2v file from VOBs in my avs script. This is deinterlaced and filtered with very slow and very high quality filters and rendered to lossless Lagarith AVIs. These are then aligned in a simple avs and this becomes the source for further encodings (WMVs and MPGs). This simple avs with the lossless AVIs is also processed in VFAPI to create the "fake" avi I need to be able to load this in the Adobe Flash Video Encoder. Overall this method works just fine and gives the results I want.

Yesterday I tried something new. I created avs templates that would do the following: load as a directshowsource the avs containing the aligned lossless AVIs, resize them to the final size of the destination files (mpegs, FLV or WMV), apply a very gentle sharpening and dirt removal. With this I aimed at providing the best looking source to the various encoders. And it did provide excellent results... for what I was able to acheive!

TMPGEnc 4.0 crashes quickly and cannot finish encodes, wmv and mpg. For Adobe Flash Encoder, I had to process the final avs file into vfapi and then feed it with the result. It crashed on the first encode as well.

I guess the lesson is that I should align the lossless AVIs in the template that does the final resizing and sharpening rather than loading an AVS in an AVS.

But now I wonder: SHOULD it be working?
Also, I'm tired of having to use vfapi to load my avs in Adobe Flash Encoder. What are the alternatives that can make flv from avs?

Thanks for your help!
Gargalash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 20:15   #2  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Don't use DirectShowSource (or AviSource) to load another .avs file - this causes another instance of Avisynth to be loaded recursively.
Use Import instead.
Gavino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 20:32   #3  |  Link
Gargalash

Gavino,
Thanks for your help!

Anyone has a suggestion on how to encode FLVs from AVS?
Old 14th April 2009, 20:34   #4  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Even if Adobe Flash Video Encoder doesn't use VFW or Directshow to decode (and I have no idea about this sort of thing), you can always use MakeAVIs (included in ffdshow-tryouts) to create a fake AVI from your AVS script with fake raw video and use that.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 15:20   #5  |  Link
Gargalash

Thank you Inspector.Gadget