Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th October 2003, 01:24   #1  |  Link
cypher_soundz
Gold Member

DMCA advantages (if any) & disadvantages

I was wondering if there were any advantages of the dmca(euro-dmca)? i can see that you may be able to stop copies of your copyrighted work being distributed , but this is not new? i can't see any advantages for any one? apart from the mpaa etc. The copyright holder could still prosecute bootleggers (those people at the market with photo copied cd covers etc )but this would not be under the dmca, So they may be able to punish the bootlegger more but would the copyright holder really see any of this money?

I would also like to know of what rights the DMCA has taken from us?
The new euro-dmca has made a big impact to many users of this forum. I hope they find away around this.
Does discussing circumventing copy protection (vocally) like in a computer club violate the new euro dmca?

I hope you can see were I'm coming from and any comment will be warmly welcomed.

Regards
Cyph

cypher_soundz

Windows XP| 2GB ECC DDR 2100 ram| 160gb WD 7200rpm 40gb seagate 7200rpm |40gb seagate 7200rpm | Dual 2400MP X1 ;) [L5 mod]| MSI K7D| ATI radeon 9800 PRO 128MB tv-out/dv-out | Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350| Samsung dvd (firmware:612-B) | NEC 1300 dvd+r

cypher_soundz is offline   Reply With Quote