Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 24th April 2007, 01:44   #1  |  Link
Capsbackup

PGCEdit "copy to clipboard" message

I used to get the message "PgcEdit will set the layer break and automatically write the correct sector to ImgBurn’s settings and will display a message asking if you want to copy the number to the clipboard". I no longer get the message/ option to copy the layer break number to the clipboard. This came in handy for me. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling PGCEdit but it still does not work. I can save the completed log file, which most of the time will tell you the layer break number to set, but I have found that sometimes the layer break setting number is not in the log. Anyone else have this happen or know how to get the message back?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 01:47   #2  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

It will be in the ImgBurn log anyway.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 07:44   #3  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have removed this message under Windows, as it was annoying for most of us. You should not need it if you burn with ImgBurn v2 or greater.
I have just modified my code to put it back when the option to burn the DVD directly with ImgBurn is not ticked.

Anyway, you can still copy it easily. Before accepting the "Select Layer Break" dialog, copy the "Final position of Layer Break = Sectors in L0" field, in the top part of the window. (And don't forget that you have to paste it before closing PgcEdit.)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 01:54   #4  |  Link
Capsbackup

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to know it wasn't me or my setup, since I remember getting that message before. I usually create the image with PGCEdit first, then defrag my hard drive before using IMGBurn, thus why I like to have the notepad file saved to "copy/paste" the layer break position into IMGBurn. Is there another way that might be easier/better to do this when not burning the disc directly from PGCEdit?
Old 25th April 2007, 03:38   #5  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Use ImgBurn in build mode - guide on site. You don't even need to create an ISO - it can burn from VIDEO_TS folder.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 08:57   #6  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That's right. Use ImgBurn v2. It can do everything PgcEdit does.

And if you really want to create the ISO with PgcEdit, you can burn it with ImgBurn without having to specify the LB position. It will recognize it automatically. If, per chance, there are several LB positions suitables in the ISO, ti will prompt you to select the right one.

Furthermore, you can copy the LB sector number with PgcEdit, as I've explained above.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 15:28   #7  |  Link
Capsbackup

Thanks again blutach and rOLZ. I guess I have had the habit of using the method described above. Time for this old dog to try something new! Both programs are great, and I will try out IMGBurn.