Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th March 2009, 00:15   #2061  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyau View Post
Which build of PowerDVD 8 do you have? The latest build, 2217, which I downloaded directly from Cyberlink 3 days ago doesn't have this problem. Though the build 2521 that is available mainly in torrents have the exact problem you are describing.
Dont tell wrong things. I downloaded this:
http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload...D081231-02.exe
more than a week ago. And its also linked on the download page too.

Btw. I dont do BD5 or BD9 but BD25 are working normal as they should.

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 08:23   #2062  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
After previously blaming all x264 failures on bad rips, I now have one which is puzzling me, and my detection method. I have a rip of 300 which I was doing full disc, and on an extra it gave the 'x264 stopped working' message. I identified the stream and played it with MPC and sure enough it was blocky and pixelated. Normally I would re-rip it but in this case I double checked by playing the rip with powerdvd. It was perfect and no sign of any damage. Given this I tried to resume the job but I still get x264 errors, although typically at different percentages through.
Am I missing something obvious?
I had the same problem with 300. It is a few of the bigger interlaced VC-1 streams that have the issue. What I did was setup cyberlink to decode it by setting the merits in graphstudio and it worked. This is also another workaround. I wouldn't use cyberlink for all VC-1 streams though as I've seen it freeze a frame and continue to display it until the runtime is up, x264 really speeds up in these cases. WMVideo DMO (WMV9 in ffdshow) handled these streams just fine.

BTW this isn't really a BD-Rebuilder issue at all, I don't know if jdobbs can do anything about it either. I've tried contacting people involved in libavcodec with no luck and I'm not even going to try contacting microsoft as I think trying to contact them without knowing them is a lost cause.

Maybe jdobbs can put something in the original post in big bold as we have a lot of posts in this thread that involve decoder issues.

Last edited by turbojet; 15th March 2009 at 08:27.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 13:55   #2063  |  Link
DK

it's not a bug actually only me being stupid but still i hope someone can help me out:

bd rebuilder failed with the final rebuilding - because the target drive was FULL

not being familiar with bd structures at all and because this was my very first go with bd rebuilder, can someone tell me how to "repeat" the final phase of rebuilder after having gone through hours of encoding?

with dvd-rb i'd have tha chance of using 3-click and then simply repeating rebuild-step but what can can do with bd rebuilder?
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 14:29   #2064  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
it's not a bug actually only me being stupid but still i hope someone can help me out:

bd rebuilder failed with the final rebuilding - because the target drive was FULL

not being familiar with bd structures at all and because this was my very first go with bd rebuilder, can someone tell me how to "repeat" the final phase of rebuilder after having gone through hours of encoding?

with dvd-rb i'd have tha chance of using 3-click and then simply repeating rebuild-step but what can can do with bd rebuilder?
If you just press the backup button it should just prompt you asking if you want to continue from where you let off.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 15:51   #2065  |  Link
DK

thanks, tekmobile - it did the magic

didn't dare to do so as i thought i'd repeat the entire encoding process.

good solution, jdoobs!
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 15:55   #2066  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
thanks, tekmobile - it did the magic

didn't dare to do so as i thought i'd repeat the entire encoding process.

good solution, jdoobs!
Just make sure if it happens again that you don't change ANYTHING at all in a panic. If you do it won't give you the option to continue
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 17:45   #2067  |  Link
NexGen76

F.y.i

I was doing BD-25 i had max QT setting & also had do not convert DTS to AC3 checked.......I lost my Log that's why couldn't post it.But my finish product over shot the target by 500MB.Blu-Ray Movie was King Kong using BD-RB 0.20.03.Just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue before ? Thxs
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 18:17   #2068  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
I was doing BD-25 i had max QT setting & also had do not convert DTS to AC3 checked.......I lost my Log that's why couldn't post it.But my finish product over shot the target by 500MB.Blu-Ray Movie was King Kong using BD-RB 0.20.03.Just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue before ? Thxs
Hi!

To not need to reencode all, reenoce some of the xtras with lower bitrate.

I made a small batch script, which logs all x264 commands, so you can easily encode with lower bitrate and rebuild.

Code:
@echo off
:start
if not exist lastcmd.txt goto delay
echo new last cmd found...
if exist prevcmd.txt del prevcmd.txt
ren lastcmd.txt prevcmd.txt
type prevcmd.txt >> CMDHistory.txt
:delay
PING -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
goto start
Just let it run during BD-RB.

Bye
Old 15th March 2009, 18:28   #2069  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Wanted Region B doesn't seem to work Both in my Panasonic BD30 and Power DVD 8, i have tried it with a few versions of BD Rebuilder and with a couple of different settings and it hangs at the same place on both players, even from a built image file of the output. The original full rip plays fine in power dvd 8 so something else must be wrong. Here is a list of what Happens:
1. Universal Logo Plays fine.
2. Top Menu to select audio (on the last encode i did i chose to keep japanese audio as well as this is the first audio track) choose either japanese or english as audio.
3. Shows copyright languages in whatever language was chosen.
4. Now shows Java Loading bar.
5. Shows Main menu in whatever language you chose. (note all the extras play fine)
6. Choose play movie option - disk (or image file) freezes.

With the original rip as an image file, at option 6. press play, i can tell from the info window on power dvd 8 that the files quickly cycle through different DTS audio settings within a couple of seconds - i.e. DTS 5.1 750kbps - DTS HD 5.1 1536 Kbps - DTS Master HD audio at whatever very large audio rate that is. Also with the the original Disk in my Panasonic, when pressing play at this point, the film starts but it takes my reciever a couple of seconds to pick the audio stream up. I don't know if any of this is significant but it does seem like rather odd behaviour.
Any Takers?
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 19:02   #2070  |  Link
NexGen76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
Hi!

I made a small batch script, which logs all x264 commands, so you can easily encode with lower bitrate and rebuild.

Code:
@echo off
PING -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
goto start

Bye
I had my extras set on Fast encode so i was thinking maybe it was encoding at a lower Bitrate ? If fast extra's are set to this does this mean it will encode at a lower Bitrate ? Thxs
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 19:05   #2071  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
I had my extras set on Fast encode so i was thinking maybe it was encoding at a lower Bitrate ? If fast extra's are set to this does this mean it will encode at a lower Bitrate ? Thxs
Its doing just one pass. Anyway, you can reencode only some extras manually and see if it fits.

If the main movie on the original disc is not to big and in AVC, you can even NOT encode the main movie and use it as it is. Although its some manual steps involved.

Bye
Old 15th March 2009, 19:35   #2072  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Wanted Region B doesn't seem to work Both in my Panasonic BD30 and Power DVD 8, i have tried it with a few versions of BD Rebuilder and with a couple of different settings and it hangs at the same place on both players, even from a built image file of the output. The original full rip plays fine in power dvd 8 so something else must be wrong. Here is a list of what Happens:
1. Universal Logo Plays fine.
2. Top Menu to select audio (on the last encode i did i chose to keep japanese audio as well as this is the first audio track) choose either japanese or english as audio.
3. Shows copyright languages in whatever language was chosen.
4. Now shows Java Loading bar.
5. Shows Main menu in whatever language you chose. (note all the extras play fine)
6. Choose play movie option - disk (or image file) freezes.

With the original rip as an image file, at option 6. press play, i can tell from the info window on power dvd 8 that the files quickly cycle through different DTS audio settings within a couple of seconds - i.e. DTS 5.1 750kbps - DTS HD 5.1 1536 Kbps - DTS Master HD audio at whatever very large audio rate that is. Also with the the original Disk in my Panasonic, when pressing play at this point, the film starts but it takes my reciever a couple of seconds to pick the audio stream up. I don't know if any of this is significant but it does seem like rather odd behaviour.
Any Takers?
Same here with "The mummy 3", german and as far as I remember with "Kung fu panda", german. After playing the menu, when I choose "start movie", it hangs.

Bye
Old 15th March 2009, 19:38   #2073  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
Just make sure if it happens again that you don't change ANYTHING at all in a panic. If you do it won't give you the option to continue
It will always ask if it can continue, if not it will prompt you whether to overwrite the Working directory. If you say no to that one you are still safe.

Most of the time if you think it should let you continue, but it won't -- check your selections (source, destination, output size, movie-only/full, audio selections, etc). They have to be the same in order to continue on a previous encode..
Old 15th March 2009, 19:42   #2074  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi!

Code:
@echo off
PING -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
goto start

Bye
This seems like it would slow down the encode (because it is continually running and using the disc and processor)???
Old 15th March 2009, 20:21   #2075  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
This seems like it would slow down the encode (because it is continually running and using the disc and processor)???
Yes of course. But should not be to much. Anyway its the easiest way to get a x264 command history.

It was not only once useful for me.
Old 15th March 2009, 20:37   #2076  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Quote:
Same here with "The mummy 3", german and as far as I remember with "Kung fu panda", german. After playing the menu, when I choose "start movie", it hangs.

Bye
Thats interesting, because The Mummy 3 is a Universal Title too!? Has anybody else had problems with these or other universal titles?
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 21:39   #2077  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Code:
@echo off
PING -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
goto start

Bye
Code:
@echo off
START BD_Rebuilder.exe
ECHO Setup BD Rebuilder ONLY Dont start the backup then
PAUSE
CLS
set /p disc=What disc are you doing ?  
echo Disc Title: %disc% >> CMDHistory.txt
echo Adding %disc% to CMDHistory
ECHO Copying the settings file to CMDHistory
TYPE BDREBUILDER.INI >> CMDHistory.txt
ECHO Writing commands to CMDHistory
ECHO You may now press the Backup button
:run
echo Writing new command to CMDHistory
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000>null
goto run
I have made some additional mods to your code to also write the settings file to the CMDHistory and auto start BD Rebuilder at the start its asks for the name of the disc too (there may be any easier method to do this but im not sure) so its easier to know what commands are for what disc in the history file.

Also I have changed your ping command so it only pings once than waits 10 seconds instead of pinging 10 times this also reduces cpu usage

It may very slightly slow the encode down but its nothing noticable and may help in toubleshooting troublesome discs

Last edited by tekmobile; 16th March 2009 at 00:01. Reason: changed code
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 03:17   #2078  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I have nice qualities too like wanting to help you numptees, which is why I wrote a guide. It's not in there though so will add to it at some point. We were all unenlightened once, I'm sure there's stuff you know what I should and I don't. I really didn't mean it personally. This is the internet

Sorry if I took it personal. I know you mean well and have helped me out alot.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:24   #2079  |  Link
drpaulng

source path problem

There is a very annoying problem that for non-unicode language such as Chinese, the source path is invalid. We must set the non-unicode programing language to English in the "control center/language and region/advanced" and reboot in order to use BDRB. Otherwise, an error message (source check 00006) telling you the selected source is not BD format keeps on forever. Anyone knows any workaround other than doing the language setting? Because after setting the language to English, all other programs may have invalid path and the language should be re-set back to English and reboot again. Thanks in advance.

PS: Clown_BD_v0.40b.exe and CLIPINF_Editor_v0.02b.exe do not have the same problem for source path.

Last edited by drpaulng; 16th March 2009 at 15:38.
drpaulng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 16:21   #2080  |  Link
spida_singh

jdobbs....

Excellent program first off. But, more of a request than a bug report, but necessary as it could be classed as a bug in this thread. Whilst encoding Hellboy 2 (Movie only), my sister accidently took the disc out to play another movie on the pc. BDRB was minimsed. The job ran fine, and completed as if it was all successful, media info gave the correct duration. But, it came to light later when she told me she took the disc out, that the full movie had not been encoded. when playing back the stream, VLC reported it was a full length movie (full duration displayed), but, I can really only view up to about 45 minutes into the film (I could not seek to the end of the movie). I originally thought that BDRB had demuxed the files, and then ran off the workfiles folder, as no warning was given when the disc was ejected.

But now I can confirm that even though the job stated it ran 100%, and vlc as well media info reported back the correct duration of the stream, it was not all there in the end result, the file size was also correct.

Im just asking if it's possible to as a warning to state the disc has been ejected.

Unfortuantly I deleted the workfiles folder, and have started the job again, (so no logs etc) making sure the disc will not be ejected.

BTW: Using latest version 0.20.03

Many thanks

Last edited by spida_singh; 16th March 2009 at 19:55.
spida_singh is offline   Reply With Quote